[13221] Taming AQ - new colossi, green wasp, orange beetle

Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Victorelle
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Kilrogg (US)

Re: [13221] Taming AQ - new colossus skins, green boss wasp

Unread post by Victorelle »

do all the bosses keep the boss name tag?
Tilo
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Stormrage, Cenarius, & Ysera-US

Unread post by Tilo »

This is upon release of Cataclysm right? Didn't they say that AQ is turning into a 5m instance, or will 20/40m still be there upon release?
♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪
Signature Kamoodle []
bluddy
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Alonsus

Unread post by bluddy »

*faints...don't wake me up going to have sweet dreams abnout princess huhuran.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

They are not changeing the AQ's so they are still going to be 20 man and 40 man. Well ok the ruins (20man) is being turned into a 10man but thats all thats changeing.
Skyshot
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Fizzcrank US

Unread post by Skyshot »

Yaaaay an orange brain bug! And the green wasp too? My favorite color finally becomes an option to tame.
Look out Huhu, here I come! :D

<My whelps - My Dragons>
"It's not denial. I'm just very selective about the reality I accept."
-Calvin and Hobbes

bluddy
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Alonsus

Unread post by bluddy »

i read in, the other thread specificly bout huhuran she kept the tag^^ huzzah!
Sasrei
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: US - Icecrown, Nesinwary

Unread post by Sasrei »

Ok I am saying it.. the princess.. will be mine! Haha even more so! Now.. I lvoe AQ even more then I had before, before it was just a neat dungeon.. now its a neat dungeon with tameable pets that are epic!

thank you Ashaine and Kurenio!!!!

ummeiko
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Illidan / Cho'gall / Blackhand

Unread post by ummeiko »

Out of curiosity, did you have help, or is skeram soloable now?

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

ummeiko wrote:Out of curiosity, did you have help, or is skeram soloable now?
I did mean to go into that but forgot. I soloed it. It's possible for an 85 hunter (in tier 10.5 gear) to solo as far as I did, but it's tricky at times and you'll probably die a couple of times through mistakes.

For Prophet Skeram, stay out of range! I used a tenacity pet (shale spider) and it didn't need healing once. Pop on your aspect of the wild for nature resistance and stand back. I jumped quickly into range now and then to renew serpent sting, and got the occasional arcane shot off while backing out. But it's otherwise essential that you stay out of range. If he gets a mind control on you, you'll severely hurt or kill your pet and it could be all over. When he creates mirrors, direct your pet onto them immediately and get them down. The mirrors also do a nasty AoE that hits you even out of range. What I did was immediately feign death, which seemed to stop the damage for a while. The damage starts again if you stop feigning or they do their teleport thing. While feigning, control your pet so it's taking them out. It's still a fairly long battle and if you're unlucky you may die once or twice, but you can get it done.

After that, you're in! Try to avoid the fast-moving pats of silithids in the corridors, when they die they spawn enormous numbers of other silithids that can become overwhelming. If it happens, get the main pats down quickly and then dismiss your pet and feign death. The spawns (which are green) will vanish after a minute or two. The bug bosses are at the bottom of the spiral staircase. The various groups of trash before them are easy. I found I could just tame the bug bosses, starting with Vem, while the others were still attacking me. If you have multiple hunters in the group that would all like those bugs, then just don't kill Princess Yauj. Run out and it'll reset with all three bugs again! Unless you have a better idea than me (which wouldn't be hard!) Princess Yauj is impossible to kill for a solo hunter anyway. She heals often, and often fears before she heals. Hunter interrupts don't affect her at all, so you need another class who can interrupt her.

For the rest of the trash and bosses all the way up to Princess Huhuran, I basically dismissed my pet, mounted up and made a run for it, and feigned death in a safe place periodically, mainly after each corridor or boss. The next boss (Battleguard Sartura) is possible to avoid, but she'll come after you once you aggro the trash in the corridor after her. The boss after her is a sandreaver named Fankriss. It will probably notice you as you pass by. Once you get through its room, you have to feign pretty soon, because it has an ability to pull you back into the room which it'll use if you get too far ahead. The boss after that is Huhuran!
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I should also note that the two sandreavers (Fankriss in AQ40 and Kurinnaxx in AQ20) aren't set as beasts or tameable. They don't really fit in a current family anyway, unless they were treated as really weird scorpids.
Falcon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Falcon »

