Virtual tour of the new Orgrimmar

Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Grigg
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Virtual tour of the new Orgrimmar

Unread post by Grigg »

For those that are curious, I have put together a little breakdown of how the newly rebuilt Orgrimmar is laid out with some points of interest.

You'll notice that there are a lot more inns banks and auction houses scattered throughout the city. There's one for every major area with the exception of the Valley of Spirits. No auction house there. Garrosh is really showing that Troll love.

As stated by some reports, Trolls were going to be kicked from Orgrimmar by our pal Garrosh. Fortunately this is not entirely true. The Trolls still occupy the Valley of Spirits, but Unless I missed one that is the only place you'll see a Troll NPC in the new Orgrimmar.

(As seen looking north from the Goblin Slums.)

The Valley of Wisdom is the new squatting area for the Tauren. They have even brought along their own architecture for the area.

(As seen entering from The Drag.)

And we can't forget about the Goblins. They are now camped out just south of the Valley of Spirits in the lovely and apply named Goblin Slums.

(As seen looking south from the Valley of Spirits.)

The Valley of Honor hasn't changed much and retains most of its uses.

(As seen entering from The Drag.)

The Cleft of Shadow hasn't really changed at all. There is an additional portal to Blasted Lands down there now though.

And a few more shots to show some other important spots:

First is the view as seen upon entering the main gate. The big building in the middle is Garrosh's new playhouse.

And a shot of The Drag which isn't as much of a drag as it used to be. It has more lighting now and visually looks more like the rest of Orgrimmar instead of the back alley that it is now.

(As seen entering from the Valley of Strength.)

This is the main portal hub north of The Drag. They aren't all active yet, but based on the imaging I would assume that (starting at the top and going clockwise) they go to Uldum, Vashj'ir, Deepholm, Mt. Hyjal, and Twilight Highlands. The one in the backgroung goes to Tol Barad.

And finally, the zeppelin towers have been moved into the city and are pirched right on top of the central plateau.

Saturo

Re: Virtual tour of the new Orgrimmar

Unread post by Saturo »

Neat! Thanks for posting this, I love the new Orgrimmar. Just a quick question tough; How is the Undercity? I heard they were leaving it mostly as it is, 'cept opening the roof for flying mounts. Is the rest of the city the same?

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Grigg
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Grigg »

I've heard that too, but as of right now there haven't been any changed to Undercity. At least nothing significant.
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I gotta admit, I love the Northrend Orc architecture so new Org looks pretty badass. Excited to see the Northrend Forsaken architecture in Tirisfal as well.
Grigg
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Grigg »

Behold the new Brill:

Kayb
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Kayb »

I kinda wish they'd given this style to Deathknell as well, but oh wells.

Org looks great, it will be strange to see the all the buildings torn out of the Valley of Wisdom, let alone relearning the city in general

can't wait :D
Check out some arty stuff?
http://admiral-lilwall.deviantart.com/

'Words do not win wars. That is a tragedy.'

http://lilwall.net
Adam-Savage
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Anvilmar

Unread post by Adam-Savage »

Grigg what are you using to take such good screenshots ? Anytime I take a screenshot they look terrible compared to what they looked like before I took the shot.
Anyia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Jubei'Thos (US/Oceania)

Unread post by Anyia »

Thanks for posting that - the annotated map especially!
Sarayana
Realm: Ysera-US, Nesingwary-US

Unread post by Sarayana »

Ohh very nice! For some reason, I'm extremely pleased to see that Garrosh won't be sitting in Thrall's chair in the Valley of Wisdom...

Much gratitude to Spiritbinder for the signature and Vephriel for the avatar! <3

Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Sarayana wrote:Ohh very nice! For some reason, I'm extremely pleased to see that Garrosh won't be sitting in Thrall's chair in the Valley of Wisdom...
Putting Garrosh anywhere near the Valley of Wisdom would be like dividing with zero. It would make the universe implode due to the sheer impossibility of it.

"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Grigg
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Grigg »

AdamSavage wrote:Grigg what are you using to take such good screenshots ? Anytime I take a screenshot they look terrible compared to what they looked like before I took the shot.
I use the print screen button... ;) I also run the game on maximum quality and resolution (1920 x 1080) so that helps. I reduced the images' size by 50% before posting them though.
Bellatryx
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary

Unread post by Bellatryx »

Brill looks like its Halloween every day of the year.

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I love the new Brill SO much. I'll definitely be spending all my time between there and UC. :D
Adam-Savage
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Anvilmar

Unread post by Adam-Savage »

Grigg wrote:
AdamSavage wrote:Grigg what are you using to take such good screenshots ? Anytime I take a screenshot they look terrible compared to what they looked like before I took the shot.
I use the print screen button... ;) I also run the game on maximum quality and resolution (1920 x 1080) so that helps. I reduced the images' size by 50% before posting them though.
I use printscreen as well but myscreenshots never come out that good. Same resolution to.
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

AdamSavage wrote:
Grigg wrote:
I use printscreen as well but myscreenshots never come out that good. Same resolution to.
He also said that he shrinks them down 50%. That goes further than you think in helping, Adam.

Murloc Chow
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: US:The Scryers, EU: Steamwheedle Cartel

Unread post by Murloc Chow »

Putting the Zep towers insider the city makes so much more strategic sense than leaving them outside where they'd be the first to fall should the Alliance put any effort into an attack. The Undead should follow suit, either move theirs to Brill, or into Lordaeron itself, especially now that we know there is so much space back there.

Artist: Murloc Chow, Medium: msPaint