Why the low level cap?

Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Chugs
Realm: Cataclysm Beta - Lost Isles

Re: Why the low level cap?

Unread post by Chugs »

They have said in the past that 100 was their end goal. So I'd guess it's looking like they're going to do 5 levels per exp pack now to milk it some more.
Chugs, <Beta Max>, Level 85 Goblin, BM Hunter, Lost Isles, Cataclysm F&F Alpha & Beta.
Elvirra
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Exodar

Unread post by Elvirra »

SgtMakkie wrote:I might be wrong but I think it's

80->81 : 1.6 mil
81->82 : 1.7 mil
82->83 : 6.2 mil
rest not sure
ONLY 6.2 mil?! Pfft! Thats a cake walk! /end sarcasm

I used to play Aion,you know,the WoW killer? The game that would defeat the 900lb. gorilla? And to get from 49-50 in that game,required 100 million experience points. Yes. 100 million. Just to get to 50. This is why Aion is failing. Forget all that crap about grinding,this is just stupid on so many levels. Yes,the game is pretty,but 100mil to 50?! Seriously?!!? No thank you.

And you all know there will be someone on your server who will hit 85 a day and a half after Cata launches..lol..thats just the way it is...lol! But I plan on taking my time,exploring Azeroth again and having fun...which is what I hope your all planning to do.

Kitairra
Anyia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Jubei'Thos (US/Oceania)

Unread post by Anyia »

Elvirra wrote:But I plan on taking my time,exploring Azeroth again and having fun...which is what I hope your all planning to do.
That's what the second toon is for, right? Right? After you've got the raids on farm on your main?
Adam-Savage
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Anvilmar

Unread post by Adam-Savage »

SgtMakkie wrote:Maybe cause 82->83 is like 6mil xp ?
80-82 is nice and then you hit 82. You feel like you hit a brick wall. The quest are not as bunched up in a small area like woltlk had so it can be a pain.
Bellatryx
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary

Unread post by Bellatryx »

Elvirra wrote: And you all know there will be someone on your server who will hit 85 a day and a half after Cata launches..lol..thats just the way it is...lol!
..Truth.
I feel a little sad because on both my toons in rotation, I'm a healer and I could prolly get random dungeons faster than all the hunters. I guess I should share the wealth when the game comes out and have some guildies come along =}

Gundo
Realm: Chromaggus

Unread post by Gundo »

Hi all from what I understood the 5 lvl up with cata is because of a few reason..

1 is pure share holder issues... by releasing expansions you boost sells which reflects nicely with the shareholders.

2 They noted that they want to have expansions more frequent so players will not become bored and leave wow until the next expansion. which makes the shareholders very happy....

3 finally have stated that wow will only go to lvl 100 the sooner they get there with 10 lvl expansions the quicker the game "dies" and thus making the shareholders very unhappy :(

MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY is the simple reason for the 5 lvl exspansion..:)
My main is a Undead warrior but I adore my hunter, Gundo. Hunter love Fo reeels! I currently have 5 80's 4 of which are doing ICC 25 reg and heroics.
Bellatryx
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary

Unread post by Bellatryx »

Gundo wrote:Hi all from what I understood the 5 lvl up with cata is because of a few reason..

1 is pure share holder issues... by releasing expansions you boost sells which reflects nicely with the shareholders.

2 They noted that they want to have expansions more frequent so players will not become bored and leave wow until the next expansion. which makes the shareholders very happy....

3 finally have stated that wow will only go to lvl 100 the sooner they get there with 10 lvl expansions the quicker the game "dies" and thus making the shareholders very unhappy :(

MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY is the simple reason for the 5 lvl exspansion..:)
Level cap aside, I think they'll be able to spice it up in the future even when we're lv 100 with new raids and new classes, perhaps even new races.

Gundo
Realm: Chromaggus

Unread post by Gundo »

lovcat wrote:

Level cap aside, I think they'll be able to spice it up in the future even when we're lv 100 with new raids and new classes, perhaps even new races.

Soon as people realise 100 is it they will move to the next best thing... Look at past MORPGS and you'll see what I mean. Also one thing I forgot to mention is they prob are stalling. They want to come out with a WoW movie and this is a great way to get more time for funding and production.

again 2 cents
My main is a Undead warrior but I adore my hunter, Gundo. Hunter love Fo reeels! I currently have 5 80's 4 of which are doing ICC 25 reg and heroics.