Moving Sub-Forums Around + Role-Playing Forums

Mania
Administrator
Administrator

Moving Sub-Forums Around + Role-Playing Forums

Unread post by Mania »

We added a Role-Playing forum to help consolidate the role-playing threads. If you are interested in getting involved, check out the Q&A by Azunara.

I've also moved some of the other forums around to make room. These moves only affect where you see the forums on the index page, by the way. The actual forums are still the same.

Mounts, Tabards, and Mini-Pets can now be found under WoW General. And Avatars & Signatures moved under Fan Art & Creative Writing

If you have suggestions for other new forums and/or changes to what we have, feel free to suggest them either via PM or in Forum Support.
Saturo

Re: Moving Sub-Forums Around + Role-Playing Forums

Unread post by Saturo »

Ooh, neat. Just for a slight comment of my own. Fan Art & Creative Writing, IMO, doesn't really belong under Pets. You might want to consider moving it under Others.

And thank you for the RP forums. :)

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Agreed that the creative stuff should move to Other, but perhaps the Name That Pet section can remain under Pets as a full-fledged subforum. It's creative, but it belongs more under Pets. :)

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Mania
Administrator
Administrator

Unread post by Mania »

I like those suggestions. I was hesitant to leave Pet Discussion by itself, but if you think Name That Pet would be useful as a top level forum then that solves that problem.

Of course the Cataclysm launch will also help. I can archive those forums and move them under something else.

I'm probably being too picky about the number of top-level forums.
Anyia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Jubei'Thos (US/Oceania)

Unread post by Anyia »

Personally I've found the Cataclysm division of Pet/Hunter/Other to work really well.

The thing with sub-forums is that the Unread notification for the top level forum lights up for all sub-forums as well, even though I might not be following those forums.