Enduring Long Camps

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Button
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Re: Enduring Long Camps

Unread post by Button »

I think I need to buy some books. :)
bluddy
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Alonsus

Unread post by bluddy »

Snif my camp for terrorpene just ended :cry: :cry: :cry: so happy :mrgreen: lvl 81; 37 432 health. flask of speed, 50 rsistance flask, core hound buff...*had an runescroll of fortitude with me well huge stam buff just for me ^^ :twisted: * and i tamed him without dieing! *continues being happy*

EDIT i had it on my toolbar but mymind was to scrambled up to use the herbing spell...it has an nice extra 240 haste...would have been even easyer then ^^*
Araela
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Thrall

Unread post by Araela »

I generally watch TV, read a book, or browse the same forums you listed. lol. I also am a BIG fan of youtube.
Warfish
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Maelstrom

Unread post by Warfish »

Step #1: Get Toon in Position, Have NPC Scan Ready

Step #2: Que for Battlegrounds

Step #3: Camp, PvP, Camp some More, PvP Some More, Camp Some More, PvP Some More.

Step #4: Eventually get lucky, tame your rarespawn, then go buy oodles of PvP gear with all the honour points you got whilst waiting.

Addition: One could also, if so inclined, queue for Random Dungeons too. Same concept.
Worba
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Uther, Zangarmarsh, Shu'halo, Fenris, Quel'Thalas+
Location: In Sethekk Halls, bothering Anzu (90 runs and counting)

Unread post by Worba »

Button wrote:So I've been camping Terrorpene going on 12.5 hrs now (solid camp time). I've read these forums, mmo-champ, guild forums, chatted friends ears off, etc. in between rounds (1 round every 30 seconds or so) but it's getting incredibly difficult not to give up at this point - especially since so many people have noted a 6 hour spawn time.

So my question is, what do you do when you are camping a rare that just won't spawn?
Play other characters, and check back later. I don't sit and wait - I just don't have the time for it.

EDIT: Oh yes - for a little (if bittersweet) "pick me up", fly north a ways until you see Nemesis on your beast tracking, target him, and pretend for a minute that he's Terrorpene.

No, I'm not kidding - it makes me feel better. What?
Ispecbm
Realm: Sen'jin

Unread post by Ispecbm »

I've even disgusted myself with my luck this expansion pack. Wrath took me an insanely long amount of time to get the seven rares I wanted. It wasn't until October that I tamed Skoll and polished off my Northrend collection. Here in cata I got Jadefang, Karoma, Sambas, Terrorpene (for the second time, gave this one to a guildie) and Ghostcrawler all withing 15 hours. Now I'm stuck 6 days in a row 14 hours a day camping Madexx. I haven't even seen him yet. I think I'm actually going to give up on a rare spawn.

If you're on Sen'jin and see this scorpion and for some reason do not wish to tame it PLEASE tell me. Orc Hunter named Ispecbm. I'm always online >.>;
Shade
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Alliance: Garona; Horde: Nordrassil

Unread post by Shade »

Button wrote:So I've been camping Terrorpene going on 12.5 hrs now (solid camp time). I've read these forums, mmo-champ, guild forums, chatted friends ears off, etc. in between rounds (1 round every 30 seconds or so) but it's getting incredibly difficult not to give up at this point - especially since so many people have noted a 6 hour spawn time.

So my question is, what do you do when you are camping a rare that just won't spawn?

I camped Loque'nahak for four months.

I spent lots of time flying around his spawn points, so much that I could do it without even looking at the screen.

Read some good books waiting on that darned cat.

At least you have only one spawn area to watch.
Miraga
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Zul'jin

Unread post by Miraga »

I tend to use NPCScan with the wow sounds enabled in the background and watch something online. I did this while camping Loque. I was watching Shin Can and all of a sudden I heard the alert and almost peed myself.
Novikova
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

Netflix, books, chatting with guildies, chatting in general (I'm sure people on Feathermoon are wondering what's up with that loopy Draenei hunter. :P), and reading Petopia forums. I'm debating trying for Jadefang, since she and the scorpid are the only ones I really want.

Edit: Ok, after getting a purple shale spider ... OMFG CUTE. I MUST have Jadefang. To 85!
Last edited by Novikova on Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Icharia
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Kil'jaeden US

Unread post by Icharia »

Well guys. After sitting from 5am to 11:30pm and again from 2am to 8am the following day. I DC'd this morning. Came back dead and with him cached. He spawned on top of me seconds after I exited the game and killed me.

:| now it's personal.

Edit: But I did find the hunter who tamed him (who incidentally set off my NPCscan just this evening), he confirmed he got him this morning at my spawn. Glad a hunter got him, still having a hard time letting my haste go. Hopefully he will be mine soon :)
Last edited by Icharia on Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tilo
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Stormrage, Cenarius, & Ysera-US

Unread post by Tilo »

Button wrote: So my question is, what do you do when you are camping a rare that just won't spawn?
Last LONG camp I ended up watching a bunch of Alien Nation episodes on YouTube, lacked the last five or six episodes & the other movies so was kinda disappointed about that...usually find something on YouTube or TV to watch in the mean time. :)
♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪
Signature Kamoodle []