A little overboard blizz...

12gunner
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: nesingwary

A little overboard blizz...

Unread post by 12gunner »

Today I log in at the orgrimmar inn as always and decided I would pester gamon a little to see If my pets were any different. So I get out my monkey an send him in to attack and as usual gamon one hits him and I TRY to feign death but gamon didn't like the idea so he used a new charge ability and takes out his new shiny gigantic ax and cuts me in half if that isn't bad enough I res and try to use crowd control on him an surprise surprise he's immune and I take another ax to the head. Can't wait till cataclysm and he turns out to be friends with every single end game raid boss that ever lived.
Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: A little overboard blizz...

Unread post by Lupis »

Heh. I don't think it's overboard, really, I think it's just funny. xD
Poor Gamon has been killed over and over.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

VelkynKarma
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Quel'Dorei, Nessingwary
Location: Saturo's necromancy class. Karma = World's Worst Necromancer.

Unread post by VelkynKarma »

Indeed. First getting ganked by even lowbies. Then getting ganked in full-scale Gamon Raids. I think the poor guy needs a chance to defend himself...even if it will probably only spawn 40-mans to take him down now XD

~VelkynKarma

Silinrul and Jiaphyon of <Ominous Latin Name>

A big thanks to Vephriel for the awesome signature :)

Help my Dragons

Anyia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Jubei'Thos (US/Oceania)

Unread post by Anyia »

VelkynKarma wrote:even if it will probably only spawn 40-mans to take him down now XD
Well that should make those old-schoolers who've been lamenting the loss of 40-man raiding happy then! :lol:
VelkynKarma
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Anyia wrote:
VelkynKarma wrote:even if it will probably only spawn 40-mans to take him down now XD
Well that should make those old-schoolers who've been lamenting the loss of 40-man raiding happy then! :lol:
For Hordies, certainly.

Now I would LOVE to see an ALLIANCE Gamon raid. Because that would be epic. XD

~VelkynKarma

Help my Dragons

Bulletdance
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Vek'nilash

Unread post by Bulletdance »

VelkynKarma wrote:
Anyia wrote:
For Hordies, certainly.

Now I would LOVE to see an ALLIANCE Gamon raid. Because that would be epic. XD

~VelkynKarma
We had a guy break into org to try to solo him. :lol:
Cerah
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Alterac Mtns, Maelstrom, Nesingwary, Silver Hand

Unread post by Cerah »

Gamon seems to be the new Hogger, so I have no doubt he'll be a dungeon/raid boss eventually ;)

Visit Pop Seagull Publishing
Original Canadian Science Fiction, Fantasy and Horror
Sleep is Temporary. Reading is Forever!

erwil
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by erwil »

I'm sorry about this but.. I can't help but being extremely amused, whenever I see a lowbie or some pvp champion carelessly charging Gamon. I occasionally pull up a chair and spend a few hours in the inn chatting to the bar tender and just enjoying the show our clueless comrades provide me. And of course ressing them whenever they meet their inevitable doom.
Ryai
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Ryai »

VelkynKarma wrote:Indeed. First getting ganked by even lowbies. Then getting ganked in full-scale Gamon Raids. I think the poor guy needs a chance to defend himself...even if it will probably only spawn 40-mans to take him down now XD

~VelkynKarma
Well remember on the Beta he was evidently hitting peiple for 130~k per hit..
VelkynKarma
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Ryai wrote:
VelkynKarma wrote:Indeed. First getting ganked by even lowbies. Then getting ganked in full-scale Gamon Raids. I think the poor guy needs a chance to defend himself...even if it will probably only spawn 40-mans to take him down now XD

~VelkynKarma
Yes, but you're forgetting the golden rule of WoW:

If it can be attacked, somebody will figure out how to kill it. Somehow.

~VelkynKarma

Help my Dragons

Ryai
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Ryai »

VelkynKarma wrote:
Ryai wrote:

~VelkynKarma
Yes, but you're forgetting the golden rule of WoW:

If it can be attacked, somebody will figure out how to kill it. Somehow.

