Arcturis woes

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Kikanu
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Shadowsong

Arcturis woes

Unread post by Kikanu »

Today, my friend dedicated his hunter, level 74, to taming Arcturis. I gave him all the info I knew about it, what addons to give him a heart attack when it spawns, etc. He's been in Grizzly Hills at the exact spawn location all day for roughly 12 hours. He's been keeping his headset on while watching TV, chatting in vent, and playing peggle with me. About half an hour ago, a rogue shows up, openly ADMITS he's here to kill the bear, and refuses to let my friend get the bear. Several other hunters show up, hear the story, and now we have a raid group of almost 13 people, all beast mastery hunters, circling the area. The rogue said he'd leave ONLY if we all payed 200g, and that's only until tomorrow. It's pretty bad that we can't do anything to stop him, and despite all the GM tickets we have up, it's almost obvious we won't win against him.

It sucks that, despite being able to tame giant molten monsters, ghostly demi-gods, and all manner of nearly invincible monsters, that a single person can ruin all the fun. I had fun camping out with my friend all day, and to stay at his side til he logs out is what I plan to do. I'm going to see to it that he gets Arcturis one day, rogue be damned. He's helped me out getting all of my rares, save for Arcturis, and I will help him no matter the cost here.

Excuse the rant, just felt this was the most appropriate forum to vent a bad story of a hunter who has little chance at victory.
WoW, where is my KAMEN RIDER BEETLE LARVA PET?
Anyia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Jubei'Thos (US/Oceania)

Re: Arcturis woes

Unread post by Anyia »

You could always try rolling a toon of the opposite faction and ask if there are any people around who want to repeatedly gank a rogue in Grizzly Hills... Good luck with Arcturis hunt, hope the rogue is "distracted" by the time Arcturis shows up!
Sasrei
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: US - Icecrown, Nesinwary

Unread post by Sasrei »

I am sure your friend will get the bear. Its good you have tickets up but I have a question, is the rogue in any kind of guild?
If he is you can always talk to his guildies about him, I know my guild leader would have a fit if someone from my guild did that.
As well you can always ask the oppossite faction to come and gank him.. if you were on a pvp server.. if your on a PVE youd have to provoke him. I am sorry that there are people out there like that.. and there actually seems to be quite a few actually which is sad.

Good luck to your friend ^.^ I am sure he'll get him.

thank you Ashaine and Kurenio!!!!

Novikova
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

Aw. I'm sorry. :( I hope your friend gets that bear. Hopefully you guys can get the tag first. Or have someone from the opposite faction gank the rogue. I know someone hired my Tauren to keep a griefer off them.

I wish you both lots of luck.
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

That really blows. But yes, do see if he's guilded. My guild leader too would have a fit if someone tarnished our name with such behavior.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Kikanu
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Shadowsong

Unread post by Kikanu »

He is part of a guild, but none of his guild mates are on. I've added his guild leader to my friend list so I can talk to him in the time I see him on. Thank you all for your concern and best wishes, I'm sure my friend would be happy to see so many people supporting him over something he thinks is silly :D
WoW, where is my KAMEN RIDER BEETLE LARVA PET?
Pent
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Pent - Mt. Hyjal - Alliance

Unread post by Pent »

He possibly might be the guild leader... which sucks.

What is weird is your server is not the only server experiencing this with Arcturis... there is an Alliance L.80 rogue on Area 52 (PvE) doing the same thing, but considering I have been there twice just to see if the rogue shows up (not to get Arcturis... I already have him) and I always see him in his Timbermaw costume playing possum... it's kinda weird.

I was there the other day when a fellow hunter whispered me about coming over to watch the rogue... when I landed the rogue jumped up, targeted me, and clearly stated /no to me... then laid back down... I ran to the nearest stable master to grab my Arcturis, flagged myself and was hoping he would go after my bear so we could gang up on him... Well... while I was away Arcturis spawned and the other hunter feared the bear, but it was too late... the rogue was on top of Arc and killed him... then stood around and danced.

I asked around and other hunters have been having problems with the same rogue doing the same thing for awhile now. I told them to put in a griefing ticket just to see what Blizzard's response was... considering it is a PvE realm and griefing used to be a huge no-no.

The rogue's name is something along the lines of Anklebiter, but he used one or two alt-letter-characters to get the name... and he is NOT in a guild. So if you want and you are on Area 52 (either faction)...goto Grizzly Hills to see if he is around and if he is put a griefing ticket in on him even if Arcturis hasn't spawned. Hopefully we can get a GM to talk to him and tell him to stop.

Thanks.
"Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." ~ Terry Pratchett

I need more hunters, IMO.

