Sabercat List

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Sabercat List

Unread post by Acherontia »

Bored, account time ran out; decided to make a chart of the new/transforming saber cats, complete with Petopia green, for reference.

Is it accurate?
Attachments
Sabers.png
Sabers.png (625.61 KiB) Viewed 912 times
Nightsights
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Gilneas-US

Re: Sabercat List

Unread post by Nightsights »

looks right to me
Urukhu
Realm: Hyjal US

Unread post by Urukhu »

Should the new lion model be added? I know he's not a "saber cat", but I believe he's the same model -- just with a massive, ginormous mane. Just a thought.
Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

I'm fairly certain Sambas is his own, new, hi-res model. (Or possibly the new druid cats, altered)

I also think he's rather ugly. *ducks*
Ryai
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Ryai »

Acherontia wrote:I'm fairly certain Sambas is his own, new, hi-res model. (Or possibly the new druid cats, altered)

Plz no popshots at Sambas, as there's quite a few fans of him who think the old world lions are absolutely horrendous.

Anyways no he is and he isn't- he is a new high res skin and half model on a riding tiger or basic cat frame. Leading to what looks like some wonky proportions but then again this is wow and you can't have your cake and eat it too at times.

Hope Dishu soon makes the list for changed skins, would love another low level riding cat :<
Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

In all honesty he wouldn't bother me so much if his mane weren't dragging on the ground :lol:

But yeah, haven't had the chance to see him in the flesh yet, but I knew he wasn't a riding model.
Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Sambas isn't a saber cat, so he doesn't belong on the list. Whether anyone likes or doesn't like his look doesn't matter.

That appears to be all the changers + Duskfang. Nicely done.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Urukhu
Realm: Hyjal US

Unread post by Urukhu »

I actually agree with you. I think he's kind of ugly -- mostly due to his mane is stupidly large.
Bodhran
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Alexstrasza

Unread post by Bodhran »

Acherontia wrote:I'm fairly certain Sambas is his own, new, hi-res model. (Or possibly the new druid cats, altered)

Urukhu wrote:I actually agree with you. I think he's kind of ugly -- mostly due to his mane is stupidly large.
^Both these... though he is cool enough looking in spite of his mane that I know I'll be getting around to him sooner or later in Cata. The new hi-res model is very nice.

As far as the OP I grabbed all of the cats minus Rak as I've never had any luck camping him.

Anyone know if Duskfang will be up with 4.0.3a? (or w/e the next patch is)

ImageImage
ImageImage

Hunter:
-Hunters now earn Valor Points when they are effectively Vote Kicked from a Dungeon Finder group.
-Ettin’s Grip (new talent) allows the hunter to equip two ranged weapons simultaneously.

Dream skins to tame:
Fandral Staghelm Fire Cat Form. Kor'kron War/Veteran/Warbringer of the Horde PVP wolf mount. Xuen/Litter of Xuen! Legion Wolf Boss.
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Bodhran wrote:Anyone know if Duskfang will be up with 4.0.3a? (or w/e the next patch is)
He is.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

ZeroEdgeir
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Korialstrasz-US

Unread post by ZeroEdgeir »

So they ARE giving us access to the white w/ black stripes saber model (Had only seen it as the Night Elf starting pet).

Now I have to debate: Keep Stiria as the blue model (Sky-Rotam) or go Rak'shiri hunting for the white w/ black....

Note: Yes, I realize that Stiria is the black-skinned sister with the white patch on her eye, while Nix is the white-skinned with black patch on her eye. May correct that shortly...
Skrimir - Level 85, and never did a single Northrend or Cataclysm Quest/Dungeon. Gogo Archaeology!
My Stables - Still trying to find a name for my Raptor, in a Final Fantasy genre-styling.
Ikult
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary (horde); Moon Guard (alli)

Unread post by Ikult »

Amazing! Thank you SO MUCH for making this!! I can't wait for my kittys to "shed" and grow up! <3 <3
Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

So we have....eight(?) saber cat models now? Teal tiger, lavender tiger, white tiger, orange tiger, melanistic tiger, black panther, white leopard, yellow leopard. Did I miss any?

That's pretty cool, though, I'm so glad they're finally giving these to us. I always wanted one but wasn't too crazy about the teal and lavender tigers. Then they added the yellow leopards and while they were better, they still weren't my thing. Now I can finally get my panther!!! :3

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Worba
Realm: Uther, Zangarmarsh, Shu'halo, Fenris, Quel'Thalas+
Location: In Sethekk Halls, bothering Anzu (90 runs and counting)

Unread post by Worba »

He's actually a Hedge Cat - a rare species that evolved to look much like a shrubbery when sitting very still, lulling herbivorous prey into coming over to munch on some leaves then... BAM he explodes into action!
Victorelle
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Kilrogg (US)

Unread post by Victorelle »

awesome job :3
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Rhyela wrote:I always wanted one but wasn't too crazy about the teal and lavender tigers. Then they added the yellow leopards and while they were better, they still weren't my thing.
So much this for me as well. Loved the sabre model, but the bright pastel colours weren't my thing. Cheetah models were also not my thing. I had visions of taming a beautiful black saber cat in the future, one that would really suit my tastes.

But now I have Azzam. :lol:
Kaleos
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Ner'zhul/Nesingwary

Unread post by Kaleos »

*checks off list* Perfect, all I need is Duskfang. Great list, glad you posted it, besides him I just need to tam Chromaggus and my stables are complete.
For just one click a day, you too can sponsor a squiby pet. Do it! :D