Pet Themes

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Raydex-of-the-dawn
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Dawnbringer

Pet Themes

Unread post by Raydex-of-the-dawn »

Does anyone else have one? Raydex recently became a silithid hunter, with 2 tank silithids (Soriid and a blue), a colossus (Harakiss), a beetle (blue), two wasps (Zora and a blue), and a worker (Swarmer). :D She still has all her wind serpents and crocs, too. :D I couldn't believe that I got server-first for Harakiss AND Zora! :O
Attachments
The Hivelord :D
The Hivelord :D
Despair 2.PNG (400.81 KiB) Viewed 1282 times
One of the tanks
One of the tanks
Misery.PNG (227.18 KiB) Viewed 1282 times

GreenSea
Realm: Lightninghoof

Re: Pet Themes

Unread post by GreenSea »

My theme is kinda lame, but I like it. I really like the color green, so I try to make all my pets green, or at the very least have green eyes. Hardest addition to this group has been the devilsaur. I mean I reallly, reaaaaaaaaaalllly want Krush, but I've back and forth between settling on the tyrant devilsaur for the green eyes. Shango and the orange foxes follow the same pattern. So it's a theme with a lot more variety than I expected.
Ariamodasu
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Hellscream (EU) | Terokkar (EU) | Bloodhoof (EU)

Unread post by Ariamodasu »

Sendeni: Burd pets for 20 slots, due to lack of tank pets filling that I leave 5 for others.
Keae: White pets only.
Zeraph: Dead/diseased/ghost pets only.

Then Mitsuko my highest Hunter has just about anything else. I only have several Hunters due to the fact there's too much cool burds/dead things for one stable.
My main's a Druid so I of course love critters. That counts for something right? Right?

-

Rest in Peace Yasindra/Ryai
Isaba
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Alleria~Nesingwary

Unread post by Isaba »

my pets don't have a theme really o.o but I love coming up with backstorys for them as to why they are with my hunter

*GenderQueer*Gay*Furry*Hunter*
I am who I am, and I am Happy.

Branan
Realm: Steamwheedle Cartel

Unread post by Branan »

I had a red pet theme for a while: red hyena, cat, gorilla, wolf, raptor, etc. But the only one remaining from that is (was) my hyena. I plan to amend that problem after Thanksgiving. :)
Jadvya
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard US

Unread post by Jadvya »

Almost all of Jadvya's pets (with the exception of Krush, Sian-Rotam, Sapphire Hive Queen, and a BRD bloodhound) are Outlands/draenei starting area species like warp stalkers, nether ray, ravager, ect. or colors that can be found in Outlands/draenei starting area, like my gray demon dog and brown tiger.
Shade
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Alliance: Garona; Horde: Nordrassil

Unread post by Shade »

Ghost theme for me, lol. I have all the spirit beasts so far, and all but two of the possible ghostly skinned pets (not counting the small ghost blue wolf that I wasn't even playing wow in time to get). I'm not that fond of birds though, so I am not sure if I want the ghostly green two headed and the ghostly green owl. Also not sure if I want to go after the crab spirit beast. Might be like the bear, I'll take it if I come across it, but otherwise I'm not going to hunt him down.

My 'ghostly' pets include:
-Loque'nahak
-Skoll
-Arcticus
-Gondria
-The two ghostly Karazhan demon dogs
-The Lone Hunter
-Oil Stained Wolf
-Ghost Saber
-Diseased Eagle (skeletons counts as ghostly, right?)
Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nordrassil

Unread post by Gimlion »

On my Baby NE, I have a LoTR theme, where all my pets are named after places in Middle-Earth/tolkien mythos. Moria, my ghost saber, Fangorn my Clutchmother, and a few others that I can't think of. But those two are my favorite pets on Galadone.. xD

Sig made by the Wonderful Serenith!

