Request for Flesh Beast

Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
bluddy
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Alonsus

Re: Request for Flesh Beast

Unread post by bluddy »

*instant tame!
Kikanu
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Shadowsong

Unread post by Kikanu »

It has tentacles. It should be tamable for females at the very least.

/badpun

On a serious note, I've always wanted one. They're so monstrous yet simple. They have beast-like qualities to them. Their family skill could mimic the Death Knight's Bloodworm ability, having a chance to summon a blood worm that explodes and heals nearby party members. They could even have a Carrion Feeder ability AND be ferocity.
WoW, where is my KAMEN RIDER BEETLE LARVA PET?
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Karathyriel wrote:
Vephriel wrote:I've always thought they were cute in an ugly way.
This quote could have been written only by Vephriel.

ONLY by her.
*grin* :D
Lilyanamaria
Realm: Aerie Peak

Unread post by Lilyanamaria »

Oh boy, sorry for all the controversy :oops: Like I said before, i just really liked the unique look of them and my research of them a while back turned up with a handful of them being categorized as actual beasts and the majority categorized. Looks like people got really offended, sorry :cry:
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Aw, I don't think anyone was offended, don't feel bad! Most of us agree that they probably won't be tameable, but there's nothing wrong with fun speculation. :D
Raydex-of-the-dawn
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Dawnbringer

Unread post by Raydex-of-the-dawn »

Lilyanamaria wrote:Oh boy, sorry for all the controversy :oops: Like I said before, i just really liked the unique look of them and my research of them a while back turned up with a handful of them being categorized as actual beasts and the majority categorized. Looks like people got really offended, sorry :cry:
No, no, the only real anger we got was when a person mistook a flesh BEAST for a flesh CONSTRUCT. <3

I'd love one, frankly. They're ADORABLE. :D

Calomel
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Icecrown

Unread post by Calomel »

They creep me out. Seriously. Probably the only thing in the game that creeps me out. The nasty little things scare me.

When I first got my shadowfiend, I had nightmares about the blasted thing chasing me. It was HORRIBLE.

Tanin - Troll - Beast Master - Icecrown, US
Currently Hunting: ...for the pacifier...

Knowlton
Realm: Farstriders

Unread post by Knowlton »

Kikanu wrote:It has tentacles. It should be tamable for females at the very least.

/badpun

On a serious note, I've always wanted one. They're so monstrous yet simple. They have beast-like qualities to them. Their family skill could mimic the Death Knight's Bloodworm ability, having a chance to summon a blood worm that explodes and heals nearby party members. They could even have a Carrion Feeder ability AND be ferocity.
While I agree that it is unlikely that they will be tamable, but being parasitic in nature, would love to see this:

Infest - Flesh Beast burrows into target, wrapping it's tentacles around the spinal cord, taking control of the target's body for X amount of seconds.
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Knowlton wrote:
Kikanu wrote:It has tentacles. It should be tamable for females at the very least.

/badpun

While I agree that it is unlikely that they will be tamable, but being parasitic in nature, would love to see this:

Infest - Flesh Beast burrows into target, wrapping it's tentacles around the spinal cord, taking control of the target's body for X amount of seconds.
i can see every priest up in arms about this, saying it's taking away their unique mind control.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Knowlton
Realm: Farstriders

Unread post by Knowlton »

Taluwen wrote:
Knowlton wrote:

/badpun

i can see every priest up in arms about this, saying it's taking away their unique mind control.
Don't hear too much complaining over the Gnomish mind control cap.
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

I do on my server....>->

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Worba
Realm: Uther, Zangarmarsh, Shu'halo, Fenris, Quel'Thalas+
Location: In Sethekk Halls, bothering Anzu (90 runs and counting)

Unread post by Worba »

Lilyanamaria wrote:Oh boy, sorry for all the controversy :oops: Like I said before, i just really liked the unique look of them and my research of them a while back turned up with a handful of them being categorized as actual beasts and the majority categorized. Looks like people got really offended, sorry :cry:
Who was offended? :? No worries! 8-)
Warfish
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Maelstrom

Unread post by Warfish »

While I alwasy really liked the Flesh Beast model (alwasy good to have "creepy" options, especially now with Undead Hunters, who would match these perfectly), I would say there is a somewhat long list of model-types that most Hunters would probably choose first, the usual litany of Hydras, Bassilisks, Stags, etc.

