Im not happy with the new Pet stable Size for Cataclysm

Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Cozzene
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Re: Im not happy with the new Pet stable Size for Cataclysm

Unread post by Cozzene »

If I could only have 1 pet for the rest of all of WoW... It'd be my Gustiver. Long story short, but when I lost my pets during that glitch, I cried, irl cried, over him. Ignore that my spirit beasts were gone, my chimera was gone; I had lost my Gus.

Thanks for the noms! :hug: /shares biscuit with GusGus
wildstormz
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Shandris

Unread post by wildstormz »

For me i won,t even have enough space left got 1 spot left.... im worried blizz will add lots more and have let some nice good looking pets go which will break my heart :O.... but then again i can use 25 pet easily i would always switch pet each dungon means we using them :headbang:
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Hey Ariamodasu do i get one? I have the white tallstrider :D
Ariamodasu
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Hellscream (EU) | Terokkar (EU) | Bloodhoof (EU)

Unread post by Ariamodasu »

Defiantely :) And nice to see the common skins used as well. I've got a Mazz, Clutchmother and a White myself, one per alt though I'll likely yield for a purple on someone too.
My main's a Druid so I of course love critters. That counts for something right? Right?

-

Rest in Peace Yasindra/Ryai
Nimizar
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore - US

Unread post by Nimizar »

2 Bears (Grinand, Essentials)
2 Devilsaurs (Bandwagon, Sue)
1 Corehound (Mouse)
1 Chimera (Zaphod)
1 Tallstrider (Legs)
1 Gorilla (Grodd)
1 Wolf (Fenrir)
2 Cats (Iceheart, Arbez)
1 Worm (Ouroborous)
1 Boar (Ribs)
1 Ravager (Kosh)
1 Owl (Fizzgig)
1 Wind Serpent (Trogdor)

As yet unnamed: Scorpid, Hyena, Raptor, Silithid

So I still have 5 slots free, even with a few duplicates for nostalgic reasons and a few random tames while I was out retaming old pets.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

Vephriel wrote:I could go out and tame every creature in the game with no repercussions I feel as though they'd lose their soul.
I agree.. first when i started to plan the 25 pets i wanted as many pet families and as many different looks as possible.. now i go more with a feeling.. so the pets would have a meaning to me :D.. but i probally end up with 25 cause i love cats :) will see how my planned pet works on me.. so fare ive hated the wolf and the sporebat so they are out

My husband on the other hand always been a one man pet.... so fun.. 25 stable slot and he will only tame one pet :D

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Royi

Realm: Ysera

Unread post by Royi »

wildstormz, you should try going back to Vanilla where there was only 3 slots....

25 is more than enough...

it reminds me of a random saying "Give someone 10 bucks, they'll complain about wanting 10 more"
:) ~ Formally known as Royi ~
Jeydis
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Arathor / Arthas - US

Unread post by Jeydis »

I think 25 is more then enough, if you had more it would take forever to have all your pets catch up to your level. Also I agree that after a while they would lose their value.