"You cannot judge me, I am Justice itself! We were meant for more than this, to protect the innocent. But, if our precious laws bind you all to inaction, then I will no longer stand as your brother." - Tyrael
Maqueda
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Whisperwind, Horde

Unread post by Maqueda »

I had originally intended to go with a sort of colour-related theme for my two hunters. One would collect the (mostly) "warm" tone pets; red, yellow, orange, brown, and black. My other hunter would collect the cooler tones; blue, green, purple, grey, and white. This has somewhat degenerated because of my love of ghostly pets.

It started on my main hunter with my Grimtotem Spirit Guide. I figured I'd just work him into the theme because he's bluish, and everything would work out as planned. Well... Then I decided to get the Ghost Saber.. Then, for a time, I was pining for my beloved ghost hydra, whom I was never able to get to. Then I got the Disembodied Jormungar. So by this time I had three ghostly pets, and though I suppose I could have still continued with my original colour theme, I decided spectral pets were just more fun. And then I ended up with the Silithid Swarmer, which, of course, is brown, so that shot the theme all to hell. Now my theme for my main hunter, Maqueda, is more of a Rare/Retired/Ghostly theme, and the theme for my other hunter, Mogrika, is mostly "red, and variations thereof".

As for naming themes, I don't necessarily have one for all my pets, but I have a few I like to choose from. I love naming my pets after stars or celestial bodies, and I have this weird fascination with colours in other languages, as well as deities from various pantheons. Maybe some day I'll get super bored and decide to subject you all to pictures of my in-game babies. :twisted:
If you don't like it, fix it. If you don't fix it, deal with it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Your: As in "Your grammar sucks."
You're: As in "You're an idiot for not knowing the difference."
Wark
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Earthen Ring-US

Unread post by Wark »

My backup hunter, my dwarf, was originally a raptor tamer. In the intervening years she's branched out a bit, but if her stable isn't at least half raptors everything just feels wrong.

Curiously, I have no real attachment to raptors on my other characters-- they're neat enough, nothing amazing. It's just on this one alt that they're elevated to the Best Pet.
Hesantia
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: The Maelstrom

Unread post by Hesantia »

I only really have one hunter (made an UD yesterday, yay!) so I tend to just take the ones I want. But since I am really a looks kind of person, if I have to choose between two pets, I go with the one that fits my draenei the most. And that usually results in something blue or blueish since it feels like they are bonded if they share the same colour (not necessary the blue skin colour on draeneis, although she has it, but rather the thought of Gift of the Naaru being blue)

I was originally going for a black-pets-theme, but they don't make nearly as many black pets that are awesome, as they make white ones that are ;)

Sig by me ^^

Cialbi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Cenarion Circle (US-Alliance)

Unread post by Cialbi »

Wark wrote:My backup hunter, my dwarf, was originally a raptor tamer. In the intervening years she's branched out a bit, but if her stable isn't at least half raptors everything just feels wrong.

Curiously, I have no real attachment to raptors on my other characters-- they're neat enough, nothing amazing. It's just on this one alt that they're elevated to the Best Pet.
It would seem that you also have a theme of exoskeletal pets there ;)
_

As for myself, it used to be white pets. At one point, it occurred to me that I was constantly taming white pets, so I then consciously tried to maintain the trend. Then I tamed my Silithid Ravager (got super-lucky on that tame; no camping or anything), and that kinda ruined the pattern as I quickly grew quite fond of my dancing silithid. Then I tamed Argolak, my armored boar. I could have maintained the theme there, but I much preferred the skin on the Rotting Agam'ar over the Raging Agam'ar. Then I swapped out Timber for a Shattered Hand Warhound, The Kurken for The Beast, and replaced my albino croc with Ghamoo-ra because I wanted a better tank (this was before the Cataclysm Beta had even begun), and wound up with no white pets whatsoever :|
Still, the only tame I regret is having gotten rid of Timber. A level 10 dwarf solo-taming Timber was almost as hard as a level 80 dwarf taming The Beast with a resto shaman. Now Timber is almost certainly extinct :cry:
SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Drenden/illidan