Seems Hydras is the one the most Hunters seem to want added in. Perhaps in the expansion after Cata? Who knows. If they havn't addes Basi's and Hydras yet, there may be some reason we're not aware of as to why, given how much other stuff has been created out of whole-cloth to add in.
Worba

Unread post by Worba »

Warfish wrote:While I alwasy really liked the Flesh Beast model (alwasy good to have "creepy" options, especially now with Undead Hunters, who would match these perfectly), I would say there is a somewhat long list of model-types that most Hunters would probably choose first, the usual litany of Hydras, Bassilisks, Stags, etc.

Seems Hydras is the one the most Hunters seem to want added in. Perhaps in the expansion after Cata? Who knows. If they havn't addes Basi's and Hydras yet, there may be some reason we're not aware of as to why, given how much other stuff has been created out of whole-cloth to add in.
But this isn't about relative popularity - never has been actually, else we'd only have cats and wolves in the game!

This thread is about flesh beasts; hydras and the rest have their own threads, so let's get this back on-topic.

Flesh beasts would make an offbeat pet, that is for certain. I'm not sure if hunters are the best class for them (I'm kinda thinking more along the lines of locks or even shadow priests), although if Blizzard were to make another "tamability flub" and a few flesh beasts became limited edition tames along same lines as the crocoslime, I think that would be pretty cool...
Warfish
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Maelstrom

Unread post by Warfish »

Worba wrote:But this isn't about relative popularity - never has been actually, else we'd only have cats and wolves in the game!

This thread is about flesh beasts; hydras and the rest have their own threads, so let's get this back on-topic.
It's a game, Blizzard is a company, and popularity amongst customers always counts.

And in a thread about Flesh Beasts, mentioning that longstanding customer demand strongly favors other skins first is absolutely on topic.

Rather rude way to welcome a new poster to the board.

As I said, I'd be happy to have, and support, the addition of this skin. However, the realist in me can see clearly it's a very low-odds request.
Worba

Unread post by Worba »

It is a low odds request, but not at all due to popularity - due instead to its basic alien-ness.
Sarayana
Realm: Ysera-US, Nesingwary-US

Unread post by Sarayana »

Warfish wrote:As I said, I'd be happy to have, and support, the addition of this skin. However, the realist in me can see clearly it's a very low-odds request.
I totally agree. I personally think it would be awesome if hunters can tame the beasts they want (in other words - if it's a beast, it's tameable) for variety and each hunter's personal satisfaction. However, considering the design hours needed to create a new family and integrate in into the system, I think we're far more likely to see a family that's in higher demand (like the hydras, as you mentioned Warfish) be flagged.

It's a trade-off that any company makes - demand vs. cost. Will it increase (or secure) their revenues enough to justify the cost of man-hours? In this case, probably not.

Much gratitude to Spiritbinder for the signature and Vephriel for the avatar! <3

Worba

Unread post by Worba »

Calomel wrote:They creep me out. Seriously. Probably the only thing in the game that creeps me out. The nasty little things scare me.

When I first got my shadowfiend, I had nightmares about the blasted thing chasing me. It was HORRIBLE.

Wonderfully horrible. :twisted:

I think the best "fit" for flesh beasts as pets would probably be as the shadow priest 41 pt talent in the next expansion;

Summon Greater Fiend - you get a larger, permanent shadow fiend to keep you company and do your bidding.
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Worba wrote:
Calomel wrote:They creep me out. Seriously. Probably the only thing in the game that creeps me out. The nasty little things scare me.

I think the best "fit" for flesh beasts as pets would probably be as the shadow priest 41 pt talent in the next expansion;

Summon Greater Fiend - you get a larger, permanent shadow fiend to keep you company and do your bidding.
Heh, gonna have to say no to that one, considering how hard regular shadowfiends hit currently. Spriests already don't have mana issues. They have no need to become yet another pet class.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Worba

Unread post by Worba »

Kalliope wrote:
Worba wrote:

Heh, gonna have to say no to that one, considering how hard regular shadowfiends hit currently. Spriests already don't have mana issues. They have no need to become yet another pet class.
Yeah, except I was talking about putting in the 41 pt slot, not the 31 (gotta figure their level 90 talent is going to be just as powerful whatever form it takes).