"A hobby should pass the time, not fill it." --Norman Bates "Psycho"
Kittykat
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Area 52

Unread post by Kittykat »

Oooh Pent, that rogue grinds my socks! He's the so-and-so who spent a whole afternoon a couple months ago making sure no one in TB had AH access. Yeah he's a REAL class act. And I did make a ticket to a GM about his griefing, it IS against the TOS to act like that. I think he got suspended, of course the GM couldn't say, but the overall "tone" of his reply to me made it clear that sort of thing is NOT ok in WOW. Since his antics in TB would risk a perma-ban I guess he decided to become a hunter-griefer. Glad my baby belf hunter got her glowbear before he moved in, but if I see him around Arcturis's spawn area I will def. report him.

Kikanu, you can look up his guild on the armory to see who is GL, and you can always send them in-game mail, and ask other witnesses to do the same. You can either explain it all in your mail (if you have room) or request that he talk with you at his earliest convenience regarding the actions of this guild member. The guild may be dead, and the GM might not play anymore though. I've experienced that far too many times. I hope your friend gets Arcturis soon!
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

He can get into a lot of trouble is many complain about him.

LisaaraPokefarm

Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

What a loser! I'd try to convince everyone who knows of that guy to report him as many times as necessary to get him the heck out of there. That's griefing by its very definition, he is definitely harassing your friend and there is no way he should be able to get away with that.

I wish your friend luck getting his Arcturis. Hopefully when that kid's mom comes home and makes him do some chores or something. :)

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Royi

Realm: Ysera

Unread post by Royi »

he reminds me of "he who has no life" or something... from the south park warcraft episode

What a tool. He's probably a complete loser in RL to have nothing better to do than to camp rare pets to kill? Probably lives in mother's basement too, frequently asking for more meatloaf
:) ~ Formally known as Royi ~
Gelannerai
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Baelgun

Unread post by Gelannerai »

And once again, the worst aspect of WoW players rears its socially stunted head. I'd seriously go ahead and report him. By the posts you guys have made this is a recurring (and pathetic) personality trait.
Yaone
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Lightbringer

Unread post by Yaone »

Well I hope that your friend gets him regardless of the *ahem* jerk doing that.

Want to know what a GM says after 2 kills by the same person?

The first part of the ticket is wiped out due to it being another matter all together. But what you see is what I had asked him in regards to it. Also found out later he killed another hunters tame with Loque. Paid char transfer? Not me thanks.

Again, I wish your friend good luck.
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Wow, that sounds like a MASSIVE cop-out. I'd ask another GM, in all honesty.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Wow....the GM i talked to said something totally different with my situation and he said that the person harassing me...the griefing was serious.

LisaaraPokefarm

Gelannerai
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Baelgun

Unread post by Gelannerai »

Yaone wrote:Well I hope that your friend gets him regardless of the *ahem* jerk doing that.

Want to know what a GM says after 2 kills by the same person?

The first part of the ticket is wiped out due to it being another matter all together. But what you see is what I had asked him in regards to it. Also found out later he killed another hunters tame with Loque. Paid char transfer? Not me thanks.

Again, I wish your friend good luck.
Wow, what a pathetic answer. Ask another GM, that first one is useless.
Sasrei
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: US - Icecrown, Nesinwary

Unread post by Sasrei »

For sure ask another GM, that GM is pretty.. useless. What the rogue is doing IS harrassement. And it should be punished, is he your same faction? If his guild is quiet I guess theres nothing you can do about that, but what you can is let everyone know that the rogue is doing that, you'd be surprised you may get some nice people willing to help and open a ticket for you.

And if he asked for money to leave thats diffenitae harrassment and he could get banned for that. So keep opening tickeets until you find a GM who is nice. He should be banned, and theres nothing I hate more then griefers. If I was on your server he'd have alot of answering to do :lol:

thank you Ashaine and Kurenio!!!!

Loethlin
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Defias Brotherhood EU

Unread post by Loethlin »

Oh, what a *BLEEP*.
I'm a very vindictive person, quite honestly, so I'd probably do all of the things suggested by all of you guys. Mail the GL. Ticket him. Hire an opposing faction guy to wipe the ground with him. Post on realm's boards. And also, troll /2/ about the rogue.
That kind of behaviour is quite possibly more aggavating to me than ninjaing.
*insert more ranting here*

I do hope your friend gets his Arcturis. It's such a beatutiful pet, and well worth all the troubles. Actually, after all of this, the satisfaction of getting him is all the bigger. :)
Unfortunately, as I found out after I tamed him, my first spirit beast, they are like Pokemons. Gotta catch 'em all.
Again, best of luck to your friend. I'm sure he'll get his shiny bear soon! :)