@Wain: That... sounds like a lot of fun to get to Huhuran. @_@ I've never been in AQ myself, so I'm very thankful for all this info. Do you remember how much she hits for? Is she immune to CC effects (trap, sleep, etc)? I know it's still early to ask about this, but I want to be fully prepared when I'm finally ready to go after her.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Toph wrote:@Wain: That... sounds like a lot of fun to get to Huhuran. @_@ I've never been in AQ myself, so I'm very thankful for all this info. Do you remember how much she hits for? Is she immune to CC effects (trap, sleep, etc)? I know it's still early to ask about this, but I want to be fully prepared when I'm finally ready to go after her.
I don't remember how much she hits for, but it was an easy tame at 85. I didn't suffer any interrupts. I didn't try a freezing trap as most of the other things in there (trash included) seemed to be immune to them so by that point I didn't bother. I suspect she'd be immune as well.
Falcon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Falcon »

Wain wrote:
Toph wrote:@Wain: That... sounds like a lot of fun to get to Huhuran. @_@ I've never been in AQ myself, so I'm very thankful for all this info. Do you remember how much she hits for? Is she immune to CC effects (trap, sleep, etc)? I know it's still early to ask about this, but I want to be fully prepared when I'm finally ready to go after her.
I don't remember how much she hits for, but it was an easy tame at 85. I didn't suffer any interrupts. I didn't try a freezing trap as most of the other things in there (trash included) seemed to be immune to them so by that point I didn't bother. I suspect she'd be immune as well.
Wow, you're fast! Thanks for the info and that's good that she doesn't seem to have any interrupts. I'm going to go crazy waiting till 85, though, I've been wanting this wasp to be tamable for years.
Ikult
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary (horde); Moon Guard (alli)

Unread post by Ikult »

Moonlost wrote:Oh wow! :lol:
As always, nice work man!
I wonder if these guys will be flagged untamable in the future though. It seems... wrong somehow, having these once feared bosses as the pets and playthings of tiny little hunters.

Nonsense! Look at MC Corehounds! We used to dread pulling those things, unsure of what special ability we'd get stuck with... And now we can tame them and make them our lackeys! MUWAHAHAHAAAA!

As always, /praise Wain!
As a former AQ raider, I am VERY VERY VERY happy about these tameable skins!!! Especially the green wasp!!
Irie
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Irie »

http://oi54.tinypic.com/2ldfsrt.jpg

Yasssss!

Nabbed a Lord Kri while I was in town. Soloing Skeram was the tricky part.
Skyshot
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Fizzcrank US

Unread post by Skyshot »

So I have a quick question on the topic of AQ20/40 silithid bosses becoming tamable...
I'm sure it would have been mentioned by now if they were, but has anyone checked to see if Kurinnaxx (1st boss in AQ20) or Fankriss (3rd in AQ40) will make it to the "could become tamable" list?

Kurinnaxx (http://www.wowhead.com/npc=15348)
Fankriss the Unyielding (http://www.wowhead.com/npc=15510)

<My whelps - My Dragons>
"It's not denial. I'm just very selective about the reality I accept."
-Calvin and Hobbes

Irie
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Irie »

Neither are classed as beasts as of yet.
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Wain said earlier:
I should also note that the two sandreavers (Fankriss in AQ40 and Kurinnaxx in AQ20) aren't set as beasts or tameable. They don't really fit in a current family anyway, unless they were treated as really weird scorpids.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Skyshot wrote:So I have a quick question on the topic of AQ20/40 silithid bosses becoming tamable...
I'm sure it would have been mentioned by now if they were, but has anyone checked to see if Kurinnaxx (1st boss in AQ20) or Fankriss (3rd in AQ40) will make it to the "could become tamable" list?

I actually noted that above, but it could be easily missed. Neither sandreaver is classed as a beast, let alone tameable. So I don't think they're headed that way.
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Skyshot wrote:So I have a quick question on the topic of AQ20/40 silithid bosses becoming tamable...

Wain wrote:I should also note that the two sandreavers (Fankriss in AQ40 and Kurinnaxx in AQ20) aren't set as beasts or tameable. They don't really fit in a current family anyway, unless they were treated as really weird scorpids.
That's a few posts up on this page. :D

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!