Beast Giveaway MK2: Sambas Edition!

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Beast Giveaway MK2: Sambas Edition!

Unread post by Kurasu »

I happened to meet up with a hunter in the Abyss, looking for Ghostcrawler. Now me, I was only there to look at him. I'm not a collector for the most part, and I have Arcturis *and* Gondria. I don't need another. We talked, though, and I promised if I saw Ghostcrawler, I'd let him know.

Now, I never did (or haven't yet, I should say), but in an Archaeology trip to the Twilight Highlands, I *did* see Sambas! A quick whisper to my hunterbuddy, and a few frost traps to tag him and keep him in place while he got there, and Sambas now has a new home with a fellow rare-obsessed hunter. It left me feeling a lovely glow inside!

Come see Kurasu's stables!
Rainz
Realm: Lightbringer

Re: Beast Giveaway MK2: Sambas Edition!

Unread post by Rainz »

Moar people like you please!
Rienen
Realm: Khadgar

Unread post by Rienen »

That's awesome. Props to you for being a decent person in a game full of.... well, not too decent people.
Xanrithe
Realm: Dalaran

Unread post by Xanrithe »

I love helping people get rares. :)
Thank you Erwil. <3 http://shunka.failarius.net/
Phyra
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Ysera

Unread post by Phyra »

That is an absolutely amazing story! :)
Feydakin
Realm: Rexxar

Unread post by Feydakin »

I tried like heck to help this level 82 hunter tame Terrorpene the other morning just before a server restart, but we weren't really prepared for the tame and she kept getting whomped. Unfortunately after the server came back up Terrorpene had mysteriously disappeared so we were sad... Hopefully she has better luck next time. :(
Xanrithe

Feydakin wrote:I tried like heck to help this level 82 hunter tame Terrorpene the other morning just before a server restart, but we weren't really prepared for the tame and she kept getting whomped. Unfortunately after the server came back up Terrorpene had mysteriously disappeared so we were sad... Hopefully she has better luck next time. :(
Aww, that was so nice of you for trying, though.
Krysannis
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Mok'Nathal
Location: Austin. The greatest city in the world.... well, at least in Texas

Unread post by Krysannis »

Just tamed mine tonight. I was on my rogue in a bg while my boyfriend was leveling out in Twilight Highlands. All of a sudden I heard "ohhh pretty, can I kill it?" "nooooooooo" *log out mid bg and sign onto hunter* I rushed to TH and he was still there!!!! I kept his name the same, I felt it was only right. I'm now camping the turtle in hyjal. I may go crazy before I get this guy. Image
Siggy made by the wonderful lilatha
Lorelaine
Realm: The Maelstrom EU

Unread post by Lorelaine »

aww I want Sambas too! nice story, and grats! :D
Neith
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Mannoroth

Unread post by Neith »

Krysannis wrote:Just tamed mine tonight. I was on my rogue in a bg while my boyfriend was leveling out in Twilight Highlands. All of a sudden I heard "ohhh pretty, can I kill it?" "nooooooooo" *log out mid bg and sign onto hunter* I rushed to TH and he was still there!!!! I kept his name the same, I felt it was only right. I'm now camping the turtle in hyjal. I may go crazy before I get this guy. Image
I am so envious, out here this area is very popular with bots and gold farmers, it's a nightmare. You are really lucky he stayed up so long!
Hati
Realm: Runetotem

Unread post by Hati »

Found Ghostcrawler earlier today but still 83,so whispered a fellow hunter and let him have it,better then see it getting killed :mrgreen:
Jroaeyl
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Jroaeyl »

Rainz wrote:Moar people like you please!
Absolutely agree. But it'll be awesome if it starts with us. :)
Shade
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Alliance: Garona; Horde: Nordrassil

Unread post by Shade »

Been hunting Sambas for the most part all day-just hit 85 for that. Took a break and went to go check on Terrorpene thanks to a lovely goblin hunter who won't get off my tail and is crowding me.

Did speak to ten other hunters in the area after Sambas, and made not of their names, so that if I do see him I can let them know the spawn time. They promised the same which is nice :).

Just wish I could find him, though I know I have not been looking that long yet. :(
stoneyloon

Unread post by stoneyloon »

Hey peeps :) long time forum lurker first time poster, but i had to make an account to give a massive thanks to Kurasu. :)

I really wish there were more people like this in the game, had a great chat with him throughout my camp for ghostcrawler ( always good to come across fellow hunters who know about their pets).

