A thought on Terrorpene

Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
GreenSea
Realm: Lightninghoof

A thought on Terrorpene

Unread post by GreenSea »

So I'm just spitballin here, I had a crazy thought today. I was thinking about Skol, cuz I'm currently camping and trying to tame him, and Terrorpene came into my mind, and I couldnt help but think they're both normal(ish) pet skins (wolf and turtle) with elemental themes (storm and fire). So with that in mind, and the thought that Skol is different from all the other spirit beats in that he's more elemental then spirit, it just makes sense that the new tameable volcano turtle should be a spirit beast like our favorite storm wolf. So just a crazy idea there. It would give us our first reptilian spirit beast which everyones been wanting (me as well), and the 3rd spirit beast not transparent. Doubt Blizz would actually do it, cuz it would be a hit to turtles. So there ya go. Thoughts?
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Re: A thought on Terrorpene

Unread post by Vephriel »

I'd much prefer him to remain a Turtle than a Spirit Beast. :)
Zwiggy
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: manny

Unread post by Zwiggy »

on the same thought core hounds should be spirit beasts because they came from fire and lava.
Alastiel
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: EU - Aszune

Unread post by Alastiel »

I thought Terrorpene was a Spirit Beast the first time I saw him, but I'm glad that he's not. It gives MM and SV hunters something fun as well. Not everything awesome should go to the BMs, after all (even though I always play BM myself). :)
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

I'm content with him as a turtle.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

GreenSea
Realm: Lightninghoof

Unread post by GreenSea »

Alastiel wrote:. Not everything awesome should go to the BMs, after all (even though I always play BM myself). :)
Good point. Didn't quite think on that one.

And with the core hounds, my main thought there was that they aren't a "normal" skin, like wolf or turtle. They're completely original. Personally I just want another elementalish spirit beast that's a reptile. Terrorpene would be pretty ballin, but I guess it is fairer to SV and MM to keep him a turtle.
Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

I think that MM/SV need to have some visually stimulating or unique looking pets to. BM shouldn't get all the "cool" looking pets (cool as in transparent (ghost saber aside)/elemental looking)

It's nice to have some pets with cool looks, that are not SB's.

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Calomel
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Icecrown

Unread post by Calomel »

I love the fact that Terrorpene is available to all hunters and not just BM, even though I'm a Beast Master myself. Share the love of awesome pets!

Edit:
And with the core hounds, my main thought there was that they aren't a "normal" skin, like wolf or turtle. They're completely original. Personally I just want another elementalish spirit beast that's a reptile. Terrorpene would be pretty ballin, but I guess it is fairer to SV and MM to keep him a turtle.
Spirit Raptor! *drool*

Tanin - Troll - Beast Master - Icecrown, US
Currently Hunting: ...for the pacifier...

Sasrei
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: US - Icecrown, Nesinwary

Unread post by Sasrei »

I am glad actually that he is a turtle and not a spirit beast. Personally Id love to have him as a Tank pet ^.^
And I think its a nice nod to the hunters who arent always BM spec so that they can have an awesome looking pet.

thank you Ashaine and Kurenio!!!!

Worba
Realm: Uther, Zangarmarsh, Shu'halo, Fenris, Quel'Thalas+
Location: In Sethekk Halls, bothering Anzu (90 runs and counting)

Unread post by Worba »

GreenSea wrote:So I'm just spitballin here, I had a crazy thought today. I was thinking about Skol, cuz I'm currently camping and trying to tame him, and Terrorpene came into my mind, and I couldnt help but think they're both normal(ish) pet skins (wolf and turtle) with elemental themes (storm and fire). So with that in mind, and the thought that Skol is different from all the other spirit beats in that he's more elemental then spirit, it just makes sense that the new tameable volcano turtle should be a spirit beast like our favorite storm wolf. So just a crazy idea there. It would give us our first reptilian spirit beast which everyones been wanting (me as well), and the 3rd spirit beast not transparent. Doubt Blizz would actually do it, cuz it would be a hit to turtles. So there ya go. Thoughts?
I think Loque and Skoll were conceived at a time when Blizzard's vision on spirit beasts was less well defined than it is now; spirit beasts seem to be trending more toward their actual namesake (re: Gondria, Karoma, GC, Arc), and I suspect if Loque and Skoll were created nowadays, they would be classed as regular cat and wolf respectively.