Jeydis on Arathor-US
Click HERE to request a Signature or Avatar from me!
~~~~~~~~~
Flight Rising Lair

Dvatori
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord (A)

Unread post by Dvatori »

Give a mouse a cookie..... :P

Proud owner of Nyx; an Original Grimtotem Spirit Guide.
Avatar and Signature Wolf by the inimitable Ket Shi.
My Squiby Eggs!

Sasrei
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: US - Icecrown, Nesinwary

Unread post by Sasrei »

Well lets see.. Sas I have 4 stable slots left.. but I would release a few for specific pets I want, its more like shes my raider so she needed specific ones.

Saon on the other *glares* just had to go out and tame.. everything.
I have
Aotona (akemi)
King Krush (midori)
Arcturis (loke)
Gondria (Sarion)
Skoll (Iseoul)
Loquenak (Raito)
King mosh (Masahiro)
Dart (Takeo)
Takk (Mercedes)
King banglash (hawkbane)
Mazzranche (Sakura)
Jade owl (Jaiden)
Zul drak spider (pipnid)
Blue windserpent (Leviathon)
Kurken (shinji)
Bear (korii)
Ghost sabre (samantha)
The rake (Rhyno)
Blue crab (Tako)
white wolf (yukiko)
warpstalker (Gojira)
Grunter (Kazuya)
Worm (samurai)

And I have plans on taming.. atleast 7 come cata. Jadefang, Terrorbane, Sambras, Qirot, new spirit beast crab, Gezz, green tiger, so we will see what happens :lol:

thank you Ashaine and Kurenio!!!!

Cerah
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Alterac Mtns, Maelstrom, Nesingwary, Silver Hand

Unread post by Cerah »

I'm finding that 25 slots are more than enough. Even on Cerah, I haven't filled up half of them yet. Out of my taming spree, I've already let one go -- my Black War Wolf, since I just wasn't clicking with her. What makes me happiest is that I have my dear, sweet, common Barrens raptor back. I missed my Beauty! I let her go a couple weeks before Patch 4.0 in order to tame my Skoll, Reverie, but I had missed her ever since. I even considered letting a friggin' Spirit Beast go in order to get her back. 25 slots means I'll never have to let a pet go that I love ever again.

Besides, I have my 2 alt hunters as well. That's 75 slots total to try out pets. This game isn't Pokemon, I don't want to have pets just to keep them in the "pc box" and never let them see the light of day. If I have something, I want to use it.

Visit Pop Seagull Publishing
Original Canadian Science Fiction, Fantasy and Horror
Sleep is Temporary. Reading is Forever!

Makoes
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

I think 25 is a nice number, to many slots and...well, as was said before, pets would start to loose thier souls

I have my core pets, the ones I use most often, and that is all of...3
Red Hyena, Black warpchaser, ghost jormunger

Then I have my pets that I like but dont use as much
Loque, black devilsaur, oil wolf

Then I have for visuals
Blighthound, pitch, ghost saber

well thats 9/25...the rest will probably slowly get filled up with the new lion model, new celestial scorpion, Seagull, lava turtle, shale spider, 2 foxes, maybe a new croc model and the rest for anything else that might look interesting.

so, anything more then what we have now, I think would be to much...

Gotta catch'em all is for pokemon

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

wildstormz
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Shandris

Unread post by wildstormz »

Well well There so many new pets been added im going see ppl having 25 slot filled pretty fast now.... Since there Few Rares with different colours = more slot being used ... Then again i think would be awesome in next exp they can increase size again ..... Cataclysm Gonna be Big ..... Lots of New pets Since it hasn,t fully release (Everyone) thinks 25 is enough... you just wait and see you be crying out for more slots:D
Epicfail
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Uldum

Unread post by Epicfail »

I gotta say there are two camps here. One that wants to roll with just the pets they like/want as pets and the collectors. I personally fall into the collectors party as I could probably max out a 50 pet stable. I love collecting and using the right pet for the job. I wouldn't consider it "soul-less" probably because I've always considered pets as either asthetically pleasing tanks or another additional party/raid DoT first and THEN fallen in love with one as a boon companion.

I can deal with what I have. I will always want more, but I'm ok with that :P
I don't really feel like this is so much the "Post-Modern" era as much as its the "Pre-Zombie-Apocalpse" era. I consider myself more of a forward thinking guy and an era that just won't die is just as feasible as a coming era, where the dead come back.
Cryptography
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Dath'Remar, Cael, Moonguard, VeCo, Ness'ary (USA)

Unread post by Cryptography »

I'm in both camps here. 25 is too many to fall in love with each pet - so far I've barely started my taming spree on my most-played hunters and am already finding that I'm not swapping out as many as I could/should.

