Terrorpene spawn times?

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Aladoran
Realm: Lightbringer

Terrorpene spawn times?

Unread post by Aladoran »

Does any1 know the spawn times of terrorpene? is it like normal mobs, 6-12 hours or like ashtail, 1-2 hours....
seclipse
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Garithos

Re: Terrorpene spawn times?

Unread post by seclipse »

believe its around 12hr - 24 hr. seen him at 7am server yesterday (tame failed and lost him to a horde) and right around 7am today he poped right outta the lava and i got him.
Celi
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Saurfang, Oceanic

Unread post by Celi »

I got mine just under 7 hours after I watched him die to a horde hunter who just wanted to kill him.
Girmoo
Realm: BloodHoof

Unread post by Girmoo »

Sat for 9 hours for mine tonight, saw him yesterday morning around the same time. But I've been camping on and off after 11pm every night for about a week and have only seen him 3 times. From what I gathered he spawns any where from 6-15 hours, but what I've seen it might be 24 like said before.
Ziarre
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore-US, Wyrmrest Accord-US

Unread post by Ziarre »

Got mine a little under six hours from previous spawn.
Acherontia wrote:

It's like daring someone to go insult a bunch of kindly old nuns. You'll wind up going back to your friends with a story about how they smiled at your insults and tried to give you cookies, or something.

Shaiel - 110 Night Elf Hunter
Sahkar - 110 Mag'har Orc Hunter
Tumblr!

allogator
Realm: Eldre'Thalas

Unread post by allogator »

It's looking like he has a spawn timer of "whenever he feels like it."

I've seen way too many conflicting reports and I personally saw him get tamed at ~9:20pm my server. I then camped him all night (with brief spurts of sleeping) until ~10am with no sign of him.

....other than the jerk who landed next to me, pulled out his terrorpene and made my NPCScan go off which forced me to log and clear my cache. :x
vorondil
Realm: Rexxar

Unread post by vorondil »

From what I can gather, it almost seems like the timer is based on what happens to him. If he is tamed, the timer appears to be around 24hours. If he is killed it is more like a 6 hour spawn time. I guess this would keep the population of tamed Terrorpenes down.

In my experience...I watched him get tamed away from me, and was able to tame him myself almost exactly 24 hours later....and I did camp the entire time waiting...

Just a theory.
Worba
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Uther, Zangarmarsh, Shu'halo, Fenris, Quel'Thalas+
Location: In Sethekk Halls, bothering Anzu (90 runs and counting)

Unread post by Worba »

seclipse wrote:believe its around 12hr - 24 hr. seen him at 7am server yesterday (tame failed and lost him to a horde) and right around 7am today he poped right outta the lava and i got him.
How did the first attempt fail? Did the hordie interfere, or did Terrorpene kill you and the hordie just grabbed him while you were running back to your corpse?
allogator
Realm: Eldre'Thalas

Unread post by allogator »

vorondil wrote:From what I can gather, it almost seems like the timer is based on what happens to him. If he is tamed, the timer appears to be around 24hours. If he is killed it is more like a 6 hour spawn time. I guess this would keep the population of tamed Terrorpenes down.

In my experience...I watched him get tamed away from me, and was able to tame him myself almost exactly 24 hours later....and I did camp the entire time waiting...

Just a theory.
This....would actually be pretty consistent with what I've read. HHMMMMMM.......looks like I'mma start camping between 9-10pm and see if I get lucky.

Good theory!
Wolfang
Realm: Earthen Ring

Unread post by Wolfang »

allogator wrote:
vorondil wrote:From what I can gather, it almost seems like the timer is based on what happens to him. If he is tamed, the timer appears to be around 24hours. If he is killed it is more like a 6 hour spawn time. I guess this would keep the population of tamed Terrorpenes down.

Just a theory.
This....would actually be pretty consistent with what I've read. HHMMMMMM.......looks like I'mma start camping between 9-10pm and see if I get lucky.

Good theory!

I can confirm this a bit. I saw him tamed at 0300 and then camped him from 0830 to 1530 and there was no spawn. He must take longer after a tame? Closer to 24hrs?

W

Got Him! 1750 Earthen Ring That's a bit less than 15 hours between tames.

Good luck all!
Last edited by Wolfang on Fri Dec 24, 2010 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Xelophant82
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Bloodhoof

Unread post by Xelophant82 »

Wanted to add my thoughts on this. I can only give you what I've seen and not what I think of spawn times though.

I've accounted 5 spawn times for him so far. Four of them I was there for, the other one I was told by another hunter. First time I saw him was between 5 pm and 6pm server time. All the other times I've seen him have been between 2 am and 3 am server time. Last night while I was farming ore, another hunter had informed me they had caught it at 3 am server.

Not sure what to make of it but I definitely go around those times to see if he is there because not a lot of people sit around that early in the morning.
Gilnean
Realm: Alonsus

Unread post by Gilnean »

Took me 12 hours and 40 minutes before he spawned while camping him all day.

Good luck on yours.
erwil
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by erwil »

Someone got any idea, if the rare spawn timers in Cata work like the Northrend ones (only 3 can be up at once)? They're in different continents and all that, so it makes me wonder... o.o
jaidi
Realm: Earthen Ring

Unread post by jaidi »

I just tamed this beauty at 1:16 am Server time on Earthen Ring. Very easy tame at 85. No haste pots or throw away corehound needed.

~*Huntress Jaidian*~
Ziarre
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore-US, Wyrmrest Accord-US

Unread post by Ziarre »

My six-hour timer was from the time he was tamed, until I tamed him myself.
Acherontia wrote:

It's like daring someone to go insult a bunch of kindly old nuns. You'll wind up going back to your friends with a story about how they smiled at your insults and tried to give you cookies, or something.

Shaiel - 110 Night Elf Hunter
Sahkar - 110 Mag'har Orc Hunter
Tumblr!

Vetiver
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Zul'jin US/Farstriders US

Unread post by Vetiver »

I was not sitting in the correct spot last night (had not seen him in the wild before) and lost the tame to a horde hunter moments after my NPCScan went off. Checked *exactly* 12 hours later and waited around for a bit. Then read the comments on here that said when he is tamed it seems to be a 24 hour spawn. It passed being 24 hours about half an hour ago, and still no sign of him. I think we can go ahead and debunk that myth.

Thrawna Partyfavor Poliwrath Mint

...plus many, many more. <3