Need help please for specs

Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
windsaber
Realm: malygos

Need help please for specs

Unread post by windsaber »

Hello,
I'm new to this forum and I need help to the following questions, hope this is ok

1)With the new patch can we raid with BM spec? i.e. do we put out enough dps
2) Does MM spec put out the best DPS?
3) Is mastery worth reforging for?
4) Is haste worth reforging for?

Thanks for the help, I was BM/MM spec before the patch and most of gear/gems... were ARP so I have to reforge tonight.
I would love to raid in BM spec but I need to know if we put out high dps in this spec?
Worba
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Uther, Zangarmarsh, Shu'halo, Fenris, Quel'Thalas+
Location: In Sethekk Halls, bothering Anzu (90 runs and counting)

Re: Need help please for specs

Unread post by Worba »

windsaber wrote:Hello,
I'm new to this forum and I need help to the following questions, hope this is ok

1)With the new patch can we raid with BM spec? i.e. do we put out enough dps
2) Does MM spec put out the best DPS?
3) Is mastery worth reforging for?
4) Is haste worth reforging for?

Thanks for the help, I was BM/MM spec before the patch and most of gear/gems... were ARP so I have to reforge tonight.
I would love to raid in BM spec but I need to know if we put out high dps in this spec?
BM is now a viable raid spec, from what I've heard.

I don't think a "top" has emerged from the new mix - everyone is still kind of testing and figuring out what works. I can tell you my best geared hunter, who has dual BM and MM, seems to do slightly more in MM, but it's not by enough of a margin to be very reliable.

Personally I reforge to mastery if I can get it; this isn't backed by any deep experience or testing but rather from the basic fact that 1) it's supposed to be very useful according to Blizz and 2) pre-cata, reforging is the only source of mastery, whereas obviously the same is not true for haste.
Fayos
Realm: Sylvanas EU

Re: Need help please for specs

Unread post by Fayos »

As far as my experience has gone so far after 4.0.1, BM is a viable raid spec. MM still cruises on top, followed by SV and then BM but the difference is not that big anymore. So thats 1 and 2 answered.

As far as 3 and 4 goes, if you are going to reforge, you reforge to mastery.