However I also have a bunch of alts that I want to do things that are limited with only 25 slots. The most basic example was an alt that catches every possible cat. Last time i counted there were about 25 different looks available, but there are many more that share the same skins.

Perhaps there could be the ability to buy an even more expanded stables for those of us looney enough to want it!
Sarayana
Realm: Ysera-US, Nesingwary-US

Unread post by Sarayana »

Cryptography wrote:I'm in both camps here. 25 is too many to fall in love with each pet - so far I've barely started my taming spree on my most-played hunters and am already finding that I'm not swapping out as many as I could/should.
It's not just that. By only having four active slots, we're limited by what we want to bring with us. Everyone has a favourite pet or two, and if you're like me and only do 5mans you have no way of knowing what pet will be "best"... Right now, I keep a slot open for impulse tames (of which I had two just last night), I have one level 80 dps pet with me (I can't choose so I agonise for several minutes before deciding which one to bring) and one lower level to level if it's an easy dungeon. On top of that, since I do dailies while I wait for the dungeon to pop, I keep one of my tenacity pets with me.

If I used all my 25 slots (prediction: I will in Cata) I'd be agonising even more about what pet to bring as my active pet. And there'd still be some that spent more time in the stables than others.

Much gratitude to Spiritbinder for the signature and Vephriel for the avatar! <3

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Well people worred about stable space can ya know get a alt XD
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Alts just aren't the same thing as a main. Different feel, different themes, different pets that click. That said, I have a ton of pets on alts who I could never have on my main....not that I can get every color pet I'd ever want due to what works for a particular character....as well as the occasional pet request. *grumps at Jambalaya* More like "pet demand"...

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

With some of the new tameables we're seeing lately, I have a feeling my remaining nine slots will be filled pretty fast come Cataclysm. I do have a few right now that I haven't really clicked with or never use, so I probably wouldn't have a hard time letting them go should I feel the need to. It's just that right now, I have no reason to, so they stay.

Ones I'm attached to:

- Apollyon (King Krush)
- Naphthali (Razzashi Broodwidow [red spider[)
- Shikon (Gondria)
- Sheldon (Ironback [gray turtle])
- Mortimer (Disembodied Jormungar)
- Piandao (Azzere the Skyblade [red wind serpent])
- Celeborn (Hayoc [white wind serpent]) - yes, I have two wind serpents and I love them both
- Twinblade (Vilewing Chimaera [green Outlands chimaera])
- Surge (Gorishi Reaver [yellow silithid])
- Rainey (Strider Clutchmother [teal tallstrider])
- Tama (Rak'shiri [teal mount-model cat])
- Skaza (Snarler [black coyote-model wolf])

Ones I have but am not yet attached to:

- Crusnik (Quillfang Ravager [dark green w/glowing eyes])
- Reaver (Bladespire Raptor [brown Outlands raptor])
- Aska (Skettis Kaliri [red/purple owl])
- Hambrabi (Rotting Agam'ar [black armored boar])

If I counted right, I still have nine slots left that will be filled by a monkey, maybe a demon hound or two, at least one beetle, probably some parrots, DUSKFANG (/hope /wish), among others. :lol:

Honestly I feel that twenty-five is just enough to force me to keep only pets that I really like, but without having to make really difficult decisions in order to do so. I thought at first that there was no way I'd fill all twenty-five slots, but I'm starting to see that I was very wrong. :D I'm still holding out hope for some other stuff but all in all, I think Blizz is doing a pretty darned good job in giving us some really cool stuff.

Oh, I almost forgot! I MUST get Terrorpene and that awesome Horde guild mount-model scorpid! Yes, these 25 slots are filling up FAST. :lol:

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Rhyela wrote:Honestly I feel that twenty-five is just enough to force me to keep only pets that I really like, but without having to make really difficult decisions in order to do so. I thought at first that there was no way I'd fill all twenty-five slots, but I'm starting to see that I was very wrong. :D I'm still holding out hope for some other stuff but all in all, I think Blizz is doing a pretty darned good job in giving us some really cool stuff.

Oh, I almost forgot! I MUST get Terrorpene and that awesome Horde guild mount-model scorpid! Yes, these 25 slots are filling up FAST. :lol:
Right there with you on that. :) Though I'm slightly panicking over all the new pets I have to own, I'm glad I'm forced to make a few decisions. As you said, it gives the pets more meaning when you have to choose your favourites. In that way I know the ones I choose to keep are truly special to me. If I had a huge number of additional slots I would just tame everything on a whim, and since I had the room I would have no reason not to, but they wouldn't be the same you know?