Which is fine with me - after all, if terrorpene is going to become a spirit beasts just on grounds of being more elemental in nature, then it creates all sorts of problems with existing pets, e.g. does that mean that shale spiders should also be spirit beasts? How about core hounds - the red and green ones are made of lava, after all? Etc etc.

No, imo Terrorpene is just fine where he is - one bad ass m--- f--- TANK. ;)
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Worba wrote:
GreenSea wrote:So I'm just spitballin here, I had a crazy thought today. I was thinking about Skol, cuz I'm currently camping and trying to tame him, and Terrorpene came into my mind, and I couldnt help but think they're both normal(ish) pet skins (wolf and turtle) with elemental themes (storm and fire). So with that in mind, and the thought that Skol is different from all the other spirit beats in that he's more elemental then spirit, it just makes sense that the new tameable volcano turtle should be a spirit beast like our favorite storm wolf. So just a crazy idea there. It would give us our first reptilian spirit beast which everyones been wanting (me as well), and the 3rd spirit beast not transparent. Doubt Blizz would actually do it, cuz it would be a hit to turtles. So there ya go. Thoughts?
I think Loque and Skoll were conceived at a time when Blizzard's vision on spirit beasts was less well defined than it is now; spirit beasts seem to be trending more toward their actual namesake (re: Gondria, Karoma, GC, Arc), and I suspect if Loque and Skoll were created nowadays, they would be classed as regular cat and wolf respectively.
Loque's a spirit beast through and through; he's the mate of a spirit! He has the same appearance as her too, which makes it okay. ;) But he has a specific story. Skoll, though, is different. I think he mostly exists in the form he does so Loque doesn't look so out of place.

Blizzard does seem to currently be leaning in the direction of "spirit beasts = ghosty-looking," but if we got, say, a raptor spirit beast, it could also be somewhat corporeal like Loque/Har'koa if it's tied to a troll aspect.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Worba
Realm: Uther, Zangarmarsh, Shu'halo, Fenris, Quel'Thalas+
Location: In Sethekk Halls, bothering Anzu (90 runs and counting)

Unread post by Worba »

Kalliope wrote:Loque's a spirit beast through and through; he's the mate of a spirit!
We're getting beyond spirits with Loque - he actually would be a demi-god or angel. So is Skoll if you follow norse mythology (father of the Fenris wolf iirc). It's a fine point, I know, and I'm not saying Loque or Skoll shouldn't be spirit beasts*, so much as that the trend currently seems to be toward restricting spirit beasts to those with truly non-corporeal appearance... and leaving the rest as "normals" (no matter how supernatural their origin).

*And either way, being a spirit still doesn't automatically mean "spirit beast", thanks to Blizzard's tendency to pretty much never follow any rule categorically (e.g. ghost saber et al).
Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nordrassil

Unread post by Gimlion »

I still think that any of SpiritBinder's Drawings would make amazing additions to the SB family. Also, would there by chance be a thread or website that contains all of these drawings within an album/post/thread? I've heard that there is a raptor drawing, as well as a Tallstrider, but I have only seen the Devilsaur, WS, and Crab.

Sig made by the Wonderful Serenith!

"You cannot judge me, I am Justice itself! We were meant for more than this, to protect the innocent. But, if our precious laws bind you all to inaction, then I will no longer stand as your brother." - Tyrael
virgo02
Realm: Shadowsong & Whisperwind

Unread post by virgo02 »

Terropene is actually a pretty good little tank if you can believe that lol.A couple of nights ago i was in a group in the vortex pinnacle and the tank left.Well,it was me(my copied toon which i leveled to 84 at this time),a premade 85 hunter who had a shale spider,a boomkin and the healer.The 85's shale spider and my Terrorpene tanked that whole place with only a couple of deaths :)
Zetharl
Realm: Hydraxis

Unread post by Zetharl »

Terrorpene would need to be some shade of blue in order to be a spirit beast. :)