I think I found my tank

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Foru21dr
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Tanaris (Alliance) Nessingwary (Horde)

I think I found my tank

Unread post by Foru21dr »

I have been playing my Ally hunter for awhile and have a menagerie of pets in her stables. I play a lot of PVP and my stables contains several ferocity and tenacity pets that use in the battlegrounds. I do though like to have a tank pet on hand for when I'm questing, or soloing an elite, or going though a dungeon solo. I have not though found the pet that I absolutely click with. I tried a warp stalker, a boar, a scorpid, a croc and released them all back into the wild. They just did not work out. I then went and got a bear, and liked him. He seemed to hold the mobs well and I like having him by my side, but still was not an instant love. I also got a rhino.. having a blast with him, knocking the enemy back and he charges them again. He's not though THE tank.. I was still looking around. Decided to try a turtle as I have never had one before as a pet. On my way, I also decided to try out one of the beetles. It has the same functionality as a turtle, and I like the colors that was available. My pets scheme is red/brown.. so I went for the red Beetle, and loved it as soon as I got it. Here was my tank. The colors on her were vibrant, and her chittering I loved hearing. So here I am with my new tank.. just after we finished soloing The hero's burden quest in Sholzar Basin. I haven't had a chance to name her yet, but that will come when I play with her more.
WoWScrnShot_121310_222909.jpg
WoWScrnShot_121310_222909.jpg (79.16 KiB) Viewed 439 times
I just love her color
WoWScrnShot_121310_222926.jpg
WoWScrnShot_121310_222926.jpg (80.03 KiB) Viewed 439 times
Nesingwary Petopians - Bitka, Quïll Xendral, Ximbol, Saehi, and Tryxter
Nesingwary Petopian Alliance - Sorree and Xylda

http://dragcave.net/user/foru21dr My Cave
pengupuff
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Skywall

Re: I think I found my tank

Unread post by pengupuff »

Grats on your new tank! I agree that color is very striking. ^.^
I was skeptical of beetles at first too until I tamed one, and they ARE pretty endearing.
Anyway, it's cool that you finally found a tenacity pet that clicked!

"Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music." - Angela Monet

Check out my stable!

Kitairra
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Exodar

Unread post by Kitairra »

YES! Another beetle lover! My beetle,Celeste,is an awesome tank! I love her to pieces,I do! And she's blue..which makes me verrry happy. And her back up tank,Esmerelda,is a beautiful blue crab from Theramore...lol...yes,I like blue...lol!!
Anyway,grats on clicking with your new tank! :hug: for you,and :hug: :hug: for your beetle,whatever you name her!

Kitairra
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord
Location: A certain house in Gilneas as long as I can sneak in to camp out there.

Unread post by Karma »

I have never been able to bond with the beetles, but this one is a lovely thing. I solo'ed my way in to aq and got one of the white beetles, named him Jeep. Then, after having him out and about a bit, released him. I have had a wasp more than a few times, and always release them too. Maybe I have an insect block? I am stabling the white rare wasp right now, so may give him a try. Since I am now a goblin hunter, may try a beetle again too.

Great screenshots!
Jin
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Eonar EU

Unread post by Jin »

Its pretty! :)
Worba
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Uther, Zangarmarsh, Shu'halo, Fenris, Quel'Thalas+
Location: In Sethekk Halls, bothering Anzu (90 runs and counting)

Unread post by Worba »

Red beetles are mecha-licious