Tameable?

Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Faery
Realm: Blade's Edge

Tameable?

Unread post by Faery »

I came across this pretty guy in Twilight Highlands, just south of Firebeard's Patrol. That Tear of Loyalty was all he dropped, making me curious if he can be tamed or not. Any ideas?

Last edited by Faery on Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Saturo

Re: Tameable?

Unread post by Saturo »

Yep. That's a new spirit beast. It's been confirmed tameable in several threads, including one very long one. :P

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Faery
Realm: Blade's Edge

Unread post by Faery »

Awesome. He's so pretty, just like the old spirit wolves that are no longer tameable. This makes me super happy!
swordoath
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Eonar

Unread post by swordoath »

I love the Tear of Loyalty item. I doubt it's going to stop people from just out-and-out killing them but it's a nice little nod to hunters. Sort of a "this one's for you" moment.

Credit for awesome signature to the awesome Vephriel

Ryai
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Ryai »

swordoath wrote:I love the Tear of Loyalty item. I doubt it's going to stop people from just out-and-out killing them but it's a nice little nod to hunters. Sort of a "this one's for you" moment.
Yes and no- if it was a true nod to us, the tear would only vendor for a single copper, not 25gold. I know people who kill the tameable rares for just the blue they drop to shard it; even tho the sharded blue probably sells less for that vendor item the Cata rares drop.

Edit: Or since it's supposedly priceless, no sell price at all >.>
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

One thing to note, though: the reason the person said 'Can this be tamed?' is because of the Tear Of Loyalty. Which to me says that at the very least, people can identify 'Cool awesome tameable pets' by the aforementioned crystalline tear.

I'd love if they could add it to older world tameables as well. :D

.... that said, I do have the overwhelming urge to get one of these tears. Just because the color text is so epic. :( And I can't think I'm the only one. So it does worry me a *little*.
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Jangalian
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Jangalian »

.....I am such a sick person. I have the desire to possess one of these tears.

*beats self*
( •_•) Many whelps!
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■) Handle it.
Alastiel
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: EU - Aszune

Unread post by Alastiel »

Makes me so sad to see her dead, even if it is just in Beta. Reminds me too much about my first (and very traumatic) attempt to tame Loque'nahak. After nearly 50 hours of camping over a few days, I finally found him, and I made sure to tag him and everything before I started my tame. Then a helpful Death Knight swooped down and killed him mid-tame, even though it could not possibly have counted toward his achievement. I just sat there staring at his corpse for several minutes until it faded away. :(

Not that I'm in any way blaming the OP. You couldn't have known she was tameable, and it is a Beta Server after all. :)
Worba
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Uther, Zangarmarsh, Shu'halo, Fenris, Quel'Thalas+
Location: In Sethekk Halls, bothering Anzu (90 runs and counting)

Unread post by Worba »

Faery wrote:I came across this pretty guy in Twilight Highlands, just south of Firebeard's Patrol. That Tear of Loyalty was all he dropped, making me curious if he can be tamed or not. Any ideas?
Darn rogue. Some poor hunter is now crying bitter tears because of you.

(I kid, I kid) :P