~VelkynKarma
I think you missread- I was actually suggesting it will probably spawn atleast 15 man raids to try and take Gamon down as if he does hit for 130k per hit, without crits, that's easily 1/5th of standard tank health pools- and needless to say he is most likely gonna be stealth buffed a bit here and there since it seems Blizz doesn't want us facerolling Gamon [ergo the immunity to CC]
Aleu
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord.

Unread post by Aleu »

The best part? He still attacks Death Knights who wander too close to the Inn when coming to talk to Garrosh. Tis my daily amusement. |3

NEW SIGNATURE PENDING... SOON.
{Flight Rising}

VelkynKarma
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Ryai wrote:
I think you missread- I was actually suggesting it will probably spawn atleast 15 man raids to try and take Gamon down as if he does hit for 130k per hit, without crits, that's easily 1/5th of standard tank health pools- and needless to say he is most likely gonna be stealth buffed a bit here and there since it seems Blizz doesn't want us facerolling Gamon [ergo the immunity to CC]
Aaah, my bad. I'm still not very good with health pools and numbers and such XD This is why I don't tank!
Aleu wrote:The best part? He still attacks Death Knights who wander too close to the Inn when coming to talk to Garrosh. Tis my daily amusement. |3
That's hilarious! What an intro to the Horde XD "Hey, so, sorry about that whole burning and pillaging thing, we're here to help you outOHGAWD HE'S BEATING ON ME AND HE WON'T STOP--"

~VelkynKarma

Help my Dragons

Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter

Unread post by Lisaara »

12gunner wrote:Today I log in at the orgrimmar inn as always and decided I would pester gamon a little to see If my pets were any different. So I get out my monkey an send him in to attack and as usual gamon one hits him and I TRY to feign death but gamon didn't like the idea so he used a new charge ability and takes out his new shiny gigantic ax and cuts me in half if that isn't bad enough I res and try to use crowd control on him an surprise surprise he's immune and I take another ax to the head. Can't wait till cataclysm and he turns out to be friends with every single end game raid boss that ever lived.
There was updates about this. Should probably pay close attention to them next time. ;)

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Striv
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Earthen Ring//Twisting Nether

Unread post by Striv »

yeah in all honesty im happy they made gamon that way, lol. i logged in the other day to my orc huntress and there was pretty much a raid group trying to kill him and they eventually did. made me sad. he killed most of them but in the end he died. : \ im happy they gave him charge and a shiny axe ^^ so now people will struggle more :P he deserves to be a threat!!!
fatman
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Aman'Thul (both sides)

Unread post by fatman »

I approve of this! Exclamation point!
Anansi
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Anansi »

Taluwen wrote:
12gunner wrote:Today I log in at the orgrimmar inn as always and decided I would pester gamon a little to see If my pets were any different. So I get out my monkey an send him in to attack and as usual gamon one hits him and I TRY to feign death but gamon didn't like the idea so he used a new charge ability and takes out his new shiny gigantic ax and cuts me in half if that isn't bad enough I res and try to use crowd control on him an surprise surprise he's immune and I take another ax to the head. Can't wait till cataclysm and he turns out to be friends with every single end game raid boss that ever lived.
There was updates about this. Should probably pay close attention to them next time. ;)
Indeed. The new Gamon is nothing short of Utterly Awesome. I love seeing dead players all over Org, the result of people trying to kill Gamon.

By the way Taluwen, how did your awesome looking Troll get a Blood Elf pet? That's neato! :p
The Number Nine
Realm: Kul Tiras

Unread post by The Number Nine »

Gamon needs to have a 2-min cooldown that casts Apocalypse.
Or This.
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Anansi wrote:
Taluwen wrote:
Indeed. The new Gamon is nothing short of Utterly Awesome. I love seeing dead players all over Org, the result of people trying to kill Gamon.

By the way Taluwen, how did your awesome looking Troll get a Blood Elf pet? That's neato! :p
LOL! Taluwen IS the Blood Elf....but I guess you could say Rokhan keeps her as a pet of sorts.....XD

I love watching people get ROFLPWND by Gamon. It's amusing.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Aleu
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord.

Unread post by Aleu »

The Number Nine wrote:Gamon needs to have a 2-min cooldown that casts Apocalypse.
Or This.
I dunno I think this might work better for him. ;3

Edit! This might work too!

NEW SIGNATURE PENDING... SOON.
{Flight Rising}