The token elusive rare

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Cozzene
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

The token elusive rare

Unread post by Cozzene »

Every hunter has one! What rare have you been hunting mercilessly for ages, but still don't have yet?
<<King Krush hunter here. I'm ready to start crying lol.
Redith
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: several

Re: The token elusive rare

Unread post by Redith »

Yha Im still Krushing on the big greene
Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nordrassil

Unread post by Gimlion »

Loque... Loque... I can find Gondria, I found and gave away Arcturis. I found KK back when I was too low to tame, and Spared him Death by DK with a Death by Hunter instead, I found and gave away Aotona (now that I'm somewhat interested in her...) I technically found skoll, even though I was AFK and didn't get to tame him... But I've only ever found Loque's corpse, or once while he was getting killed by a pally (Pally was innocent, and just simply killing him for the achievement, not cruelty or violence). So loque, definitely.

Sig made by the Wonderful Serenith!

"You cannot judge me, I am Justice itself! We were meant for more than this, to protect the innocent. But, if our precious laws bind you all to inaction, then I will no longer stand as your brother." - Tyrael
Novikova
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

Skoll. :( Been looking ever since 3.2. Sigh.
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

King Mosh.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

I'm a King Krush crier as well. I've had him killed out frmo under me twice now. :( In fact, looking at this posting reminded me that I hadn't checked Sholazar in a bit. *zooms out for a whirl around* One day you will be mine, Fanged Lime...
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Airrana
Realm: Korgath

Unread post by Airrana »

For the longest time, it was loque (seen 2 other times since), I have him now.. (after over a year of off and on looking some days spending 8 hours and never even seeing him dead). Gondria (seen 4 times since).. took 3 days, arcturis (only seen once) took about 16 hours 8 hours straight 2 days in a row, and skoll (seen 5 times since) i let come to me, took about 3 months (searched hard for 2 weeks then let chance happen), but one day i was just doing the polar bear daily and just stumbled upon him.

I am A Krushing on the Krush just an hour ago.. npcscan went off and someone yells "GO GET 'EM KRUSH!! :D" and of course.. I had JUST missed him, when I didnt want to find him.. I had seen him 4 times, now that I'm dying to find him (have had numerous dreams) He isnt showing! :( makes me want to cry :cry: seen him once dead.. heartbreaking.. anyways, that's my story.

Alliance: Airrana-90 Hunter-Korgath Seiren-90 Druid-Korgath

Horde: Shirianu-80 Druid-Gorgonnash

Airrana's Stable!

Airrana's Mounts!

Airrana's Battle Pets!

Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

King Krush...Hunters been parked in the basin for so long now, My paladins almost 80! and so's my Warlock! But I guess tonight, I need to park everyone in a safe location. I'll come back for Krush later.

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

clinkz
Realm: Jubei Thos

Unread post by clinkz »

Loque'nahak for me
Gumballs
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Gumballs »

Well to be totally honest... no one. I've tamed every rare I want without having to camp (excluding Aotona and Arcturis).

King Krush twice. One before 4.0 (solo tamed in one shot) and once post 4.0 just because I could NOT find someone else to tame him, I didn't want to kill, and I wanted to see how easy the tame was compared to my own.

Loque twice. Found him while camping Ao, then abandoned. Found the day after 4.0 again on a flyby.

Gondria three times. First time I clicked, the other times I didn't. It was sad but I've decided to leave her out of my stables permanently now and stick to the 'alive' version of my Shiboo.

Aotona once, I was very happy when I finally got her.

Skoll once, and he is still my favourite spirit beast. <3

Mosh twice. First time abandoned for a failed KK tame, and then I got him back after 4.0 <3

Arcturis once. I never really clicked and I abandoned him for The Beast pre 4.0. Now I've decided I want to get him again, so I have been sitting at his spawn point for about a week and a half now. I wouldn't say I am actively camping, nor would I say he is the 'token' rare that is avoiding me. I havn't been looking for months nor have I had him killed/stolen from under me (except for when I camped for him the first time..)

