Ok, I don't want another Green Proto Drake mount....

Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Royi

Realm: Ysera

Ok, I don't want another Green Proto Drake mount....

Unread post by Royi »

My story with the Oracle eggs:
Since WOTLK I have leveled 4 characters up to level 80, each with at least Revered with the Oracles. I opened over 100 Mysterious eggs altogether and nothing except minipets and yolk I recieved. I did however get the Proto Drake Welp minipet 6 times, but alas no Green Proto Drake.

Then Blizzard decides to change the day requirement to only 3 days. I'm thinking, hahzah :) Good news everyone :)

First egg after 3 days: Green Proto Drake! HAHZAH FINALLY!
2nd egg after 3 days: Green Proto Drake? heh thats funny, (thinks to self) I kind of want to get the Proto Drake pet now now that I've got TLPD as well....
3rd egg after 3 days: Green Proto Drake?!?!? Ugh.....

Yeap, 3 Green Proto Drakes in a row from Mysterious Eggs since the 3 day timer was implemented.
:) ~ Formally known as Royi ~
Dewclaw
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Llane

Re: Ok, I don't want another Green Proto Drake mount....

Unread post by Dewclaw »

Rng can be so wacky sometimes. I got enough tickbirds to start my own aviary. Maybe I should try again. I gave up for a little while.
Ryai
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Ryai »

*cries in corner*

I hate you, really I do, I've been getting non stop rotten eggs and tickbirds ever since the patch.
Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

Me too, Ryai. x.x My brother got it really quickly, but I'm still getting tickbirds yolks.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Mustafah
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Draenor EU

Unread post by Mustafah »

Wow.. Lucky :O I dont even have the rep yet :P btw how many mysterious eggs can i buy at once?

Lots of thanks for TygerDarkstorm for the awesome sig!! =D

Mustafah wrote:Playable Pandaren with racial camel mount!!!
Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

Only one, Mustafah.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

I got the Green Proto Drake on my troll huntress that has spent much of her time getting dusty on my character shelf...and she got it pre-patch. >_>

She also has the blue drake from Occulus, I know that's easier to get, but I've gotten it on like two of my alts and not my main. =/

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Comett
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by Comett »

Pfft you've obviously stolen all the Proto drake mounts so that's why we can't get any. :P

I have also just recieved yolks and tickbirds. I got a cobra last time. I used to get the eggs religiously but gave up after a while, so reading the patch notes I've started picking them up again with no luck.

Victorelle
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Kilrogg (US)

Unread post by Victorelle »

... *gets a egg*
Royi

Unread post by Royi »

TygerDarkstorm wrote:I got the Green Proto Drake on my troll huntress that has spent much of her time getting dusty on my character shelf...and she got it pre-patch. >_>

She also has the blue drake from Occulus, I know that's easier to get, but I've gotten it on like two of my alts and not my main. =/
The blue drake would be harder now wouldn't it? I thought you still have to do Occulus through a "random" dungeon selected. At level 85 can you even queue for WOTLK heroics still?
erwil
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by erwil »

*covers face*

I got the Green drake from my second egg little after wrath was released, and the mini pet from the third. I've got a friend who's been opening the eggs for long before me, but she's still yet to get hers. RNG can be such a jerkface. I can relate to the pain though, after all those mummified remains and no VotS pattern.. -_-;
MeAjur
Realm: Trollbane, US

Unread post by MeAjur »

I can sooooo completely relate. My main is my mount collector; my luck with mounts is either breathtakingly brilliant or absolutely horrid.

The blue proto-drake dropped for me on my very first trip through UK (I posted about it in Thottbot that same day along with my guildies' reaction and it became a yellow post but I haven't been able to find the post since Thottbot's revamping), Rivendare's mount dropped after an incredibly low number of attempts (if memory serves me it was 30, but I can't check* by looking at Rivendare kills becaues I've used my main to run other toons through Stratholme since then), TLPD was mine after only three weeks, and Raven Lord dropped after a little over two weeks (battle.net says I've had 19 Ikiss kills but I know at least two of those kills weren't accomplanied by Anzu kills) and the Swift White Hawkstrider dropping on the same day when I was running my husband's toon. And of course the absolutely unbelievable ZG Raptor and Tiger mounts dropping durring the same run while running my husband's toon.

On the other hand the Green Proto-Drake didn't bother dropping until this last September (and I had been riding on the TLPD since MARCH), she's never seen any holiday mounts drop (while my DK has a Headless Horseman's mount and my pally has TWO, my druid has the Brewfest Ram and my hunter has THREE Brewfest Rams and a Brewfest Kodo... I've tried telling them on their forums that these mounts should be BOA and got a bunch of other users telling me to stop crying like a baby and just throw the mounts away), I rarely got Occulus in randoms (my druid got the blue drake), the Huntsman is still holding out on me, and I couldn't get into any competent pugs nor get guild help with the last three WotLK dungeon achievements for the Red Proto-Drake.

* Speaking of checking... why does battle.net list her with 6 kills in 3v3 and 2 kills in 5v5? She's NEVER doen arena! And it lists only 26 kills for Rivendare? Either I have really horrid memory or some of my kills have vanished into thin air!
zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

I'm :mrgreen: with envy and jealous of everyone's drake gettings!

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Moonlost
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord (Horde), Moonguard (Alliance)

Unread post by Moonlost »

Royi wrote:
TygerDarkstorm wrote:I got the Green Proto Drake on my troll huntress that has spent much of her time getting dusty on my character shelf...and she got it pre-patch. >_>

The blue drake would be harder now wouldn't it? I thought you still have to do Occulus through a "random" dungeon selected. At level 85 can you even queue for WOTLK heroics still?
Blizzard foresaw this and changed the Blue Drake so it now drops from 10 man Malygos again. :)
You can still get the Azure Drake from 25 man Malygos.

Falcon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Falcon »

Congrats on finally getting the mount! Can I borrow some of your luck? I've been trying to get the green proto for a long time now and still nothing. x_x
Cozzene
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Cozzene »

wtb your luck as I attempt 25 maly. I want that dragon so bad I can't see straight.
Raydex-of-the-dawn
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Dawnbringer

Unread post by Raydex-of-the-dawn »

*steals luck* Back when it was 7 days I got 6 cobras in a row! now I only get yolk :(

Royi

Unread post by Royi »

aww i'm sorry Ray, oi I bought another egg since i was in Sholozar last week and I get the Proto Drake Mini Pet. I used it this time instead of selling it like I did with the previous 5 or so. Its pretty cute.

But then again I have done over 100 Brunnhildar Village dailies without getting that Polar Bear, so the unlucky part is with there