Screenie of Chro tamed in 4.0.3a PTR?

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
PorrasouxRex
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Screenie of Chro tamed in 4.0.3a PTR?

Unread post by PorrasouxRex »

Would help alot to know if he'll be tameable in the update or not. Don't want to force my guild to help me into BWL or AQ40 if some of the raid bosses are un-touched.
"The arrogance of man is thinking that nature is in our control, and not the other way around."

Kikanu
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Shadowsong

Re: Screenie of Chro tamed in 4.0.3a PTR?

Unread post by Kikanu »

He is tamable, dude on the ptr had it in Stormwind. Razorgore is still glitched, and you need a GM to skip the boss encounter to progress in, but it is available.
WoW, where is my KAMEN RIDER BEETLE LARVA PET?
Zangor
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Lightbringer-US Nessingwary-US

Unread post by Zangor »

can you skip almost all the bosses to get to him or do you need a actual raid group?
Anyia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Jubei'Thos (US/Oceania)

Unread post by Anyia »

You need at least three people (who know what they're doing) to get as far as Chromaggus. I've yet to see anyone manage to duo it.
Rawr
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

Kikanu wrote:He is tamable, dude on the ptr had it in Stormwind. Razorgore is still glitched, and you need a GM to skip the boss encounter to progress in, but it is available.
What glitch?? I want to get this guy right after my friends and my WoW patch on Tuesday, glitches=tickets= long waits :| :geek:

Ryai
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Ryai »

Anyia wrote:You need at least three people (who know what they're doing) to get as far as Chromaggus. I've yet to see anyone manage to duo it.
I know you need atleast three people- because of the dragon boss with the eggs and all [one MC's and it's easier to have two guards] but outside of that, and since it is glitching, isn't it possible to two man it as a hunter? I mean tank pets, even non BM can handle ZG/AQ/etc, and people were able to solo Onyxia. So wouldn't it just take some micromanagement of a healer, hunter and pet?
Anyia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Anyia »

If you don't have a mana user you might possibly be able to survive long enough to down Vaelastrasz, but I wouldn't put my money on it. Even at 80, keep in mind that this is a fight tuned for 40 people with unlimited resources and has a 45s tank killer mechanic. I've seen wipes even when 6-manning it due to the Burning Adrenaline. Also, the Essence of the Red buff isn't granting any extra focus, so hunters don't get the unlimited resources benefit. :(
Moonlost
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord (Horde), Moonguard (Alliance)

Unread post by Moonlost »

Ryai wrote:
Anyia wrote:You need at least three people (who know what they're doing) to get as far as Chromaggus. I've yet to see anyone manage to duo it.
I know you need atleast three people- because of the dragon boss with the eggs and all [one MC's and it's easier to have two guards] but outside of that, and since it is glitching, isn't it possible to two man it as a hunter? I mean tank pets, even non BM can handle ZG/AQ/etc, and people were able to solo Onyxia. So wouldn't it just take some micromanagement of a healer, hunter and pet?
At level 85, Wain's hunter and my Death Knight tank were able to duo it, but it was hard going. A lot of running about and throwing D&D over at the controller's feet. You could probably hunter pet tank it, but you'd need to be a master at micro management so you didn't inadvertantly kill the boss.

Other than that, it was pretty simple to two man the place, some stupid pulls asside.

Ryai
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Ryai »

Anyia wrote:If you don't have a mana user you might possibly be able to survive long enough to down Vaelastrasz, but I wouldn't put my money on it. Even at 80, keep in mind that this is a fight tuned for 40 people with unlimited resources and has a 45s tank killer mechanic. I've seen wipes even when 6-manning it due to the Burning Adrenaline. Also, the Essence of the Red buff isn't granting any extra focus, so hunters don't get the unlimited resources benefit. :(

Yeah but, is this before or after the change; and was the tank a pet or not? I mean worse comes to worse you FD in a corner and let the pet bite it to see if it can solo it, a bit of food and TLC with a rez later and the pet will love you once more/forgive the sin of letting it bite it for an experiment.

Sides if BM don't have to worry; TBW-> unload, Fervor -> unload, Steady spam, rinse and repeat.

So someone needs to go see if it's possible now, grab a healer hybrid vict- er, volunteer and head to BWL!

And Moonlost; I wasn't talking about the MC room, we were on about the rest of BWL/The red dragon after MC boss :p
Hero
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: trollbane

Unread post by Hero »

Hero
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Hero »

eh ots sad no more boss tags n this sc tok like 10 min cuz EVERYONE runs up n is like OMG WER U GET IT I HAZ ONE PLS
Airrana
Realm: Korgath

Unread post by Airrana »

My boyfriend and I 2 manned up to chromaggus on live.. his alt DK (tank, self healed with CD's), and my hunter. took us a 70g repair bill (and quite a few deaths) and an hour, but do-able without a solid healer. (ICC 25 geared obviously) was challenging yet fun, HOPING that we can keep the lockout come next week!

EDIT: forgot to mention that i did the controlling on the first boss while he just took all the adds, and when the fight was over his adds kept respawning BUT after we died and came back in they had cleared out :? died at least once on all but Ebonroc and flamegor (I think thats his name).

Alliance: Airrana-90 Hunter-Korgath Seiren-90 Druid-Korgath

Horde: Shirianu-80 Druid-Gorgonnash

Airrana's Stable!

Airrana's Mounts!

Airrana's Battle Pets!

