WTB: Core Hound

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Nenva
Realm: Farstriders / Staghelm

WTB: Core Hound

Unread post by Nenva »

Hello, i just my second hunter on staghelm, Zmack, to level 62 and was rly wanting to tame a red core hound from MC. i was wondering if it is possible to tame it? i gave it one shot, but was alone and the solo was a total bust. any tips?
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Re: WTB: Core Hound

Unread post by Vephriel »

It's definitely possible, but for level 62 I'm not sure how it would be. I would honestly suggest doing it at 80, but you might be able to pull it off if you had help.

Do you happen to know a Paladin? If they came and cast Divine Shield + Divine Sacrifice you would have 30% of the damage taken off from you and might just survive the taming. I'd also recommend getting haste potions, start off the aggro with Scorpid Sting, and make sure you're as buffed up health-wise as you can get.

The first time I tamed an MC corehound by myself I followed a guide in WoWhead which was very helpful:
http://www.wowhead.com/?npc=11673#comments
Go down to the post by Aranthar that includes a little diagram.
Pepsi Jedi
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Sha'Halo

Unread post by Pepsi Jedi »

You can do it... but it's NOT easy. It's alot easier to grab a couple of 80s to go in with you and keep stuff out of your hair and maybe toss you a heal or two

Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master
Realm: US Grizzly Hills, Deathwing, Wyrmrest Accord
Location: Wandering aimlessly under the effect of the Curse of Burgy BlackheaLET'S BUCKLE SOME SWASH!!

Unread post by Ryno »

Pepsi Jedi wrote:You can do it... but it's NOT easy. It's alot easier to grab a couple of 80s to go in with you and keep stuff out of your hair and maybe toss you a heal or two
Yeah, you'll want some 80's helping. Even solo 80 taming one of them is tough.

Paladin, priest, shaman, all can help quite a bit with that (for the shield, priest bubble, and blood lust/heroism, respectively).

Aleu
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord.

Unread post by Aleu »

I did mine with a priest that kept me bubbles. It worked quite well really. Don't ask a Druid though. Even if you have them place all their hots on you at the beginning, it's still likely pull healing aggro.

NEW SIGNATURE PENDING... SOON.
{Flight Rising}

reynolds

Unread post by reynolds »

I got myself a red core hound from MC in the early 60 levels.

I had some healers and also another high level hunter.

My problem was to keep aggro when they healed me, so misdirect from that other hunter really made a difference.