Help me pick a pet!

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.

Which one should I choose?

Nuramoc
14%
Grubthor/Oozeworm
32%
Sapphire Hive Queen
54%

Total votes: 28

Jadvya
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard US

Help me pick a pet!

Unread post by Jadvya »

I'm notoriously bad at settling on a set 5 pets. >< My stable is more-or-less filled until Cataclysm (at least) with 4 pets, and my 5th stable slot is where the issue comes in.

Currently I've got a chimera named Khaleesi, originally Nuramoc, who I grabbed for PvP... However, I'm not that big on PvP in general (bad at it, oh so very bad), so I'm not entirely keen on her. My other two choices are a golden worm or the Sapphire Hive Queen; I talked to a GM and they said they could restore a pet given the rough date ownership, name, type, that sort of thing. So I can't pick between the three, and this is where you all come in. <3

Just as a rough requirement for Jaddy's pets (since I RP with them); she enjoys taming ferocious, dangerous beasts to prove how skilled at beast mastery she is, and they tend to be rare and interesting colors.

NURAMOC:
Pros: Outlands chimera fits a draenei very well, one of the coolest-looking pets in the game imo, Froststorm Breath is amazing in PvP, she brings back good memories of hunting through Netherstorm on Halloween a year ago before Wrath hit.
Cons: Huge wings get in the way and clip through my toon, Cunning isn't a fabulous tree, I'm not a hardcore PvPer and I can't really use her for anything else, the fact that she's constantly flying bothers me. Easy to tame. No idle animations.

GRUBTHOR/OOZEWORM:
Pros: So. Damn. Adorable. I'd name him Leto. Gorgeous color of gold and nice green eyes. Looks very personable (as much as a worm can be), and Acid Spit would be great for raiding/5-mans come pet talent tree selection. No one uses old-school worms, gold ones even less so. Loveable "looking around" idle animation and amusing swim animation.
Cons: Tenacity; I've already got my warp stalker for tanking and Acid Spit wouldn't help much as a tank (for holding aggro or something), and he'd be awkward to drag along to raids. Too cute to be threatening. In and of themselves worms, even 12-feet-long worms, are silly.

SAPPHIRE HIVE QUEEN:
Pros: Unobtainable skin that I never see anyone with anyway, intimidating-looking, purple-orange-yellow coloring is lovely, looks like the old AQ boss. Sting skill would be useful in raiding when I tire of my wolf and PvP. Idle animation where she cleans her arms is adorable.
Cons: Massive. Absolutely massive. Kind of creepy-in-a-bad-way. I've got 3 Ferocity pets already. She has this little spot between her eyes that looks like a raised, screaming face and I can't unsee it.

So vote away, and help me here? :3
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Re: Help me pick a pet!

Unread post by Vephriel »

My vote's for the Hive Queen. I love the wasp model, I have the blue one myself, and I think they're just awesome looking regardless of size. :) In fact I love that they're so big since sometimes pets shrink so drastically it's not as fun.
Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master
Realm: US Grizzly Hills, Deathwing, Wyrmrest Accord
Location: Wandering aimlessly under the effect of the Curse of Burgy BlackheaLET'S BUCKLE SOME SWASH!!

Unread post by Ryno »

Have to say the worm. One of my favorite models as far as pets go, and that color is my favorite.

You could say your hunter was ambushed by him in the middle of a sandstorm, epic battle, yadda yadda yadda, tamed him for a pet!

Doglover1335
Realm: The Sckryers

Unread post by Doglover1335 »

Well now the Wasp Queen cant be tamed :( she was a very cool unshrinking pet,if you still want one theres always the purple regulars.
Aspect of the Adected.
Kroxis
Realm: Daggerspine -US

Unread post by Kroxis »

I voted for the wasp. I'm not a fan of the old worms, and I would not even get a wrath worm if it was not for one rarer variety I see very few with on daggerspine. The disembodied jormungers (A ghostly see through variant of the wrath spikey worms).

I'm also not a big chimera fan, for the slot of sometimes pvp cunning pet I prefer my white sillithid from shimmering flats.

For you though I see you ending up with the worm. It seemed the least traumatic to you from your descriptions. :mrgreen:
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

I have both the golden worm and the blue wasp, but the worm is so rare that i have to vote on it.. plus its sooo shiny! :)

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

I actually have the Queen, and she's the coolest pet around. I don't have my normal computer here, it's rather broken atm, but when I get it back I can get ya some screencaps. I'd go for the purple wasps that are near here tough, they're almost as big as the queen, and they look cool, too.

Grubthor is cool too!

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Nikrosnil
Haiku Master
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Nikrosnil »

I vote for the wasp queen, much more interesting as a pet.

Rhaethe
Realm: Earthen Ring

Unread post by Rhaethe »

Definitely the worm. I don't believe I've ever seen anyone with one o.O
Jadvya
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard US

Unread post by Jadvya »

Okay, when I came home this morning, I decided I'd ask for my wasp back, but just to be sure, I went to Sholazar and tamed one of the blue ones for a comparison. The constant wing flapping made my head hurt, and the shrieking noises/size were just too much. So now it's on to a pretty yellow worm. :D Thanks for the help, all!
Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master
Realm: US Grizzly Hills, Deathwing, Wyrmrest Accord
Location: Wandering aimlessly under the effect of the Curse of Burgy BlackheaLET'S BUCKLE SOME SWASH!!

Unread post by Ryno »

Jadvya wrote:Okay, when I came home this morning, I decided I'd ask for my wasp back, but just to be sure, I went to Sholazar and tamed one of the blue ones for a comparison. The constant wing flapping made my head hurt, and the shrieking noises/size were just too much. So now it's on to a pretty yellow worm. :D Thanks for the help, all!
Too bad you can give hunter pets to other players, adopt a pet feature... I'm sure plenty of people would like the wasp. ;)