All pets are on display at the new WoW Armory!

Malazee
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Dalaran

All pets are on display at the new WoW Armory!

Unread post by Malazee »

The new WoW community forums went live (sometime in the middle of last night I guess?) and the new armory is partially implemented as well! One of the coolest new features is definitely the Pets tab for hunters! It shows your entire stable (all 25 slots!), all of the pets' names, a large picture of their in-game model, and their talent specs as well! It's so super awesome!

Check out my hunter's pets here as an example!

Last edited by Malazee on Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mania
Administrator
Administrator

Re: All pets are on display at the new WoW Armory!

Unread post by Mania »

Argh! I was about to start coding this for Petopia! Although consider how long everything takes me it's probably better to let Blizzard do it. ;)
Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

EEEEEEEEEE! That's wonderful! Yay for Blizz! (And yay for less work for Mania!)

Edit: Awww, Kalli's not bowing anymore. :(
Last edited by Kalliope on Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Sarayana
Realm: Ysera-US, Nesingwary-US

Unread post by Sarayana »

That is awesome!!! :D AND they look AMAZING! Have a look at Skoll.

Only issue I have is that it doesn't display my Spirit of Atha. :| It also doesn't show my worm as ghostly (it's the disembodied jormungar), my cat looks like a solid white cat (it's the ghost saber), and my void wolf (Djinn) just looks like a regular Northrend worg. Doesn't mean I don't like it, but I kinda hope Blizz updates it to show these things. >_<

Edit: And Sara looks FIERCE! All ready for action and such. :lol:

Edit again: Anyone know why some characters don't show and others do? I see Sarayana and my hubby's main no prob but Aoani, for example, shows up as a silhouette. I looked to see if it was a level 80 thing and it isn't, a level 80 DK with the same name as my husband's main also shows up as a silhouette.
Last edited by Sarayana on Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Much gratitude to Spiritbinder for the signature and Vephriel for the avatar! <3

Malazee
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Malazee »

I dunno... that worm looks slightly transparent to me... I think they got that one right. But you're right, the other ones are off or missing. Don't worry though, this thing was JUST implemented, like, hours ago.

:3 squeeeeeeeeeeeeee.... I'm so happy!
Sarayana

Malazee wrote:Don't worry though, this thing was JUST implemented, like, hours ago.
Ok ok, I'll calm down and let them finish. :lol:

Much gratitude to Spiritbinder for the signature and Vephriel for the avatar! <3

Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

I bet the silhouette is inactivity related...maybe. Check out my paladin. :o And I was on her earlier in the day, hmm.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Gumballs
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Gumballs »

I'm on the armory and I don't see any way to even get to my hunters pets :S

Edit: And my armory looks totally different than those that are linked.. D:
Rejoined the hunt after a lengthy break... feels good!
Malazee
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Malazee »

Gumballs wrote:I'm on the armory and I don't see any way to even get to my hunters pets :S

You're up there! :) We're talking about the brand new forums/armory that were just implemented tonight. It's a whole new site with a brand new URL.
Trinia
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Greymane US & Aman'thul US

Unread post by Trinia »

Kalliope wrote:I bet the silhouette is inactivity related...maybe. Check out my paladin. :o And I was on her earlier in the day, hmm.
Kalli has a point. My Hunter (whom I have been on all day looking for Loque) had her full image. While my main is blacked out. Perhaps if you haven't been on the character since the change, it's not loading the proper images? I'm gonna check my other characters, me thinks.

----

After checking some of my other characters, that seems to be part of it. The only one who had a full image was one I had logged in as since the change. So, just login with your characters and they should have an image. c: As for the models not being transparent I saw that with my own Ghost Saber. I'm hoping they'll add it in with the 3D models.

Florelline - Level 90 NE Guardian/Feral Druid - Greymane
Thiania - Level 90 Draenei Shadow/Holy Priest - Greymane
Trinia - Level 86 NE BM/Surv Hunter - Aman'thul
Walnut the Tyrant Devilsaur
Pearl the Ghostsaber
Itzal the Fel Windserpent
Melo the Albino Bat
Tikiniro the Warp Stalker

Epicfail
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Uldum

Unread post by Epicfail »

I like the pics I've seen. Can't see much of it as I don't have my authenticator with me. I'll mess with this when I get home.

