Any word on....

Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Silens
Realm: Rexxar

Any word on....

Unread post by Silens »

making Stags tameable?

This would have been on my list of must haves...

http://www.wowwiki.com/Shadowhorn_Stag
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Re: Any word on....

Unread post by Wain »

No, they haven't made them tameable, and they're unlikely to do so before release now, given it's less than a month away. They did express an interest in making more old families tameable this expansion, at least, so there's hope it'll be in a later patch.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Sarayana
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Ysera-US, Nesingwary-US

Unread post by Sarayana »

The expansion is already burned on discs and packed in boxes. They're not making major changes at this point, they're simply tweaking the server-side content to prevent imbalance and other major issues (*cough* right, a girl can dream right?) on release.

I'd love to have stags be tameable though. When I first hit level 10, the first beast I tried taming was one of the white stags in Azuremyst. Seemed to fit my draenei so well... I was very sad to see they're not tameable. :( I hope Blizz changes their minds about it eventually.

Much gratitude to Spiritbinder for the signature and Vephriel for the avatar! <3

Royi

Realm: Ysera

Unread post by Royi »

Sarayana wrote:The expansion is already burned on discs and packed in boxes. They're not making major changes at this point, they're simply tweaking the server-side content to prevent imbalance and other major issues (*cough* right, a girl can dream right?) on release.

I'd love to have stags be tameable though. When I first hit level 10, the first beast I tried taming was one of the white stags in Azuremyst. Seemed to fit my draenei so well... I was very sad to see they're not tameable. :( I hope Blizz changes their minds about it eventually.
eww draenei hunter, you should probably go Goblin :)
:) ~ Formally known as Royi ~
Sarayana

Royi wrote:
Sarayana wrote:The expansion is already burned on discs and packed in boxes. They're not making major changes at this point, they're simply tweaking the server-side content to prevent imbalance and other major issues (*cough* right, a girl can dream right?) on release.

eww draenei hunter, you should probably go Goblin :)
Heh. I will, but I'll be starting from scratch unlike some people I know. :P

Much gratitude to Spiritbinder for the signature and Vephriel for the avatar! <3

Pent
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Pent - Mt. Hyjal - Alliance

Unread post by Pent »

If you don't start from scratch...

....where is the fun?
"Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." ~ Terry Pratchett

I need more hunters, IMO.

"A hobby should pass the time, not fill it." --Norman Bates "Psycho"
Karathyriel
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Not playing anymore.

Unread post by Karathyriel »

Yep!

What's the point in playing a goblin if you miss out on the starting zones?

And, to be honest, I'd never ever would cough up a single € (nor $) to pay for realm transfer, renaming or race/faction change.

The prices they ask for simply copying or altering a database entry is pure impertinence, imho.
Worba
Realm: Uther, Zangarmarsh, Shu'halo, Fenris, Quel'Thalas+
Location: In Sethekk Halls, bothering Anzu (90 runs and counting)

Unread post by Worba »

Server transfers: did a free transfer once long ago to get the alli toons onto their own server, and give them and the hordies both a chance to grow.

Renaming: after the above transfer, I was forced to change the name of one of my hunters. As I was eager to play him, I chose a name that I later got sick of, and then it was either cough up the $15 or stop playing him, so I went with option 1...

Re-everything: my dwarf pally was originally female, and while I have a number of female toons who seem to "work", Gunhilde just ... didn't (back when I first rolled her, female dwarf gear was scale much larger relative to their size). Again, it was a choice between not playing the toon or paying the money, so I changed her to a male named Worthy, and the new arrangement has worked out just fine.
Sarayana

Eh guys, I was giving Royi flak. He is starting from scratch, he is just also server changing an existing toon.

I don't see the problem with paying for customization, whether it's server transfer, race change, gender change, or a remodel. After all, everyone charges for services offered. Companies make profit, that's how they stay in business. If you want the service (and in this case, many people do) then you gotta expect that profit margin. Personally I'd rather spend $15 to customise a toon than restart and pay months of $15 to get the new toon to the same level as the old, perfectly playable (but ugly/wrong faction/wrong server/wrong gender) toon.

WildcatTM
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Feathermoon

Unread post by WildcatTM »

I find Stags quite boring. Though the shadow one is probably the best skin. I'm still waiting for a dear ole Hydra.

MaximumOverdrive
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by MaximumOverdrive »

Sadly, I'm paying for 3 server transfers, as almost all my friends left the server I was playing on (and some don't hardly play anymore). It really sucks playing by myself.

Back to the original topic...other than the mistaken diet, never really heard anything about stags becoming tamable. Perhaps in a later patch they will.