Random Pet Challenge: Stepping Out of the Box!

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Max
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Outland PvP

Re: Random Pet Challenge: Stepping Out of the Box!

Unread post by Max »

Bigtime, 47 BM Hunter (No Exotics yet :< )
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

Vitani
80 SV/BM

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Magnakilro
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Eonar

Unread post by Magnakilro »

Synnical tried the gorilla. She wound up not liking it. She would like another random pet XD

She's a lvl 80 Dual Spec BM/Surv

She has a cat, 2 wolves, a gorilla, a spider and a ravager
Avatar made by the awesome Senna-umbreon
Bellatryx
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary

Unread post by Bellatryx »

Azrae
lv.63 BM

Currently have a Crocolisk, Bear, Windserp, Cat and Wolf.
Last edited by Bellatryx on Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sochi
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary

Unread post by Sochi »

Sochi
Level 80
Beastmaster.

Ready to step out of the box
Aweena
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Unread post by Aweena »

Aweena Bm/mm lvl 80

If love is an illusion to hell with reality

Autumnshots
Realm: Uldaman

Unread post by Autumnshots »

ooooo this looks fun.

Autumshots, lvl 80 Surv/BM.

Currently has a Devil, a Cat, a Gorilla, 2 Spirit Beasts, a Silithid, a Core Hound and a Scorpid, but I am willing to pick up anything since the ones I have are rare/rarely used colors.

Edit: After reading threw most of the pages here I found the posts about doing it yourself. So after fiddling around with it a bit, I ended up getting the bronze scopid, Image, for my lvl 11+ Tauren Hunter and a Brown Cougar, Image, for my lvl 80 night elf huntress.

I'll tame both tonight and will probaly have a report posted for both later tonight or tomorrow night.
Last edited by Autumnshots on Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:37 am, edited 2 times in total.

Cerah
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Alterac Mtns, Maelstrom, Nesingwary, Silver Hand

Unread post by Cerah »

Random Pet Challenge Review #3: Toeph's Wonderful Wolf

My third hunter had a relatively easy assignment, especially since she already had her hearthstone set for the Sepchular -- tame a black worg-style wolf. Considering they're practically swarming the forest, it didn't take Toeph long to find one at all.

(playing around with pic resizing here -- 50% seems a little small)

Desided to name him Jet, both for his black fur, and after a minor character from Avatar: The Last Airbender, a freedom fighter who leads a bunch of kids against the Fire Nation. (the rest of my pet's namesakes can be found on TV Tropes' Avatar character sheet as well)

(75% -- much better)

Anyway, I thought a good way to field test the new wolfie would be to run him through a dungeon, so I queued up for the Deadmines, just to get it off the list. It's a little of a low level place for Toeph at level 20, but I did get some exp in there (leveled up), and Jet seemed to enjoy munching on pirates.

Finally, I thought I'd make an attempt at getting the candy buckets for the Eastern Kingdoms, which means getting to towns and flight points in areas that are quite a bit higher than level 20. With much corspe running involved (Wild Moonkins should not be allowed on roads!), Jet and Toeph managed to reach Reventusk Village! Jet seems to like Lard as well.

I think Toeph will be keeping her wolfie around for a while yet. He's pretty cool. Toeph's now ready for another Random Pet Challenge as well. :)
Attachments
WoWScrnShot_102610_003550_Jet Tame.jpg
WoWScrnShot_102610_003550_Jet Tame.jpg (65.68 KiB) Viewed 1288 times
WoWScrnShot_102610_004344_Toeph and Jet.jpg
WoWScrnShot_102610_004344_Toeph and Jet.jpg (62.6 KiB) Viewed 1288 times
WoWScrnShot_102610_011859_Toeph Deadmines run.jpg
WoWScrnShot_102610_011859_Toeph Deadmines run.jpg (119.36 KiB) Viewed 1288 times
WoWScrnShot_102610_015738_Reached Reventusk.jpg
WoWScrnShot_102610_015738_Reached Reventusk.jpg (137.24 KiB) Viewed 1288 times

Visit Pop Seagull Publishing
Original Canadian Science Fiction, Fantasy and Horror
Sleep is Temporary. Reading is Forever!

Kyria
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord & Nesingwary

Unread post by Kyria »

May I get in on this? I've done it for myself once or twice, but it's very hard to resist the temptation to switch skins if it's just me, and that's sort of defeating the purpose. XD I have no problem playing around with different skins of the same family.