Mania - it would have been worse if you had JUST created something like this for the site and THEN learned Blizz made one just like it. Actually, if you were able to use wow model viewer "3Dish" looking models for each pet alongside each still pic on the petopia site, it would still be a win. Some pets pics just don't do them justice.
I don't really feel like this is so much the "Post-Modern" era as much as its the "Pre-Zombie-Apocalpse" era. I consider myself more of a forward thinking guy and an era that just won't die is just as feasible as a coming era, where the dead come back.
Malazee
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Malazee »

Trinia wrote:
Kalliope wrote:I bet the silhouette is inactivity related...maybe. Check out my paladin. :o And I was on her earlier in the day, hmm.
Kalli has a point. My Hunter (whom I have been on all day looking for Loque) had her full image. While my main is blacked out. Perhaps if you haven't been on the character since the change, it's not loading the proper images? I'm gonna check my other characters, me thinks.

----

After checking some of my other characters, that seems to be part of it. The only one who had a full image was one I had logged in as since the change. So, just login with your characters and they should have an image. c: As for the models not being transparent I saw that with my own Ghost Saber. I'm hoping they'll add it in with the 3D models.
This is indeed the case. Some of my characters were showing up as silhouettes, and after logging on each one for about 5 seconds and then logging out of the game completely, they were immediately showing up on the new armory. You just need to cache all of your characters at least once for the new system.
Sarayana

Trinia wrote:

----

Ah ok, awesome. *fights the urge to log in on all her toons* :lol: Thanks for checking! :)

Gumballs
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Gumballs »

Malazee wrote:
Gumballs wrote:I'm on the armory and I don't see any way to even get to my hunters pets :S

You're up there! :) We're talking about the brand new forums/armory that were just implemented tonight. It's a whole new site with a brand new URL.
OH! Haha. I feel a little dumb now. Thanks for clearing that up for me, I wasn't aware that the new forums were going in soon soon!

I really like this feature! Too bad I abandoned my second KK yesterday, so I couldn't show him off .. haha. :) It will be awesome being able to see what pets people have :D
Rejoined the hunt after a lengthy break... feels good!
Ikutai
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary

Unread post by Ikutai »

"The days are short, and are too soon over. The nights, for good or bad, can seem endless." - Neil Gaiman

Signature by the illustrious Saturo

"Steps 3 through 47: Profit!" - Steampunk of Nesingwary

Raydex-of-the-dawn
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Dawnbringer

Unread post by Raydex-of-the-dawn »

Warp Stalkers and Arcturis are not displaying correctly, it seems.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/d ... er/raydex/

swordoath
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Eonar

Unread post by swordoath »

Well this is odd -- I can see my characters in the database by going to their pages, but when I try to log in to manage them, I get a "No characters found" message in the top right area of the page (where I'm assuming your active character displays). I've tried logging out and back in to the game and the site, clearing my browser cache, clearing my game cahe ... I'm out of ideas.

Credit for awesome signature to the awesome Vephriel

Daranara
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Lightbringer

Unread post by Daranara »

Maaaaaan the urge to just play around with every hunter I know to look at all of their pets is so strong....

...but oh no now everyone can see two of my pets don't have names yet D:

But teehee the fact Temil has no picture amuses me.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/l ... ranara/pet

Daranara - Night Elflet Huntar - Lightbringer US
Gearfeathers on FR

Ikult
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary (horde); Moon Guard (alli)

Unread post by Ikult »

Oh this is awesome!! How fantastic to see pets!!

LINKAGE FUN! http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/n ... et#7435578

For some reason, my Slime-dile has a graphic, but my Hydro-dile does not. Weird. :X I hope they put in a graphic for Bubbles.
Raydex-of-the-dawn
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Dawnbringer

Unread post by Raydex-of-the-dawn »

I was looking through the source code and noticed something interesting - the original ID isn't in there. For instance, from Ikult's stables on the new armory's code:
7435578: { name: "Precious", level: 80, familyId: 46, familyName: "Spirit Beast", icon: "ability_druid_primalprecision", build: "201000130301003010122000000000000000000000000000000000000000000", skinName: "28010" },

The ID, 32517, is nowhere in the source, anywhere. That's just part of it there, the part for Loque, but in the original source code, the part for loque is THIS:
<pet catId="58" family="Spirit Beast" familyId="46" icon="ability_druid_primalprecision" lvl="80" name="Precious" npcId="32517" npcName="Loque'nahak">
<talentGroup active="1" group="1" icon="ability_druid_kingofthejungle" key="Ferocity" order="0" prim="Ferocity">

The ID and mob name are in there. Weird change, huh?