Lion mount

Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Sonata
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Tarren Mill, Bloodhoof.

Re: Lion mount

Unread post by Sonata »

Besides that it's "oh boy another cat"-mount but what would represent the Alliance more than a lion?
Besides a horse.
The one thing that would make a huge difference (I'll try to make a example once I get home) that they would snip some of the mane around the lower jaw, just too much fluff.

"I'm in SPAAAAACE"

Anyia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Jubei'Thos (US/Oceania)

Unread post by Anyia »

Sarayana wrote:The way I read it was that the guild has to have that rep - it doesn't have to be one toon, as long as all the reps are exalted with someone in the guild. Is that not the case?
I believe this is the case, yes. The guild has to reach the prerequisite level/achievement. For a character's reputation to be counted towards the guild's achievement, the character needs to be at least revered (IIRC) with the guild. There was a blue on this recently, check mmo-champion, it should be there somewhere.
Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Sonata wrote:Besides that it's "oh boy another cat"-mount but what would represent the Alliance more than a lion?
Besides a horse.
The one thing that would make a huge difference (I'll try to make a example once I get home) that they would snip some of the mane around the lower jaw, just too much fluff.

....Now I'll never be able to ride one with a straight face...

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Sonata
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Tarren Mill, Bloodhoof.

Unread post by Sonata »

Thus I can't look at lions the same way again! Now the mount IMO needs more ribbons, curls and so on! LESS MANLYNESS MOAR GIRLYNESS!
Anywayyy, here comes the bride...I mean the ride! I gave our good ol' lion a bit of a snip with pair of clippers.

Attachments
ZOMGLIONS.jpg
ZOMGLIONS.jpg (91.27 KiB) Viewed 892 times

"I'm in SPAAAAACE"

Knowlton
Realm: Farstriders

Unread post by Knowlton »

Sonata wrote:Thus I can't look at lions the same way again! Now the mount IMO needs more ribbons, curls and so on! LESS MANLYNESS MOAR GIRLYNESS!
Anywayyy, here comes the bride...I mean the ride! I gave our good ol' lion a bit of a snip with pair of clippers.

That does look better.

The biggest problem is that they used the nightsaber as it's base. But lions don't crouch low like that, they stand tall. They really should of used the ram skeleton and made it look more like this:

Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

Or they should have given us something EPIC like a giant armored scorpid. Bitter? No, not at all....... :?

Even a more gussied-up bear (like Arcturis' model with the mane and all that) would have been more preferable to me over yet another cat. :( /sigh... That's alright, tons of people love the lion so I'll just have to be happy with something else. :cry:

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Knowlton
Realm: Farstriders

Unread post by Knowlton »

Rhyela wrote:Or they should have given us something EPIC like a giant armored scorpid. Bitter? No, not at all....... :?

Even a more gussied-up bear (like Arcturis' model with the mane and all that) would have been more preferable to me over yet another cat. :( /sigh... That's alright, tons of people love the lion so I'll just have to be happy with something else. :cry:
I know the feeling, for me it was the Worgen mount - or lack of.. so wanted that boarish mount for my soon to be human hunter..

It's a shame, we could of gotten an epic looking, proud and noble, yet fierce mount, but Blizzard instead made it into yet another cat. Even worse, they made it into a big headed, cutesy cat.
Protego
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Azuremyst

Unread post by Protego »

I can't wait for this mount. It's gonna be my new main, ground mount I think. Too bad it doesn't carry a passenger or 2 on it. And I don't consider them just "another cat". They are lions. Lions are different. Lions are a really popular animal. Lions are popular with alot of people. :--P.
Robot Wars is renewed for 6 episodes! I love some Exotic pets! And I hate spiders for.. "pets"!

Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

Knowlton wrote:
Rhyela wrote:Or they should have given us something EPIC like a giant armored scorpid. Bitter? No, not at all....... :?

I know the feeling, for me it was the Worgen mount - or lack of.. so wanted that boarish mount for my soon to be human hunter..

It's a shame, we could of gotten an epic looking, proud and noble, yet fierce mount, but Blizzard instead made it into yet another cat. Even worse, they made it into a big headed, cutesy cat.
Oh my, the day I can ride a giant armored wereboar (at least to me it has the appearance of a were-creature) is the day I piddle myself. I understand the reasoning behind worgen not getting mounts, but I was really, really looking forward to that mount from the concept art. :cry:

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Sarayana
Realm: Ysera-US, Nesingwary-US

Unread post by Sarayana »

You're not the only one Rhy... The worst part is that I have a nagging suspicion that our "make up" mounts (to compensate for the Horde getting the new Goblin mounts) will be more nelf kitties and horses. No thank you Blizz, I want a new type of mount please.

Much gratitude to Spiritbinder for the signature and Vephriel for the avatar! <3

bloodysam
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Scryers!

Unread post by bloodysam »

I want it i am so happy i picked Ally (no offence lol) , ITS SO FLUFFY!!!!!!!!!!

Born a lonewolf...choosen to be with pets!
Thanks for the awwsome signature Pooksie!!
Sorcha Ravenlock
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Darkmoon Faire

Unread post by Sorcha Ravenlock »

Kalliope wrote:
Sonata wrote:Besides that it's "oh boy another cat"-mount but what would represent the Alliance more than a lion?
Besides a horse.

....Now I'll never be able to ride one with a straight face...

oh, LOL! :lol:

now I want ribbons for mine too, hehe.