Taizak (80 BM Troll Hunter)
Current stables: Orange leopard, orange hyena, pink tallstrider, black and green devilsaurs, all four spirit beasts, Aotona, red corehound, tan silithid.

Cailan (70 BM Draenei Hunter)
Current stables: Red lynx, black wolf, oil-stained worg, Nuramoc, Trachela, the Kurken.

Thanks to Vephriel for the beautiful signature! <3
Dragon Cave!

Sarayana
Realm: Ysera-US, Nesingwary-US

Unread post by Sarayana »

Slightly off topic, but "Jet and Toeph" just sounds like such an awesome couple. Like a movie couple or something. :D Your names go together so well.

Much gratitude to Spiritbinder for the signature and Vephriel for the avatar! <3

Cerah
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Alterac Mtns, Maelstrom, Nesingwary, Silver Hand

Unread post by Cerah »

Sarayana wrote:Slightly off topic, but "Jet and Toeph" just sounds like such an awesome couple. Like a movie couple or something. :D Your names go together so well.
If you saw the characters they're named after, you might not think so, but thanks :)

Visit Pop Seagull Publishing
Original Canadian Science Fiction, Fantasy and Horror
Sleep is Temporary. Reading is Forever!

Sarayana
Realm: Ysera-US, Nesingwary-US

Unread post by Sarayana »

Cerah wrote:
Sarayana wrote:Slightly off topic, but "Jet and Toeph" just sounds like such an awesome couple. Like a movie couple or something. :D Your names go together so well.
If you saw the characters they're named after, you might not think so, but thanks :)
Well yeah, but I was referring to the sound of the names together. ;) Besides, I think Toph is (not so) secretly a big cutie. And a softie. :D

Much gratitude to Spiritbinder for the signature and Vephriel for the avatar! <3

Kirrandria
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Kirrandria »

Now this certainly sound like fun :D I'd like to join in as well, on my 80 troll hunter, who is BM. I probably wont keep the pet, as I have a certain theme planned out for her, but -maybe-, depending on the skin and family.

My current stables, so I don't get any repeats.

Kamaria ( Cursed Offspring of harkoa, reviously a black panther from Stranglethorn )
Imamu ( Oil-Staiend Wolf, previously Snarler )
Gazini ( Dark purple AQ boss model wasp from Sholazar, previously a blue wasp from Zang )
Nthanda ( Crow carrion bird )
Nakato ( Black outland raptor, previously a black venomhide raptor )
Autumnshots

Okay heres my report on the Brown Cougar. I tamed this one with my lvl 80 Huntress,Autumnshots. I deiced to tame one of the Needles Cougar from Thousand Needles since that seemed to be the closest from Dalaran.

Autumnshots and Butterscotch:

Try tanking an 80 elite with your pet
:
After the tame we hearthed back to Dal where I spec'd and named my new pet. Then we decied to take down a few Pustulent Horrors since they were the closest. It wasn't too bad, she only died once and that was cause I spaced out during combat and didn't heal her lol. Had to watch my threat a lot, but that is to be expected since she was still three levels under me.

Level it a level or two:
I can't lol. Altho I do like cats more since the last patch, I just can't stand the skin of this one. I just think its poorly made and I keep getting the urge to scrub off her mane.

Do a heroic:
We did the Headless Horseman this morning, didn't go over too well. It was the first time I really tried to play my hunter since the patch and apparently when spec'd SV your not suppose to use Kill Command lol.

Do a battleground
:
We did EotS together, wasn't as bad as the HH run but still wasn't that good. Being level 77 meant she was the target for many horde and she died a lot.

Check the pet out in different lightings:
There isn't that much of a differnce, she's a dark brown in areas like Moonglade and a light honey brown in sunny places like SW.

Check out swimming and possibly levitate animations (if any):
I do like the cat swimming animations, for some odd reason it makes me laugh.

