Taming the Beast

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Redhawke
Realm: Baelgun

Re: Taming the Beast

Unread post by Redhawke »

Gratz on the "Beast" OMG I am so jealous! Great strat, using your Pally friend, but what part did your Shaman BF play? Was his presence necessary? (Sigh) if I only had more stable slots...Hmmm. maybe I can let my white stealth devilsaur go for this cute little(?) puppy!

Aggro? Don't tell me I'M pulling aggro!
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

My boyfriend was mainly there for some totem buffs and for his bloodlust. :) I have no idea if they were a major contribution in the taming, but I'm sure they helped.
Zangor
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Lightbringer-US Nessingwary-US

Unread post by Zangor »

well grats on the tame sounds like a doozy
Golden
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Chamber of Aspects-A, Bloodhoof-H

Unread post by Golden »

Hmm, lately I've noticed a strange clicking sound when I have Beast out. Has anyone else experienced anything like that? Do all the lava skinned ones make the sound (I'm guessing Kurken doesn't, as the clicking appears to be part of the burning) or is it exclusive to the Beast?

Despite all the trouble I went through to get him, I'm now thinking of abandoning him because of this. :( It gets really annoying over time, I can't stand to keep him out for long periods of time anymore.
Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master
Realm: US Grizzly Hills, Deathwing, Wyrmrest Accord
Location: Wandering aimlessly under the effect of the Curse of Burgy BlackheaLET'S BUCKLE SOME SWASH!!

Unread post by Ryno »

Safrienaer wrote:Hmm, lately I've noticed a strange clicking sound when I have Beast out. Has anyone else experienced anything like that? Do all the lava skinned ones make the sound (I'm guessing Kurken doesn't, as the clicking appears to be part of the burning) or is it exclusive to the Beast?

Despite all the trouble I went through to get him, I'm now thinking of abandoning him because of this. :( It gets really annoying over time, I can't stand to keep him out for long periods of time anymore.
Hmm, I haven't noticed anything like that. Then again, I haven't played with a core hound for extended periods of time.

Golden
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Golden »

Ryno wrote:Hmm, I haven't noticed anything like that. Then again, I haven't played with a core hound for extended periods of time.
I didn't notice it either until I had been sitting in Dalaran Fishing for a while, but now it bugs me every time I take him out. >.< I would try with other Core Hounds if my stable wasn't full...
Vephriel

Hmm, I can't say I've noticed anything that sounds clicky, the only thing I hear from him is the roaring fireplace sound (which truthfully I kind of like...it's soothing somehow). I'll try to listen more closely when I have him out later today.

Also: have you levelled your Beast at all since taming? I can't help but be a little paranoid that if I try levelling him to 80 his ?? level status might glitch and revert to a regular number. ^^;
Darknez

Realm: Bloodhoof - EU, Hellscream - EU

Unread post by Darknez »

Good stuff...
Just a query - would the shaman's "Wrath of Air Totem" speed up taming?
I'm not sure of the Tame Beast ability is a "Ranged" skill or a "Spell"...
Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master
Location: Wandering aimlessly under the effect of the Curse of Burgy BlackheaLET'S BUCKLE SOME SWASH!!

Unread post by Ryno »

Darknez wrote:Good stuff...
Just a query - would the shaman's "Wrath of Air Totem" speed up taming?
I'm not sure of the Tame Beast ability is a "Ranged" skill or a "Spell"...
It's counted as a spell technically. It might help, we'd have to test it. Someone roll a shaman on Nesingwary -US!

Fizzle
Realm: EU Earthen Ring, Darkmoon Faire

Unread post by Fizzle »

Gratz on taming the Beast!

You're much more patient than me. I lost count of how many attemts I made at taming him. I tried to stack up a lot of haste to shorten my casting and I got really close a couple of times with only 1 second left for taming. But I never made it. That random charge drove me nuts. :x

I got really annoyed and just went and got a core hound from Molten Core instead. So much easier. ;)

"Such are the risks of the big game hunter. We toy with fate by delivering it. Yet each of us, at some point, will face fate's razor sharp teeth."
Hemet Nesingwary (The Green Hills of Stranglethorn)

Golden
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Golden »

Fizzle wrote:I got really annoyed and just went and got a core hound from Molten Core instead. So much easier. ;)
Could you please see if your hound makes a clicking sound (series of three clicks repeating every couple of seconds)? I was able to listen to a green one yesterday, but it didn't seem to make the noise. I'm starting to worry if it's exclusive to the Beast. T___T
Fizzle
Realm: EU Earthen Ring, Darkmoon Faire

Unread post by Fizzle »

Safrienaer wrote:
Fizzle wrote:I got really annoyed and just went and got a core hound from Molten Core instead. So much easier. ;)
Could you please see if your hound makes a clicking sound (series of three clicks repeating every couple of seconds)? I was able to listen to a green one yesterday, but it didn't seem to make the noise. I'm starting to worry if it's exclusive to the Beast. T___T
Yes, I think it does. I just turned the music down and the sound up. There are three clicks (two close together and one a bit later - clickclick ... click ... clickclick ... click). I think it's part of the crackling fire sound. Though I never noticed before and find it barely noticeable when I have my sound settings at normal.

"Such are the risks of the big game hunter. We toy with fate by delivering it. Yet each of us, at some point, will face fate's razor sharp teeth."
Hemet Nesingwary (The Green Hills of Stranglethorn)

Nazzir

Unread post by Nazzir »

These tactics sound like the way to go..... if your hunter and his 'companions of the tame' are all 80. Would The Beast be attemtpable ( ...is that a word? ) for a 69? Even looking beyond any massive damage output this mob has, I'm curious as to whether a 69 would qualify to even begin taming it.

And on another tangent for taming this marvel of fantasy gaming - What of using the priest shield spell? My apologies that I cannot remember its name, but the priest can cast it on group members and I believe it renders you invulnerable for a duration. Could anyone take a stab at the validity of this possibility?

Cheers.
Doglover1335
Realm: The Sckryers

Unread post by Doglover1335 »

Gah! I know what you mean! >.<
Aspect of the Adected.
bloodysam
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Scryers!

Unread post by bloodysam »

i have had this is i was 75 this is the coolest pet ever (other then the first spirit Beast) because when people look at his level they are surpised that he is a skull even know they are level 80 :P. my story is right when i waz typing to tell the pally lets call it quits it was taming and i tamed him he was and has been my fav pet

Born a lonewolf...choosen to be with pets!
Thanks for the awwsome signature Pooksie!!
Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master

Unread post by Ryno »

bloodysam wrote:my story is right when i waz typing to tell the pally lets call it quits it was taming and i tamed him he was and has been my fav pet
Those moments when you achieve what you've been trying at, after you've given up, are the best.

bloodysam
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Scryers!

Unread post by bloodysam »

wat would go great with The Beast is the new companion Core Hound Pup heres daddy!

Born a lonewolf...choosen to be with pets!
Thanks for the awwsome signature Pooksie!!
Vephriel

bloodysam wrote:wat would go great with The Beast is the new companion Core Hound Pup heres daddy!
Way ahead of you on that on. ;) Hehe.
Attachments
corehound.jpg
Nazzir

Unread post by Nazzir »

Imagine a pic from the Petopia guild where all people in the shot happen to have the beast, as well as the core hound companion? 5 people, 5 beasts and 5 companion core hounds would make for an impressive screenie!

( Makes a note of the time in order to see how long before such a screenie is posted )

Nazzir.
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

I'll need one shot of the whole petopia guild, a picture of a core hound, a picture of a core hound companion, and a quick lesson in Photoshop!

CAUTION: Images may or may not be faked.

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.