The most beautiful dragon in the game...

A companion forum for Warcraft Mounts. Or just talk about WoW mounts.
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Epicfail
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Uldum

The most beautiful dragon in the game...

Unread post by Epicfail »

There's pretty much one mount that I wanted from the first time I saw it. Well ok, thats a lie, there's anzu (and with my luck, there always will be anzu.. ever eluding me..). But flying mount wise, the drakes were snazzy, the protos, while brutal looking, were swell. One drake I wanted more than any other. The twilight drake. But it only drops from 25man OS 3 drake and even 1 drake was a chore for our raiding guild at the time. I pretty much had written it off as one of those mounts I'd never have the chance at.

So Sunday, I see someone in trade chat needing more for their 25m OS 3drake zerg. I decide to help the guy out but I didn't have a lot of time. I've wanted a chance to get the title for some time. I happily join as my resto druid with... TOC/LK 5man gear. yeah. After 3 attempts, we finally get em down and I have to be somewhere VERY soon. Twilight drops on que and I'm about to log to head out as I'm late. I figure I haven't a chance in hell to see this drake, but wth, I'll toss out a /roll. I don't even get to see my roll because everyone is frantically rolling for this thing. Then... I see it.

(my druid) "Doomtalon rolled a 95.. he's highest... "

I heart sank. no. it can't be... I don't win nice things... Rolls kept coming in... nothing higher than a 95.

Then, pop. there it is. Nice and pretty just sitting in my inventory. I can't think. Suddenly remembering that I'm late now, I'm about to log and I get PELTED with tells: DUDE, I will pay you 10k for that. Firstly, only 10k? right... Secondly, noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo way :D.

So... I get to start cata with a "Twilight Vanquisher" title and a twilight drake. Add to that I got into a ICC pug and nothing but preist gear noone wanted dropped.. :P So now I'm decked out in dark robes... riding a twilight drake... with a twilight vanquisher title... Figuring I'll kinda blend into the scenery in a couple zones :D Be all like, wait DW, I'm on your side! Don't flame me bro! /dies in the fire.

I'll post a pic of the drake later.
I don't really feel like this is so much the "Post-Modern" era as much as its the "Pre-Zombie-Apocalpse" era. I consider myself more of a forward thinking guy and an era that just won't die is just as feasible as a coming era, where the dead come back.
bluddy
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Alonsus

Re: The most beautiful dragon in the game...

Unread post by bluddy »

ooomfg pretty drake! a very huge gratz for you ^^
Rhyela
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

Heh, that's awesome! Huge grats to you!!! Isn't it nice when Lady Luck finally decides to stop screwing us every once in a while? :P

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Sarayana
Realm: Ysera-US, Nesingwary-US

Unread post by Sarayana »

Wow! Congrats!! :D I can't wait to see the dark, dark picture.

Much gratitude to Spiritbinder for the signature and Vephriel for the avatar! <3

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Congrats! Oddly enough I was in a pug OS3D group last night. Very happy with the shiny new title, though naturally RNG didn't favor me quite enough to let me win the roll. ;)

It's a beautiful drake though, I really love the deep colours. ^^
Royi

Realm: Ysera

Unread post by Royi »

Epic you have any screenies? Congrats though!
:) ~ Formally known as Royi ~
Epicfail
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Thanks everyone :D

OK. Here we go. Pics incoming!

I has nice things now :D.
I don't really feel like this is so much the "Post-Modern" era as much as its the "Pre-Zombie-Apocalpse" era. I consider myself more of a forward thinking guy and an era that just won't die is just as feasible as a coming era, where the dead come back.
Sarayana

Ooooh. *-* I love the 5th pic with Dalaran in the background. :D

Much gratitude to Spiritbinder for the signature and Vephriel for the avatar! <3

kamoodle5
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by kamoodle5 »

Those wings are so beautiful.
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

I love that mount. Very VERY happy for you! :D

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

bluddy
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Alonsus

Unread post by bluddy »

*instant jealousy.
Nick
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Nick »

Epicfail wrote:Don't flame me bro!
In the words of one of the many incinerated gnomes fallen by the hand of Richard, Chief Warlock of the Brothers of Darkness, Lord of the Thirteen Hells, Master of the Bones, Emperor of the Black, Lord of the Undead, Lord of the Dance, Mistress of Magma, and mayor of a little village up the coast...