Get a screenshot of you and your oddly fitting or entirely mismatching pet!:

WoWScrnShot_102710_015602.jpg
WoWScrnShot_102710_015602.jpg (483.7 KiB) Viewed 1288 times
WoWScrnShot_102710_122333.jpg
WoWScrnShot_102710_122333.jpg (612.53 KiB) Viewed 1288 times
WoWScrnShot_102710_122901.jpg
WoWScrnShot_102710_122901.jpg (338.41 KiB) Viewed 1288 times
Last edited by Autumnshots on Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

http://theoatmeal.com/comics/printers

Owning Shriek the bat is an experience compared to owning a printer. See above to understand the hatred. A bit of language, but beyond that it's not bad. I <3 the Oatmeal.

Really though.

I hated its face. It was just creepy. His noises drove me absolutely BONKERS. I really don't like flying types (besides my dragonhawk on Tera.) so all in all, this just did not fit Fire. I honestly could not tolerate it more than a few minutes.

Fire, Level 80, BM/SV

(I'm working on Tera's! I swear!)
Autumnshots

So heres my report on the "Bronze Scorpid". I tamed one of the Venomtail Scorpids found outside of Org since this one was to be tamed on my level 12 hunter, Crayoneater.

Crayoneater and Yellowgreen:

Try tanking an 80 elite with your pet
:
Well being lvl 12 on an account that can't level past 60, getting to Northren wasn't going to happen, and since the only "elite" I know of is Hogger I decided that having my pet attack my husband's lvl 80 pally was just as good. After reminding the hubby to not kill the pet I sent Yellowgreen in. He did ok till the end when after I put him on passive my hubby used holy shock and killed him :lol:.

Level it a level or two:
I leveled him from lvl 9 to 12, wasn't bad at all, considering its only a few kills at this level.

Do a heroic:
Again being lvl 12 isn't helping me too much so again, I just attacked the hubby's pally. Same result as above but this time he purposely killed him with holy shock lol.

Do a battleground
:
Again too low, attacked hubby, pet died.

Check the pet out in different lightings:
I'm not sure where the Bronze Scorpid got his name, he looks more of a sickly yellow with a shine to me. but he is pretty in dark areas like RFC etc.

Check out swimming and possibly levitate animations (if any):
I didn't check out his swimming but his run/walking sounds bug the hell out of me. I don't notice it as much on my lvl 80 hunter but the clicking noise drove me nuts this morning.

Get a screenshot of you and your oddly fitting or entirely mismatching pet!:

All in all I liked the pet but I don't think I will be keeping him, will probably retame one later on in a different color perhaps.

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Autumn, may I ask what you use for your UI? I absolutely love it. ^_^

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Autumnshots

TygerDarkstorm wrote:Autumn, may I ask what you use for your UI? I absolutely love it. ^_^
Of course! Its a crazy cluttered mess in raids or bgs, but it allows me to get all the info I need when I need it so I like it :lol:.
  • The big black thing at the bottom is called SpartanUI it uses Bartender 4 and I have it rigg'd so that on the left side there are 3 bars instead of the pet bar in the smaller slot.

The light green/orange bars in the middle is called IceHUD, basically shows my health/focus/mana so I dont have too keep looking at the top.

The target/raid/player frames is from X-Perl.

I'm using Sexymap for the map in the center (which Spartanui puts there automatically.)

At the top is Titanpanel, just started using it yesterday and really like it so far.

I usually have SatrinaBuffFrames up as well but its been bugged and you can't right click buffs

Then I got Silverdragon, Recount, DBM, Omen, Bagon, Bankstack, Decursive, Scrapbook, ScrollingCombatText, lightheaded, Mage Nuggets etc. and 20 something other addons that I somehow need lol
You can find all this stuff on Curse, you might have to go to Wowinterface.com for one or two things. If you'd like I can upload an addon pack to curse later tonight and pm it to you.
WoWScrnShot_091710_122608.jpg
WoWScrnShot_091710_122608.jpg (444.03 KiB) Viewed 1288 times
A better pic of it while in combat. That was about a month ago before Fubar broke lol.

P.S: Sorry for derailing the topic! :D

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

No need to upload it as a pack. =P I use quite a few of the addons you mentioned as is. I think I'll "steal" bits and pieces of it and fit it to my style. Thanks for taking the time to tell me about it. ^_^

[/center]
Aweena
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Unread post by Aweena »

just a suggestion but maybe it would make it less hard to read over if the reviews where moved to their own topic and sticky just an idea and if the creator of the challenge wouldent mind making a updated list of who to get what in the first post of it for a easier overwiev

just a few ideas and wheres my challenge !

If love is an illusion to hell with reality