Official Cataclysm Release Date - December 7

Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Official Cataclysm Release Date - December 7

Unread post by Vephriel »

We don't have to speculate anymore, Blizzard has issued a press release setting Dec. 7, 2010, as the official release date for Cataclysm.

8 weeks away! :D

• Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. today announced that World of Warcraft(R): Cataclysm(TM), the highly anticipated third expansion for the world's most popular subscription-based massively multiplayer online role-playing game*, will be released starting on December 7, 2010. The expansion will be available on DVD-ROM for Windows(R) XP/Windows Vista(R)/Windows(R) 7 and Macintosh(R) at a suggested retail price of $39.99 and will also be offered as a digital download from the Blizzard Store. A special Collector's Edition packed with bonus items will be available exclusively in retail stores for a suggested retail price of $79.99.

"Cataclysm includes the best content we've ever created for World of Warcraft. It's not just an expansion, but a re-creation of much of the original Azeroth, complete with epic new high-level adventures for current players and a redesigned leveling experience for those just starting out," said Mike Morhaime, CEO and cofounder of Blizzard Entertainment. "With the help of our beta testers, we're putting on the final polish, and we look forward to welcoming gamers around the world to enjoy it in just a couple of months."

The first two World of Warcraft expansions, The Burning Crusade(R) and Wrath of the Lich King(R), each shattered PC game sales records upon their release.* In Cataclysm, the face of Azeroth will be forever altered by the return of the corrupted Dragon Aspect Deathwing. Players will explore once-familiar areas of the world that have now been reshaped by the devastation and filled with new adventures. In an effort to survive the planet-shattering cataclysm, two new playable races - worgen and goblins - will join the struggle between the Alliance and the Horde. As players journey to the new level cap of 85, they'll discover newly revealed locations, acquire new levels of power, and come face to face with Deathwing in a battle to determine the fate of the world.

The beta test for World of Warcraft: Cataclysm is currently underway. Visit the official Battle.net(R) website at http://www.battle.net to set up a Battle.net account and sign up for a chance to participate. To learn more about World of Warcraft: Cataclysm, visit http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/cataclysm.
Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Re: Official Cataclysm Release Date - December 7

Unread post by Rhyela »

All I can say is, :headbang:!

Looks like it's time to go reserve my copies!!! Woooot!

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Sarayana
Realm: Ysera-US, Nesingwary-US

Unread post by Sarayana »

Woooo! :D /antsy

Much gratitude to Spiritbinder for the signature and Vephriel for the avatar! <3

Adam-Savage
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Anvilmar

Unread post by Adam-Savage »

I guess Boubouille made a darn good guess!
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Awesome. Glad to see it finally having a blue post.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

kamoodle5
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by kamoodle5 »

All right. Good thing to know when it will come.
Trinia
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Greymane US & Aman'thul US

Unread post by Trinia »

Hurray! I'll have enough time to only be slightly distracted by the existence of Cata before I can get my copy a little over a week later. :D (Digital download isn't the same, and I really wouldn't need the distraction as a Senior.) Gives me time to stay out of the zone-rush too. <3

Good luck to you guys getting it Day 1. c:

Florelline - Level 90 NE Guardian/Feral Druid - Greymane
Thiania - Level 90 Draenei Shadow/Holy Priest - Greymane
Trinia - Level 86 NE BM/Surv Hunter - Aman'thul
Walnut the Tyrant Devilsaur
Pearl the Ghostsaber
Itzal the Fel Windserpent
Melo the Albino Bat
Tikiniro the Warp Stalker

Coldfire989
Realm: Carine

Unread post by Coldfire989 »

AdamSavage wrote:I guess Boubouille made a darn good guess!

LOL yea his inside source told him a good guess for sure.
Beastmaster....yea there's a Pet for that!