Blue post on removing class specific quests (Rhok’delar too)

Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Blue post on removing class specific quests (Rhok’delar too)

Unread post by Kalliope »

Nethaera wrote:Azeroth is on the eve of a dramatic transformation, and as World of Warcraft changes, sometimes the old must go to make way for the new. Since the world elements that support them will be gone, many aging quests will exist only in the mists of the past.

In particular, there's been some confusion regarding lower-level class specific quests that can no longer be completed. Never fear: class mounts and abilities remain available via class trainers, even though the quests associated with them are no longer available. Also, there are several low and mid-level weapons, trinkets and robes that were once awarded via class specific quests which are no longer available and their associated quests have been removed.

We are looking forward to offering new quests, quest lines and rewards as players level through World of Warcraft: Cataclysm instead. For example, we plan a level 20 dungeon based quest which will offer weapon rewards appropriate to all classes. There will also be a similar level 50 dungeon quest which has a headpiece reward.

Finally, if your Blood Elf paladin missed out on the Blood Knight Tabard, then you should still be able to acquire one via a race specific version of the level 50 dungeon quest. Those of you hoping to pick up a Rhok’delar, Longbow of the Ancient Keepers might be happy to know that the issues which were preventing the completion of this quest should now be resolved. It’s a good idea to keep in mind that even though this item is related to a level 60 quest line, that only level 80 characters will be eligible to acquire the necessary materials from the Onyxia’s Lair encounter. The good news for level 60 characters is that Nefarian has finally decided to grow some Mature Black Dragon Sinew, so interested players can complete the quest by picking that item up from him in Blackwing Lair.
Source. Bolded a few highlights.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

SpacemaNxSPIFF
Realm: Malorne

Re: Blue post on removing class specific quests (Rhok’delar

Unread post by SpacemaNxSPIFF »

Hmm, I was wondering about that blood knight tabard. Planning to race change to a cow, but does anyone on beta know if the tabard stays when doing so? Haven't found a straight answer yet.
Tahlian
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Feathermoon

Unread post by Tahlian »

I rather doubt it would...that's a tabard for Blood Knights - in other words, blood elf paladins. Tauren paladins aren't Blood Knights....they're Sunwalkers. Why should they have that tabard?

Here there be dragons... http://dragcave.net/user/Tahlian

And here there be more dragons, too...http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=22415

Worba
Realm: Uther, Zangarmarsh, Shu'halo, Fenris, Quel'Thalas+
Location: In Sethekk Halls, bothering Anzu (90 runs and counting)

Unread post by Worba »

Kalliope wrote:
Nethaera wrote:Azeroth is on the eve of a dramatic transformation, and as World of Warcraft changes, sometimes the old must go to make way for the new. Since the world elements that support them will be gone, many aging quests will exist only in the mists of the past.

In particular, there's been some confusion regarding lower-level class specific quests that can no longer be completed. Never fear: class mounts and abilities remain available via class trainers, even though the quests associated with them are no longer available. Also, there are several low and mid-level weapons, trinkets and robes that were once awarded via class specific quests which are no longer available and their associated quests have been removed.

We are looking forward to offering new quests, quest lines and rewards as players level through World of Warcraft: Cataclysm instead. For example, we plan a level 20 dungeon based quest which will offer weapon rewards appropriate to all classes. There will also be a similar level 50 dungeon quest which has a headpiece reward.

Finally, if your Blood Elf paladin missed out on the Blood Knight Tabard, then you should still be able to acquire one via a race specific version of the level 50 dungeon quest. Those of you hoping to pick up a Rhok’delar, Longbow of the Ancient Keepers might be happy to know that the issues which were preventing the completion of this quest should now be resolved. It’s a good idea to keep in mind that even though this item is related to a level 60 quest line, that only level 80 characters will be eligible to acquire the necessary materials from the Onyxia’s Lair encounter. The good news for level 60 characters is that Nefarian has finally decided to grow some Mature Black Dragon Sinew, so interested players can complete the quest by picking that item up from him in Blackwing Lair.
Source. Bolded a few highlights.
Hrmm... can't tell exactly how much of a change is in store for 1-60 quests in cata - anyone on beta know? Are they more or less the same? What about areas that were disrupted by the earthquakes/floods? Has this already been covered in a previous post? I've been focused so intently on new pets I confess I haven't really thought much about this, just kind of assumed everything was getting a facelift...? :)
Cerah
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Alterac Mtns, Maelstrom, Nesingwary, Silver Hand

Unread post by Cerah »

I have all the quest items for my warlock's Dreadsteed Quest sitting in the bank -- I was just waiting until she got to 80 to finish it and get the Feat of Strength ... looks like I'm s.o.l.

At least I have the FoS and talbard for my pally.

Visit Pop Seagull Publishing
Original Canadian Science Fiction, Fantasy and Horror
Sleep is Temporary. Reading is Forever!

Aelistrae
Realm: Mazrigos

Unread post by Aelistrae »

Worba wrote: Hrmm... can't tell exactly how much of a change is in store for 1-60 quests in cata - anyone on beta know? Are they more or less the same? What about areas that were disrupted by the earthquakes/floods? Has this already been covered in a previous post? I've been focused so intently on new pets I confess I haven't really thought much about this, just kind of assumed everything was getting a facelift...? :)
I am in the beta and I have levelled a character 1 to 30 on Alliance. I can tell you that almost all quests in the old world that I have seen, have been changed. Some of the quests still have the same or very similar objectives, but locations (and story context) have been mostly changed. Especially in the areas affected by the cataclysm. (which is the majority of the world).

If you ever thought of rerolling a level 1, Cata will be a great time to do it.

-- Aelistrae