Spirit Beast Ultimatum

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Calomel
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Icecrown

Spirit Beast Ultimatum

Unread post by Calomel »

I'm losing my mind. I don't want them all, I'm not that hardcore of a collector. I'd just like ONE. One spirit beast to call my own, that's it. I know I shouldn't be obsessing over these pets, but I just can't help myself. I find myself randomly soaring through Storm Peaks, skirting around Zul'Drak and endlessly circling the Basin. All for nothing. Whispers of "Oh hey I just saw so-and-so get tamed" and "I just saw his corpse!", hours of fruitless camping, aching arms and fingers from countless patrols.

Enough! Enough, I say!

I'm giving myself until next Thursday to find and tame one, or give it up entirely until Cata. I'm making it public, so I stick to it. If I don't, I fear I may quit with my hunter altogether, just when I started really loving the class. I can't let a pet do this to me.

Tanin - Troll - Beast Master - Icecrown, US
Currently Hunting: ...for the pacifier...

Novikova
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Re: Spirit Beast Ultimatum

Unread post by Novikova »

You can do it! Have you been asking in general? I'd pick one and go for it than trying for all at once. I'd say Loque or Skoll would be hardest. And be sure to take breaks or you'll go loony.
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Harley
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Nordrassil (A), Nesingwary (H).

Unread post by Harley »

Pick one and stick with it. Learn the spawn points and get the addons. Also helps to talk to the people farming in the area, some of them have hunters and know how hard it can be and will help.
Sasrei
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: US - Icecrown, Nesinwary

Unread post by Sasrei »

Your on icecrown? My main and my other hunter is on Icecrown. I could help you look when I can ^.^
My mains name is Sasrei, My other hunters name is Inaric.
(edit: Noticed your a troll hunter. I have a lower lvl hunter on Icecrown who is horde so if I see one and your on Ill give you a shout out its Tanin right?)

and edit again: your best on Icecrown is the morning, afternoons. Or early mornings, late evenings. Icecrown is extremely populated.. more then most servers. So try for those mornings time if you can. It'll save you alot of grief.
I mean I just checked and there was 12 people in zul drak (seriously?), 14 people in grizzly hills (3 hunters) 17 people in storm peaks, and 29 people in Shola. Odd are if your fliying all around at that time in hopes of finding one rare.. your not going to get it just because of the competition. People see rare.. they have to kill rare.
Last edited by Sasrei on Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thank you Ashaine and Kurenio!!!!

Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

Keep at it! *serious nod.*

And off topic, but when I first saw your avatar, I was all, "ZOMG. MOTH POKEMON."

Yeah. I've been playing too much pokemon recently. Took me a few seconds to realize, oh wait, no, that's a blue moth from WoW.
Sarayana
Realm: Ysera-US, Nesingwary-US

Unread post by Sarayana »

Aww. :hug: I hope you get one. I agree with the others to pick one. Gondria and Skoll are the easiest in terms of reliability of spawn times and limited spawn locations, though if you have an inordinate time to camp Arcturis he's only got that one spot so that might be a better option.

Good luck!

Much gratitude to Spiritbinder for the signature and Vephriel for the avatar! <3

Lohuran
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Sentinels (RP)

Unread post by Lohuran »

I've personally had really good luck finding Gondria early in the morning (on Sentinels). Compared to the other spirit beasts, Gondria is the least camped. Arcturis is always watched, what with his single spawn point, and every time I go to Sholazar, there's a hunter parked on nearly every single one of Loque's spawn points.

I've found him twice in the last few days, but haven't tamed him since purple ghost sabers aren't really my thing. :P
jericho

Unread post by jericho »

Its all pretty random to be honest. When I was camping Arcturis I had no less than 3 other hunters around. That guy has a long respawn timer but an easy spawn area. In my opinion he's the easier to camp, but only if you are willing to give it a lot of time sitting there staring at squirrels and deer.

I managed to pick up both Gondria and Loque within 15 minutes of each other last night. Complete and total luck. I had been sitting in ZD for a few hours, killed the undead rare and the sentinel and after about 4 hours grabbed Gondria. Headed to Basin, and on the second pass she was there frolicking with the monkeys. Its just a matter of patience and luck. Mostly the luck that there arent 5 other people camping at the same time as you.

