So it starts.. What 4 pets are you bringing?..

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Sorcha Ravenlock
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Darkmoon Faire

Re: So it starts.. What 4 pets are you bringing?..

Unread post by Sorcha Ravenlock »

I hit 80 (my first level 80, yay!) two days ago. I'll take three pets with me into Cata, one for each type.

My loyal cat (and mount) Rascal:

My owl Saphira (the very first pet I've ever tamed in WoW, years ago on a different Nelf hunter):

And my bear Sooty (and her little cub Sulky):

I've culled my stables a lot after an initial taming spree, and these are the pets I love the most. The rest of my stables consists out of faithful companions that now enjoy their retirement.

My other slot(s) I'll keep empty, just in case I see an awesome pet I want to tame :)

Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

The set I'm expecting to do:

Panzer: my turtle. Same as most folks here, he's my 'Whoops need good tonk' pet.
Dai: My seagull. I've really fallen for him.
Guido: My spirit beast. Kura need healz? Kura got healz!

The fourth slot will probably shift, depending on what I want and need. I'm doing instances? Grab the Core Hound for some heroism. Pet is behind in leveling? Get my low-level pet out. Want to show off in town? Tote around Chromie, Huhuran, my burning boar, or whatever. Finally high enough level to get my shale spider? Keep it blank so I can get it.
Come see Kurasu's stables!
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

beetle, Tektite
silithid ant, Mica
devilsaur, Tremor
cat, Talc

will also be subbing in other pets, when these are maxxed out
Last edited by GormanGhaste on Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Siliverin
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nazgrel, Nesingwary, Dalaran

Unread post by Siliverin »

Well for mine ( as of right now) it goes as

1) Samhain ( purple warpie)
2)? ( perhaps DuilwenShanu aka.KK)
3)? ( perhaps Chrommagus)
4) Will be left open for OMGIWTNAO tames
5) ??
Sig by Kurenio!
Anansi wrote:But OJC is just Old Jumper Cliff, a cranky old crazy guy who hops around making grunting noises to scare away children and small animals. Not sure if he's tamable, probably not.
Siliverin
Credit to Seilahyn and Kurenio for the avatars
Bulletdance
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Vek'nilash

Unread post by Bulletdance »

Ticklish (my brain bug), Canopener (my brain exposed brain bug), and Cranky (my turtle boss) I always leave a spot free in case I see something I want.
Raydex-of-the-dawn
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Dawnbringer

Unread post by Raydex-of-the-dawn »

Deadlock, Kael, Paranoia, just like the good old days...and one of the silithids, of course.

Trinia
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Greymane US & Aman'thul US

Unread post by Trinia »

Well, sadly, I won't be jumping in on Tuesday. More like in 2 weeks. Either way, Trinia will definately bringing along some old favorites and some new blood to hunt her way through sacred mountains, vast seas, the depths of the earth, ancient Egypt (Wewt!) and the Twilight HQ.

Pearl the Ghost Saber for sure. One of my longest running pets (since level 18 all the way back in Classic!) as well as being Trinia's signature pet. She also has the added "WIN!" points of being able to be used in both BM and Surv specs.

Walnut the Pygmy Tyrant Devilsaur is the next obvious choice for me. He's a real winner, and I leveled nearly all the way from 60-80 with him. Him and Pearl are definitely tied for "most attached to RP-wise," making both of them necessary pets to run with to 85. :)

Ayhilda aka Gondria is next. I have fallen in love with her, and as my most recent tame she's a good choice for relationship building. <3 Also, I'm tempted to find out how much of a tank the Spirit Beasts can be with their Spirit Mending. o:

My fourth slot is currently a toss up between my new Croc, Keyia, and my Windserpent, Itzal. Either would be usable in Surv or BM, and both are different specs (Tenacity and Cunning, of course.) So, I'm not sure on those two yet. Other than that, I am set for Cata! :D

Florelline - Level 90 NE Guardian/Feral Druid - Greymane
Thiania - Level 90 Draenei Shadow/Holy Priest - Greymane
Trinia - Level 86 NE BM/Surv Hunter - Aman'thul
Walnut the Tyrant Devilsaur
Pearl the Ghostsaber
Itzal the Fel Windserpent
Melo the Albino Bat
Tikiniro the Warp Stalker

Daranara
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Lightbringer

Unread post by Daranara »

Kegan, Jerk, and probably one of my spirit beasts. The last slot will end up being for impulse tames, most likely.

Daranara - Night Elflet Huntar - Lightbringer US
Gearfeathers on FR

Slickrock
Illustrious Master Hunter

Unread post by Slickrock »

Knobhead wrote:Cat only. I won't be doing dungeons before I hit level 85 and the extra slots while levelling will allow me to tame pets that I find interesting while levelling or questing after reaching max level.
You might want to check out Frostheim's gear and enchant lists for Cata, there are some dungeons that you'll want to do for drops if you intend on getting in heroics. Apparently they are stiffening the requirements for heroics this go-around. Also some rep-grinds for enchants.
Account has been closed at user's request.
Huntresself

Unread post by Huntresself »

Pre level 85 slots will most likely be:

Slot 1: One of the 4 Spirit Beast's with me at all times. Loque once they are all leveled to 85.

