Steelseries announces Cataclysm MMO gaming mouse

Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Adam-Savage
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Anvilmar

Steelseries announces Cataclysm MMO gaming mouse

Unread post by Adam-Savage »

This does look better the current wow mouse they have out right now.
Because it's always good to have options, not long after the last week's announcements of special and epic edition mice, Steelseries reveals its own entry into the MMO gaming mouse arena with the World of Warcraft: Cataclysm MMO gaming mouse. The product name is a mouthful, but it has equally hefty features, which are nearly identical to the original Steelseries World of Warcraft gaming mouse. It has 14 buttons -- one less than the original -- that can be configured in game without the use of any addons, 16 million colors and four levels of intensity and pulsation, support for up to 10 profiles that are linked directly to the armory, and it appears to sport a better, more ergonomic form factor and surface texture than its predecessor.

The World of Warcraft: Cataclysm MMO gaming mouse is compatible with both Windows PCs and Macs, with software that supports drag-and-drop functionality that can be used to program the mouse buttons with 130 preset game commands. The 10 profiles stored in the mouse's on-board memory can be configured with their own macros and commands as well as personalized illumination schemes. There's no estimated ship date or pricing yet, but players interested in an official Cataclysm-themed mouse developed in conjunction with Blizzard can sign up to be notified over at the Steelseries website.

Source

http://steelseries.com/products/games/w ... ming-mouse
Anyia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Jubei'Thos (US/Oceania)

Re: Steelseries announces Cataclysm MMO gaming mouse

Unread post by Anyia »

Hmm, looks like an alternative for my Razer Naga that I got recently. I had expected to need a lot more buttons on the mouse after 4.0.1, but somehow I've ended up managing to consolidate just about everything to the scroll wheel.
Suicune
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Azuremyst/Staghelm

Unread post by Suicune »

I have the original, the buttons are perfectly mapped on it, even for skinny little twig fingers like mine. I dislike the fact that the new mouse has one less button, and the layout looks less than optimal, but I would have to use it to see for myself. It looks almost the same as mine, except for the 'rivets' and the more bronzed color finish. I love my original one, and planned to get another for a backup in case it broke, since I would be lost without it :(

Might get one of the new versions just to play with it, if I found it priced well on Ebay. Otherwise I would stick to my first gen WoW mouse :)
~Queen of the Spirit Beasts~

Follow me on Twitter @GoddessSuicune

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/a ... e/advanced <-Main.

http://goddess-suicune.deviantart.com/ <-Rarely updated, too busy playing WoW. :lol:

The Dark Swarm is always looking for new faces! Stop by our Guild website: http://www.thedarkswarm.gamerlaunch.com (Azuremyst/Staghelm)
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

That thing looks too big for me to use properly! :D

Otherwise, hmm, maybe... It would take a lot to replace my Razer, especially as this seems to be far too expensive for me to acquire in the foreseeable future. :/

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Hmm. I've seen the first Steelseries mouse and I found it to feel very....cheap, or flimsy. It was rather disappointing. I love the idea of this, but the original wasn't comfortable nor seemingly worthy of its cost, so I don't think I'd try this one.
Tyuriwen
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Terenas (EU)

Unread post by Tyuriwen »

Anyone know if the fire effect glows/flickers/pulsates while being used? That would be the icing on this mechanical beast of a cake to me. <3 Shame about the price though, on a student budget this is definately going to be on the Christmas list. :P

Walk softly, and carry a big gun.

{My Pets|My Mounts}

Adam-Savage
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Vephriel wrote:Hmm. I've seen the first Steelseries mouse and I found it to feel very....cheap, or flimsy. It was rather disappointing. I love the idea of this, but the original wasn't comfortable nor seemingly worthy of its cost, so I don't think I'd try this one.
The new one looks more like the Logitech mouse and it doesn't look as cheap as the first. However there only pictures so it's gonna be hard to tell. Bestbuy or future shop should get the new mouse as they carry Steelseries stuff.

http://www.logitech.com/en-ca/mice-poin ... vices/7244
Bulletdance
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Vek'nilash

Unread post by Bulletdance »

I heard a rumor that the original could be hacked somehow so I've been cautious about buying these. Not sure if its true,but I'm not much of a risk taker :|
Adam-Savage
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Bulletdance wrote:I heard a rumor that the original could be hacked somehow so I've been cautious about buying these. Not sure if its true,but I'm not much of a risk taker :|
Well first they would need to get into your computer before they could get to the mouse. If they could only target the mouse then u would have alot more things to worry about then just the mouse. :D
Adam-Savage
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

So from what I've been reading on this mouse it's gonna be a pricey mouse..$99.00

http://www.ebgames.com/Catalog/ProductD ... t_id=84349

http://www.zdnet.com/blog/gadgetreviews ... ouse/18925
Tratzul
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Duskwood {US}

Unread post by Tratzul »

I've read reports about the current SteelSeries mouse that can end up being broken very fast. Like the mouse wheel, and it's buttons. Plus the price for the current one is a bit steep for me. <.< One price: $120.00 x.x

...I prefer my Naga (recently got it [Sept. 29?], so I'm still fiddling with it; getting used to moving my thumb a ton. xD) Didn't want to even touch it at first, but now I love it. :3
Image | {Waiting for Cata}