Don't give up... I almost gave up camping Arcturis simply because I had some jerk kill it out from under me for giggles. They are a sign of a little dedication, but they aren't too terrible of claims.

We can only hope we see more than only "Ghostcrawler" with Cata launch.
Calomel
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Calomel »

Yep, I'm on Icecrown. It's ridiculously populated, mostly with alliance. With anywhere from 10 to 20 people in the Basin all afternoon, only 4 were Horde and able to be talked to. I'll try tonight in the wee hours of dawn to see if I can find anything. I picked up NPCscan and NPCscan overlay a few days ago to help with the hunt and I've got a gold reward up to maybe make that potential killer think twice about jumping a rare.

And @ Azunara: LOL! I'm glad you like it. It's Masha, my hunter's pet Moth he loves so much. She's got a story to her. When I was leveling him up he used to sell moth minipets on the horde AH to get by and was known by it for a month or so. So the story goes, he kept one; a little blue moth. After feeding her up on Papa Hummel's pet biscuits and watching her grow for a few years he trained her to fight for him. Tanin loves that moth, he'd never abandon her. I thought she'd make the perfect avatar.

Sasrei
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: US - Icecrown, Nesinwary

Unread post by Sasrei »

Yep tell me about it. I have no idea when the "all Aboard to Icecrown" train came but wow did everyone decide to go to that server. At most nights its basically at a high population server which makes rare camping.. extremely difficult. It took me one month to get King krush, and another 2 weeks for Aotona and thats with nothing but staying shola. People see any rare and they will kill them, even if its not an acheievement. There used to be a guy on our server who went around killing spirit beasts all the time.

Just go for those early mornings, cause after 5 o clock.. everyone comes on. And I mean everyone lol. Seeing 29 people in Shola.. is... scary..

thank you Ashaine and Kurenio!!!!

pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

Calomel wrote:I'm losing my mind. I don't want them all, I'm not that hardcore of a collector. I'd just like ONE. One spirit beast to call my own, that's it. I know I shouldn't be obsessing over these pets, but I just can't help myself. I find myself randomly soaring through Storm Peaks, skirting around Zul'Drak and endlessly circling the Basin. All for nothing. Whispers of "Oh hey I just saw so-and-so get tamed" and "I just saw his corpse!", hours of fruitless camping, aching arms and fingers from countless patrols.

Enough! Enough, I say!

I'm giving myself until next Thursday to find and tame one, or give it up entirely until Cata. I'm making it public, so I stick to it. If I don't, I fear I may quit with my hunter altogether, just when I started really loving the class. I can't let a pet do this to me.
pick one and stick with it. My orc has skoll, troll getting loque and dwarf getting arcturis. My pet choices are based on what I feel fit the theme of my hunters.
Loethlin
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Defias Brotherhood EU

Unread post by Loethlin »

Look, it's not really as bad as it seems at the moment. You probably feel helpless and very frustrated, but these ARE rare spawns. Heavily camped, much desired and griefed verily.
Don't give up!
First of all, there is no shame in not having a spirit beast. Secondly, there's no real "fix". You just need to be lucky.
Although my method of bitching on /g while waiting for a random and doing the rounds resulted in Arcturis and Gondria, I actually believe in what everyone else is saying: pick one, stick to it, do the rounds, hope for the best. But most of all, stop caring THAT much. As awesome as spirit beasts are, they are not worth your nerves. Quitting a hunter because you do not have one? Not good enough reason. Especially now, after 4.0.
Just... relax. Take it easy. Smile :)
And do the rounds.
I believe you'll find your spirit beast soon.
Calomel
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Calomel »

Giving myself a time limit has been such a relief! I walked away from it, took a deep breather and reminded myself that the spawns will still be there a year or two down the road. I let myself get obsessed, and that's just no good for me.

Believe it or not, helping an alliance friend hunt with me has been the most rewarding and relaxing part of this whole thing. He was super lucky and grabbed Skoll this morning, then went hunting for Loque. I shared the info I had on spawn times and the last time he was killed. I'm almost as excited about his hunt as I am about mine, I'd love to see him get the tame.

It's a game. I have to remind myself that. It's only a game and it isn't worth the stress.