Slot 2 and 3: Will be rotated giving all the opportunity to level with me.
Slot 4: Open for other desired rares and or (Spirit Beast's) until level 85.

Slot 5: Open for other desired rares or Jade when found :D
Bubu
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Kul Tiras

Unread post by Bubu »

Since I was kind of late to tame and lvl-up Armored "Burning" Battleboars and Consumed Thistle Bear...
Well as usual 2 pets with me - tank and dps.

Slot 1 - Tanks:
Niðhöggr - my old friend and trusted tank White Crocolisk
Skögúl - cool looking Ghamoo-ra. I'll "BBQ" her as far as I can get Terrorpene :O)

So its ether way - Niðhöggr or Skögúl

Slot 2 - DPS:
One of the wolves - Nött, Hróövitnir or Lone Hunter (don't really like this model, but sword in head - epic!)
OR!
Old-good-time friend and the only pet stays with me from Vanilla ages, lvl-up 18-80 together - NoaNoa, my Ghost Saber:O) We did it before, so its a time to do it again as a team.

The rest of the slots will stay empty most of the time. Just in a case of some rare tame :O))
One for "city showtime" does not count :O)
And will switch DPS pets for dungeons + add core hound Báléygr, poor Beast without Tag.
Kikanu wrote:.......
Báleygr, my Chromaggus
Báléygr, poor Beast without Tag :lol: :lol: :lol:
Knobhead
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: EU-Jaedenar

Unread post by Knobhead »

Slickrock wrote:
Knobhead wrote:Cat only. I won't be doing dungeons before I hit level 85 and the extra slots while levelling will allow me to tame pets that I find interesting while levelling or questing after reaching max level.
You might want to check out Frostheim's gear and enchant lists for Cata, there are some dungeons that you'll want to do for drops if you intend on getting in heroics. Apparently they are stiffening the requirements for heroics this go-around. Also some rep-grinds for enchants.
I've been in the alpha/beta, so I know the requirements for heroics and raids. :)

Basically, I'll just quest in all the zones and reach 85, and then complete all the remaining quests. After that, I'll run a few normal instances with guildies to get some upgrades and follow that up with heroics. You don't need to deck yourself out in full normal dungeon gear to step into heroics if the group you're running it with is a tight one.
Slickrock

Unread post by Slickrock »

Knobhead wrote:
Slickrock wrote:
I've been in the alpha/beta, so I know the requirements for heroics and raids. :)

Basically, I'll just quest in all the zones and reach 85, and then complete all the remaining quests. After that, I'll run a few normal instances with guildies to get some upgrades and follow that up with heroics. You don't need to deck yourself out in full normal dungeon gear to step into heroics if the group you're running it with is a tight one.
Ahh.. good good. 8-)

For those that haven't been in the Beta, Frostheim is doing some good work, worth checking out. :-)
Account has been closed at user's request.
Bubu
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Kul Tiras

Unread post by Bubu »

Slickrock wrote:.... Frostheim is doing some good work, worth checking out. :-)
As usual :O)
Holgarr
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US - Alliance

Unread post by Holgarr »

Kyra my green raptor and Tonka my red gorilla are "permanents" - they never leave my active roster. Past that, well, I have no idea. My newest tame, Chromaggus renamed Ormagoden, might be in there too, but really, aside of those first two slots, anything goes.
Image Image
Shade
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Alliance: Garona; Horde: Nordrassil

Unread post by Shade »

1) My Loque, Fai, goes everywhere with me so certainly him. He is my permanent. After a stable glitch had me loosing two of my pets-including one of my other spirit beasts (got them back though!) I'm too nervous of a repeat to put him in my stable. Four months of hunting him, plus him being the pet that I made myself a hunter to specifically get, make him my most loved pet.

2) I'd have to take a pick between my three tank pets-My ghost worm, ancient turtle and black warp stalker. I run with a lower level friend so having a tank is handy. I'll likely go with my turtle or warp stalker.

3) Then... most likey my Ashtail, Phantasm, or my Chromaggus, Baskerville.

4) I'll have a fourth with me, like my orange saber tooth tiger, that I consider a throw away/keep. Just in case I come across something I have to have, I'll have him, who is not one of my fave out of my stable, on hand in case I need a quick empty spot. Or I might just empty up some spots now and leave my 4th spot open.

5) When I get it.. I don't pvp much, so someone good for raids thats not already with me if I get into any pugs.
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

Heero (Loque'nahak) and that's it. Having played in the beta, Heero was fully capable of taking down anything I needed. XD I probably will just travel with one pet, just so I could have room for more rare spawns in case I come upon them and need a quick tame.

Mania
Administrator
Administrator

Unread post by Mania »

My slime and just my slime. I need to level fast (for me) and I never remember to change out pets anyway.
Torleth
Realm: Talnivarr EU

Unread post by Torleth »

Easy choices

Loque
Zorham (Original Dragonhawk I first tamed <3)
Grunter... Still unnamed any suggestions

hmm 4th isn't as easy as I thought.. Undecided
Skyshot
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Fizzcrank US

Unread post by Skyshot »

At this point, I can choose my four easily. :)

Proteus

Rune

Erebos

Asmodeus

<My whelps - My Dragons>
"It's not denial. I'm just very selective about the reality I accept."
-Calvin and Hobbes