Unread post by SylviaDragon »

i had a hardcore reptile and a black and white theme going for a bit. but now i have 3 themes working atm.
a lil bit of a dragon theme going on. chimeras, warpies, and i am working twords my dragon puppy.
big silithid theme. got the ant, the tank, the worker, may go for a wasp too. (im big on pvp so i use theseg uys the most)
and i didnt even notice but i have a thing for seethrough pets going on. ghost saber, the new jade owl, the bird spirit in blades edge and im about to get my kara puppies and my lone hunter.
xD so many things to tame now! its good to be a hunter

Gentlemanne

Unread post by Gentlemanne »

I plan to have an undead theme on my undead hunter; diseased wolves and bears, undead swine, bonespider, disembodied jormungar, ghost saber and a white devilsaur.
ZeroEdgeir
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Korialstrasz-US

Unread post by ZeroEdgeir »

I got no visual theme, but I got a naming one too.

Every pet holds a Final Fantasy creature/Eidolon/Esper name.

Maduin my Spirit Beast (Gondria), Bahamut is my Devilsaur (Black Skin), Stiria and Nix for my Cats (Blue Saber, Black w/ White Stripes), Adamantoise is my Turtle (Ghamoo-rah), Carbuncle for my Fox (White), Sandy, Cindy, and Mindy for my 2 Silithids and Wasp (Sandy is a Red normal Silithid, Cindy is the Tan Ant Silithid, Mindy is a Yellow Wasp silithid), Leviathan is my Worm (Rattlebore), Cerberus is my Core Hound (Kurken)...

There is a few more too, but that is the majority of em.
Skrimir - Level 85, and never did a single Northrend or Cataclysm Quest/Dungeon. Gogo Archaeology!
My Stables - Still trying to find a name for my Raptor, in a Final Fantasy genre-styling.
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Lisaara - Orcish pets(Wolves & SBs mainly)
Taluwen - Troll pets(Raptors & SBs mainly)
Future Worgen-to-be - Canine pets(Wolf, Dog, Corehound, Skoll, Karoma)
Future Undead hunter - rotting, dead pets.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Kikanu
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Shadowsong

Unread post by Kikanu »

My theme is mainly naming based on mythology and science.

Current pets;
- Garnet - Springpaw Lynx
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lynx_%28my ... _Mythology
- Courtaud - Lone Hunter
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolves_of_Paris
- Inuka - Arcturis
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inuka
- Chrysocolla - Aotona
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chrysocolla
- Báleygr - Chromaggus
"Flaming Eye, Shifty Eyed", another name for Odin of Norse Mythology
- Scylla - Nuramoc
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scylla
- Eurus - Brown Sporebat
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eurus#East ... 28Eurus.29
- Jörmungandr - Iceheart Jormungar Spawn
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jormungandr
- Raksasa - Daggertail Lizard
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Komodo_dragon#Etymology
- Tokka - Ghamoo-ra
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tokka_and_Rahzar
- Hormiga - Silithid Swarmer
Spanish for Ant
- Ganon - Felboar
http://www.zeldawiki.org/Ganon
- Holocyclus x 2 - Hive Controller and Lord Kri
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ixodes_holocyclus

Cata Pets;
- King - Spineshell Pincer
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King_crab
- Fossus - Crimson Shale Spider
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fossil
- Tjetet - Madexx (Green variant)
http://www.egyptianmyths.net/mythscorpion.htm

Only one pet for future tames is unnamed so far, and it's a Riverbed Crocolisk, the "Brown Cataclysm Crocolisk" model. Might not bother with it as I've got enough tenacity pets, and crocs just don't suit my fancy.
WoW, where is my KAMEN RIDER BEETLE LARVA PET?
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

My two hunter alts each have their own sort of theme.

Gazini, my Troll huntress, has all of her pets named after Voodoo Loa or African Gods. It's a fun theme, and I try to stick with beasts that are Troll-appropriate.

Spiders, my Undead huntress, is going to have every spider model tamed. That leaves me with 3 extra pet slots I believe, so I'll at least grab a suitable tenacity and ferocity pet to flesh out the stable.