"Don't fwoosh me, bro!"

Grats on the drake and title, btw. Cx

Battlenet: Nick#115610
|| Tumblr || Flight Rising || Twitter ||

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

Gratz on your drake and title. ^_^

But um...with 4.0 out...cloth is a really bad thing to be wearing on a druid now--you lose a 5% int bonus, which is a pretty decent chunk of SP (as it's one of the only ways to get SP now). I've heard of plate wearers who dropped 264 leather items for lower ilvl plate items to meet the armor spec. bonuses.

Anywho, enjoy your title and your mount--it certainly is one of the prettiest drakes in game. :hug:

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Sarayana

TygerDarkstorm wrote:But um...with 4.0 out...cloth is a really bad thing to be wearing on a druid now--you lose a 5% int bonus, which is a pretty decent chunk of SP (as it's one of the only ways to get SP now). I've heard of plate wearers who dropped 264 leather items for lower ilvl plate items to meet the armor spec. bonuses.
I totally agree in general terms but... if the upgrade is = more than 5% increase in intellect, then it's certainly worth it. My hunter is wearing a pair of leather boots because the increase in agility was more than the 5%. They're first on my list to replace, but I think it was worth it.

Epicfail
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Harpier wrote:
Epicfail wrote:Don't flame me bro!
In the words of one of the many incinerated gnomes fallen by the hand of Richard, Chief Warlock of the Brothers of Darkness, Lord of the Thirteen Hells, Master of the Bones, Emperor of the Black, Lord of the Undead, Lord of the Dance, Mistress of Magma, and mayor of a little village up the coast...

"Don't fwoosh me, bro!"

Grats on the drake and title, btw. Cx

Richard = teh win. that is all.
I totally agree in general terms but... if the upgrade is = more than 5% increase in intellect, then it's certainly worth it. My hunter is wearing a pair of leather boots because the increase in agility was more than the 5%. They're first on my list to replace, but I think it was worth it.
Essentially the truth in my situation as well. Going from conquest/triumph gear to ICC/frost gear, including the replacing of a few wintergrasp/pvp items that were better than the blues I had previously. That and I am loot whore, but I've come to terms with that and feel much better wearing a deeper shade of purple gear over the 5% mastery bonus of awesomesauce. I've been told the first gear out of the gate in cata is iLevel 272, so really, its just a matter of time before I'm in all leather again. The feel of cotton is actually quite nice for a change though and breaths very well in the more dense and humid zones like Scholazar. :D
Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

Yay! Grats on your twilight drake! I love my drake from there too, the plain old black one. Considering it was a dragon I never thought I would get.../happydance.
Pokerfase
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Vek'nilash, Area 52

Unread post by Pokerfase »

Still waiting on RNG to grant Casandrau a Black Drake.

Epicfail
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Azunara wrote:Yay! Grats on your twilight drake! I love my drake from there too, the plain old black one. Considering it was a dragon I never thought I would get.../happydance.
Grats to you as well. This char has been more "piraty" in the past... still being hated among the goblin cities if you know what I mean. :D The black drake looks meaner and better in keeping with the piratey style. (just needs a pirate flag mounted to your back really) I'm just a "pretty" pirate now. :P Honestly can't wait for azeroth flying so I can use this as my main mount as I'm sure you are too!

Well, until goblin go-karts.... then we're gonna have some fuuuuun, yeah.... hehehe
Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

Oh yes. Azu will be using Ebonyira (Black) Azrenarku (Azure nether drake) and Kozridormu pretty equally. I may use Kozri more though...He was my first drake mount on any characters, so he's win. x3