The Story.

I had been at ghostcralwler spawn most of the day when we met (ive always been a rare collector but now i can have them I MUST have them ;) ) we got chattin bout other pets aswell. So he logged his hunter to do some stuff in TH and says that he'll gimme a shout it he see's any of the rares (really didnt expect to get that whisper).

I almost freaked out when he told me sambas was there, i was on TS with my guildies shouting "ah crap in in vashir" quick HS and oh no, still set to dalaran >.<
luckily there was a mage on TS who offered me a port, i'm sat there thinking em ironforge is the closest place to TH, so jump through the portal then it hit me, i can port straight to TH from SW, so i get another port to SW then to TH, all the time kurasu has sambos tagged and trapped (phew).

Got there kurasu feigns death i break the trap and *BAM* he's mine :) was a mental trip to get there but i got him. :D

After bleeding some ears on teamspeak with "OHH YEH" "OMG THATS ACE" a guildie come to see him, a few mins later another hunter appears (also a pet collector who's NPC scanner went off :P) really close timing!!

So after chatting for a while it was 1am thought ok i'll just go back to ghostcrawler spawn area then to bed, so i got there doen a quick lap says good night in guild and "EH WHAT" big red flashes and booming alarm goes and ghostcrawler appeared right in from of me :o :shock: a quick dismiss of sambos and i had ghost crawler in my grasp :lol:

What a night :D

Again a MASSIVE thanks to you kurasu really do wish there were more people like you playing wow

Stoney
Xanrithe

stoneyloon wrote:Hey peeps :) long time forum lurker first time poster, but i had to make an account to give a massive thanks to Kurasu. :)

I really wish there were more people like this in the game, had a great chat with him throughout my camp for ghostcrawler ( always good to come across fellow hunters who know about their pets).

The Story.

I had been at ghostcralwler spawn most of the day when we met (ive always been a rare collector but now i can have them I MUST have them ;) ) we got chattin bout other pets aswell. So he logged his hunter to do some stuff in TH and says that he'll gimme a shout it he see's any of the rares (really didnt expect to get that whisper).

I almost freaked out when he told me sambas was there, i was on TS with my guildies shouting "ah crap in in vashir" quick HS and oh no, still set to dalaran >.<
luckily there was a mage on TS who offered me a port, i'm sat there thinking em ironforge is the closest place to TH, so jump through the portal then it hit me, i can port straight to TH from SW, so i get another port to SW then to TH, all the time kurasu has sambos tagged and trapped (phew).

Got there kurasu feigns death i break the trap and *BAM* he's mine :) was a mental trip to get there but i got him. :D

After bleeding some ears on teamspeak with "OHH YEH" "OMG THATS ACE" a guildie come to see him, a few mins later another hunter appears (also a pet collector who's NPC scanner went off :P) really close timing!!

So after chatting for a while it was 1am thought ok i'll just go back to ghostcrawler spawn area then to bed, so i got there doen a quick lap says good night in guild and "EH WHAT" big red flashes and booming alarm goes and ghostcrawler appeared right in from of me :o :shock: a quick dismiss of sambos and i had ghost crawler in my grasp :lol:

What a night :D

Again a MASSIVE thanks to you kurasu really do wish there were more people like you playing wow

Stoney

Haha, wow you had an awesome night!! :) Grats on getting Sambas with the help of Kurasu and of course going back to check on Ghost Crawler!!! :) Awesome.
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

You know I was happy for it, Stoney! ^^ I'd forgotten about that poor other hunter, too. I'm sure he'll get his Sambas, too, though. He was an awesome guy about the whole thing and I give him props for it.

I chalk it up to hunting my Good Hunter Karma. :D Next time an awesome tame comes out that I *do* want, maybe it'll come back on me!

Until then, I'm more than happy to find the awesome tames I *don't* want homes with hunters. :D
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Brainader
Realm: The Maelstrom

Unread post by Brainader »

More ppl who give away pets :D
I just happend to find Sambas again, and i already got him, so i scanned the area and found 1 hunter.
Now that hunter is one Sambas richer :D
No reason to kill or leave rares when found when there are hunters looking for them ^^

Edit

Wonder if carma is real xD Right after i gave that hunter Sambas i went to Storm Peaks, to look after Time Lost Proto-Drake, and there he was :D
Im so happy right now :D