PETA Demotivation I made

Pokerfase
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Vek'nilash, Area 52

Re: PETA Demotivation I made

Unread post by Pokerfase »

Psh, using sex appeal makes people join your cause for all the wrong reasons... right?

Personally, I don't see eating meat as wrong. After all, it happens all the time in nature, and I'm pretty sure that some deaths at the hands of other animals would be incredibly gruesome too. Nature isn't always pretty, after all. Overall, I see the food industry's effect on the environment as a more important topic. But I don't really mind vegetarians and vegans as long as they aren't trying to force their lifestyle on others.

Mockingbird
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Azjol-Nerub (EU)

Unread post by Mockingbird »

lovcat wrote:
Aweena wrote:looks more like a circle than a chain saturo
kind of like how the chain of screaming is actually a circle.

(wonders if anyone will get the reference.)
HIMYM!
Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

Mockingbird wrote:
lovcat wrote:
Aweena wrote:looks more like a circle than a chain saturo
kind of like how the chain of screaming is actually a circle.

(wonders if anyone will get the reference.)
HIMYM!
My friend loves that show, if I understand your acronym.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

What about those peeps who make their dogs vegies cos they can't stand meat? I know dogs can live like that but i know cats can't or something :S
Redith
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: several

Unread post by Redith »

cowmuflage wrote:What about those peeps who make their dogs vegies cos they can't stand meat? I know dogs can live like that but i know cats can't or something :S
I prefered the PETA guy who tried to prove that animals can be turned vegitarian so he caught a mountain lion and tried to feed it only vegies and tofu. It got out of its cage and ate him.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

Wow did some really try that? Man thats a darwin awward right there
Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

WIN! xD
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

I've heard of them feeding predatory animals just vegetables and claiming it to be useful (even tough the animals they fed that way all became very sickly and weak), but never of anyone being eaten by the vegetarian animal! xD

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Knowlton
Realm: Farstriders

Unread post by Knowlton »

Haven't heard about the Mountain Lion guy, only of the idiot who I guess, thought nature was something from a Disney film and decided to live with the bears, which worked out until one of the bears got hungry and ate him.
Jolyroger
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Draenor, Atiesh (Classic)

Unread post by Jolyroger »

Interesting question... Do vegan mothers breastfeed their children?
Jolyroger: Worgen Hunter (Draenor)
Dirus: Night Elf Hunter (Atiesh/Classic)
Shaylis: Night Elf Hunter (Atiesh/Classic)
Darkharvest
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Runetotem, Nesingwary

Unread post by Darkharvest »

A shirt I own. I think that says it all. :)
Attachments
IMG_0499.JPG
IMG_0499.JPG (76.32 KiB) Viewed 934 times
"Don't take life to seriously, you'll never get out alive."

"He's a Theodore Roosevelt, speak softly and carry a loud obnoxious wasp." BRK
Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

I. Need. That. Shirt.

This is all.
Redith
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Redith »

Jolyroger wrote:Interesting question... Do vegan mothers breastfeed their children?
Turns out yes they do. They say its unatural to consume the product of another animal. Human mother feeding human baby isnt another animal. Another interesting thing is vegans say humans are the nly animals to consume another species milk. wrong.
There are documented cases of a dog feeding kittens, a cat feeding a fawn, a foal raised by a goat. And the weirdest one of all a leopard who kills a baboon for food, but the baboon had a young. Instead of killing it, she raises it.
Kryte
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by Kryte »

Redith wrote:
Jolyroger wrote:Interesting question... Do vegan mothers breastfeed their children?
Turns out yes they do. They say its unatural to consume the product of another animal. Human mother feeding human baby isnt another animal. Another interesting thing is vegans say humans are the nly animals to consume another species milk. wrong.
There are documented cases of a dog feeding kittens, a cat feeding a fawn, a foal raised by a goat. And the weirdest one of all a leopard who kills a baboon for food, but the baboon had a young. Instead of killing it, she raises it.
The sane rationale behind veganism and vegetarianism has nothing to do with the consumption of meat and animal by-products being "unnatural". People choose to give up eating meat for a variety reasons, including one's own health, ethical considerations, and concern for the environment.

Human beings are naturally omnivores, meaning they're designed to consume both meat and plants, though many of the people living in developed countries eat way more meat than they need to. After all, meat tastes good, and is readily available.

However, because we are human, we're also able to move beyond what is "natural" in order to pursue worthwhile endeavors. Human beings are intelligent, powerful creatures capable of empathy and compassion. We are capable of morality, and of mercy. An animal may be less intelligent than a human, but that does not make it inferior, and does not mean that it is not capable of feeling fear and pain. And, animals obviously can't give their consent to be used as milk machines or to be turned into cheeseburgers. This is where some of the ethical considerations for veganism come in, even though the animal isn't necessarily killed in order to produce. A human mother, however, is perfectly capable of giving consent to feed her own child.

A lot of awful stuff happens to animals in the wild, that's true. But humans are in a position to minimize the suffering of an animal that's brought up for consumption, or avoid consumption altogether. Although the actual BUTCHERY of an animal tends to quick and relatively painless, the lives that most live up til that point tends to be pretty horrific.

And then there are the environmental considerations. It takes a lot of land and lot of produce to feed and raise animals. Animals are more or less mass-produced, in quantities that aren't really sustainable.

I don't really expect anyone to up and drop eating meat, but I am disgusted to see how disparaging people can be towards vegetarianism. I eat meat myself, but there are good arguments for that lifestyle (though it's not really something that should be applied to kids or pets).
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

But there are just as many good arguments agasnt that lifestyle too. One of the man problems is the fact that vegan parents do tend to make there kids eat what they eat just cos they can't stand cooking meat. Thats not good.
Kryte
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by Kryte »

cowmuflage wrote:But there are just as many good arguments agasnt that lifestyle too. One of the man problems is the fact that vegan parents do tend to make there kids eat what they eat just cos they can't stand cooking meat. Thats not good.
Right, there are decent arguments against. But that doesn't mean the other side should be demonized.

And, yes, there are instances, several very well publicized, of vegans trying to raise their kids without feeding them meat, to their horrible, horrible detriment. But this kind of ignorance and (diet-related) child harm isn't uniquely vegan, either.
Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

I think if done properly, being vegetarian is okay. For example, my mom eats only chicken, so we usually only eat chicken as well. However, we still eat red meat when, for example, we go out to eat. She doesn't force us then.

If you don't force others to be like you, then it's fine. It's only when you make them choose your lifestyle it gets a bit screwy.
Redith
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Redith »

Azunara wrote: If you don't force others to be like you, then it's fine. It's only when you make them choose your lifestyle it gets a bit screwy.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This. Exactally
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

Don't forget it's screwy when you yell at people for being evil for doing what you don't like. Like the guys who have protested outside my uncle house just cos his job is to shoot possums and rabbits XD wtf.
Jolyroger
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Draenor, Atiesh (Classic)

Unread post by Jolyroger »

Personally I have no problem with vegans or vegetarians. As long as they do not interfere with me getting a nice steak or milk and cookies. But I do have a problem with those who say bad things about me because I choose to eat meat.

PETA started off as a good organization with good goals, but there are too many idiot persons out there who have distorted and twisted the ideals to become eco-terrorists in the way they do things. Same goes for Greenpeace.
Jolyroger: Worgen Hunter (Draenor)
Dirus: Night Elf Hunter (Atiesh/Classic)
Shaylis: Night Elf Hunter (Atiesh/Classic)