Keleri
Realm: Balnazzar

Unread post by Keleri »

If you tame Chromaggus, does that count as him being killed? It would be easier to tame him if we didn't have to do BWL twice (my other friend, a hunter, will def want him).
Moonlost

Ryai wrote:
Anyia wrote:If you don't have a mana user you might possibly be able to survive long enough to down Vaelastrasz, but I wouldn't put my money on it. Even at 80, keep in mind that this is a fight tuned for 40 people with unlimited resources and has a 45s tank killer mechanic. I've seen wipes even when 6-manning it due to the Burning Adrenaline. Also, the Essence of the Red buff isn't granting any extra focus, so hunters don't get the unlimited resources benefit. :(

Yeah but, is this before or after the change; and was the tank a pet or not? I mean worse comes to worse you FD in a corner and let the pet bite it to see if it can solo it, a bit of food and TLC with a rez later and the pet will love you once more/forgive the sin of letting it bite it for an experiment.

Sides if BM don't have to worry; TBW-> unload, Fervor -> unload, Steady spam, rinse and repeat.

So someone needs to go see if it's possible now, grab a healer hybrid vict- er, volunteer and head to BWL!

And Moonlost; I wasn't talking about the MC room, we were on about the rest of BWL/The red dragon after MC boss :p
Hehe, but they'll be fixing the fight up eventually, best to be prepared. :P

Vael would be the only other fight that could give an issue. (By the way, the speech before the Vael fight still gives me chills. Get up little red wyrm!) But again, Wain and I were able to take him down happily enough with his hunter, using a shale spider, and my DK tank. I died just a few seconds before he did. With two hunters doing awesome DPS, should be cake. And the rest of the place was no hassle at all.

The third boss posed no worries and you can skip the next few if you're willing to stick closely to walls and/or clear out some trash.
Keleri wrote:If you tame Chromaggus, does that count as him being killed? It would be easier to tame him if we didn't have to do BWL twice (my other friend, a hunter, will def want him).
I believe it does ount as killing him. But that's okay. I thougth of a way around that. :)

Clear BWL with your hunters at the same time. Once you get to Chromaggus, have Hunter One leave and hop on another high level alt, or if you don't have one, make up a Death knight. Invite this new Death knight to the raid, kick Hunter One of the raid, then have Hunter Two tame Chromaggus. Once he's done, swap spots with Hunter One running into BWL, which should still be saved up to chromaggus, and Hunter Two hopping on an alt high enough leveled to be able to form a raid with.

Lohuran
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Sentinels (RP)

Unread post by Lohuran »

When I cleared up to Chromaggus this week, Razorgore despawned during the fight, rendering us unable to progress or even to escape. We were utterly stuck. One of our guildies put in a ticket and, fortunately, GMs responded very quickly (perhaps within one or two minutes). While most tickets get stuck in line, it would seem that a certain few, like those relating to being stuck on Razorgore, get responded to and fixed very quickly.

HOWEVER, the fix to this particular bug also prevented us from being able to fight Nefarian. We didn't really care since we were only there to get to Chromaggus, but it made us feel special knowing that a GM broke a raid just for us! :P
Pent
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Pent - Mt. Hyjal - Alliance

Unread post by Pent »

My questions are...

Can Chromaggus be tamed by a L.80 hunter in emblem gear (not quite ICC gear) if he is able to get to him thanks to his guildies?

And... if that one boss bugs out (glitches) how do you continue on? Do you have to ticket a GM and wait for a response and then go back in? Is there a way around it? Does it bug out every run? Any clue if it will be fixed on Live?

I was hoping to get Chromaggus right after I tamed Gezz... probably within 1-3 days after the initial patch... but I don't want to drag my guild into BWL if me being a L.80 non-ICCed geared hunter will hinder me from nabbing him.

Opinions? Any suggestions other than to wait til L.85, because I don't want to. :P
"Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." ~ Terry Pratchett

I need more hunters, IMO.

"A hobby should pass the time, not fill it." --Norman Bates "Psycho"
Lohuran
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Sentinels (RP)

Unread post by Lohuran »

The only possible way around Razorgore that I can think of is to just let everyone die. But like I said, the GMs responded to our ticket within minutes of putting it in.

*'Course, even if we did try to die, I'm not 100% sure that would've fixed our particular bug.
Moonlost

Pent wrote:My questions are...

Can Chromaggus be tamed by a L.80 hunter in emblem gear (not quite ICC gear) if he is able to get to him thanks to his guildies?

And... if that one boss bugs out (glitches) how do you continue on? Do you have to ticket a GM and wait for a response and then go back in? Is there a way around it? Does it bug out every run? Any clue if it will be fixed on Live?

I was hoping to get Chromaggus right after I tamed Gezz... probably within 1-3 days after the initial patch... but I don't want to drag my guild into BWL if me being a L.80 non-ICCed geared hunter will hinder me from nabbing him.

Opinions? Any suggestions other than to wait til L.85, because I don't want to. :P
I believe you do need to ticket a GM to get past Chromaggus. Alas this'll probably take a few days. I'd actually get that out of the way asap and extend the raid lock so you can get in there and tame as soon as you can.

As for the tame itself, you should be fine. He shouldn't do too much damage to a level 80.

If you're really worried, grab a trash core hound for ancient hysteria to speed up the tame :)

Anyia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Anyia »

Airrana wrote:My boyfriend and I 2 manned up to chromaggus on live..
Alright, I stand corrected! Nice going!

*eyes potential "volunteers" in the guild for a 4.0.3a run*

@Moonlost: There has been some noise about raid locks getting discarded when 4.0.3a hits - I recall reading a blue linked via MMO-C saying that might happen. That's not to say you shouldn't prepare a raid lock, just giving you a heads up it might disappear...
Hero
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Hero »

Keleri wrote:If you tame Chromaggus, does that count as him being killed? It would be easier to tame him if we didn't have to do BWL twice (my other friend, a hunter, will def want him).
yes taming him is like killing him in that the fights over u move on