I do want Arcturis, especially since the harry potter geek in me wants my own Patronus, but I'm not stressing about this tame. I'm content with my stables, though he would be a nice addition. :)
Rejoined the hunt after a lengthy break... feels good!
Setanta
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Terrokar, Dentarg, Alexstrasza

Unread post by Setanta »

Loque is definitely the one that seeks to elude me. I got Skoll within 10 minutes of setting up camp, Arcturis on my first day of actual camping that wasn't being disrupted by an Orc periodically landing and calling his tamed version out, I've seen Aotona a good 5 or 6 times, and King Krush once and tamed him. But Loque has been eluding me for weeks.

Sargman (Void Elf) Terokkar
Serkrun (Orc) Dentarg
Untamabull (Tauren) Area 52
Sargmar (Blood Elf) Alexstrasza

If you're taking my posts 100% seriously, you're probably 150% too serious to read them.
Chin Music

Unread post by Chin Music »

I've spent probably over 24 hours total camping Skoll over a period of about 3 days. I've seen his corpse once and that's it. I've offered a thousand gold to anyone who tells me when he spawns. I've been killed dozens of times by griefers and other campers. Not one of them has persisted in their search like I have. The respawn timer is completely nonsensical.

I'm pretty sick of this. All I wanted was a cool looking pet from the Spirit Beast family. This is a pretty petty way to keep certain things rare.
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

There aren't any that fit that for me right now. When I had the urge to get the Spirit Beasts I just camped each one for a day maximum. I can bet in Cataclysm though with Terrorpene and Madexx I'll have some competition. ;)
Brainader
Realm: The Maelstrom

Unread post by Brainader »

I actually have all i wanted so far, except for the now Cata pets tho. The fireturtle, ashtail and so on.
Remember having spent 6 hours camping for Arcturis, and when I was about to exit, the 20sec logout, Arcturis spawned xD
Having all 4 spirit beasts, with Loque as the last i got.
My latest find, that i've been looking for, for some time is Uhk'loc, that i got for about 1 week ago :D
Cerah
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Alterac Mtns, Maelstrom, Nesingwary, Silver Hand

Unread post by Cerah »

Was hunting Loque for a month straight in the Basin, with not even a corpse sighting. So I've resigned to just keeping an eye out for him when I go to get a new Oracles Egg from now on. If I find him, I find him. If not, I still have two other spirit beasts that I just love, so it's not a big deal.

Visit Pop Seagull Publishing
Original Canadian Science Fiction, Fantasy and Horror
Sleep is Temporary. Reading is Forever!

Jangalian
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Jangalian »

Nothing atm. I have Krush, and all 4 spirit beasts, so...yeah. I'm bored. :(
( •_•) Many whelps!
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■) Handle it.
Novikova
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

Only camped a day max for each? x_x WTB your luck.
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Warfish
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Maelstrom

Unread post by Warfish »

Arcturis. Only Spirit Beast thats proving truly painful to aquire.
Skyshot
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Fizzcrank US

Unread post by Skyshot »

My rare is a northrend mob but it's not one I'm setting out to tame.. It is an infamous time sucker that I'm sure many of you can already guess what is it by now.
Time-Lost Proto-Drake... Yup. Saw that coming didn't you? :lol:

<My whelps - My Dragons>
"It's not denial. I'm just very selective about the reality I accept."
-Calvin and Hobbes

Shade
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Alliance: Garona; Horde: Nordrassil

Unread post by Shade »

Skoll was my first, took a few days of checking to find.

My hardest to tame was Loque-had four months of what felt like nonstop camping for him-only ever found him dead.

What was funny was I found him after I had given up and was flying by to go pick up one of the eggs from the Oracles. About five mins later I decided to check on Gondria just for the heck of it, and after all the time it took me to get to the other side of Northend I was pretty sure I wouldn't find her. Flew by and there she was. Got her on the same day.

I was pretty hyped. Got Arcticus a few days later while flying by and helping my lowbie hunter friend level in that area.