Tales of the Hunt ((Open RP))

Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Re: Tales of the Hunt ((Open RP))

Unread post by Azunara »

Azunara
Swamp of Sorrows

The druid whined, trying to move as far back in the cage as she could. It didn't work too well, and she had little choice but to inhale the poison. She gave a quiet hiss, pressing herself to the far side of her cage, putting as much distance between her and her captor as possible.

Kozri
Swamp of Sorrow

The rogue growled quietly, "They're going to regret capturing Azu." He glanced at the orc, and said darkly, "Lead the way." He was probably being rude, but he didn't want the kid to suffer anymore than she had too. He muttered something quietly under his breath about the Infinites.
Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

Dalinda, Swamp of Sorrows

Dalinda took one of the books off her belt, found a writing utensil, and leaned against her desk. She quickly wrote down a new heading and watched Azu expectantly. "This might take a bit of time. The curse and the blessing of such a slow-acting mixture." She paused for a moment, raising a hand. It flashed blue, and a water elemental rose into being. It placidly stood to the side, watching the wilderness. "So," she said, "I'm thinking about taking out some of the water. Make it work a little faster. What do you think?"

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

Azunara
Swamp of Sorrows

Azunara was quiet in reply, busy thinking. The swamp was full of life...She wondered if it was the worth to risk using life energy to try and abolish the poison. That might make it work faster if it didn't work though...She gave a scared squeak, ears pricked.
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Decay - Swamp of Sorrows

Decay followed the tracks, seeing a small building a little bit ahead. "Brute strength, or stealthy assault?", Decay asked Kozri, hoping he would understand what she meant.

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Lupis
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Lupis »

Dalinda watched Azu for a minute more, than turned for a moment, putting a clean, large vial on a stand. In it she had water. With practiced ease she dug through a pack and took out a few leaves and petals, which she dropped into the vial.
She turned back to watch Azu after creating a small fire under the vial with a burst of flames. The scent of peacebloom tea wafted from the vial.
"You know," she commented offhandedly, "I should have brought a book. It takes an hour or so for the real poison to kick in, right now it's just the first few types. Slowing solutions and that sort of thing. Prepares the body for the actual poison." She sighed and picked up a different book from her belt, flipping through it and muttering, crossing off things on the pages now and then.

The water elemental was standing directly in the entrance, though it hadn't noticed Decay or the others.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising

Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

Kozri
Swamp of Sorrows

"Let's try subtlety. If we're outnumbered, we'll have to change tactics. Hopefully it won't come down to that, though." The rogue replied, glancing at the building and readjusting his grip on his knife.

Azunara
Swamp of Sorrows

Azunara was quietly reassuring herself that help was on the way, that she wasn't going to be killed by the poison, and that she'd get out fine. She was lying down on the floor of her cage, still in her feline form, curled up. Maybe if she ignored the undead, it'd give up and give her the antidote and let her go...Who was she kidding?
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Decay - Swamp of Sorrows

Decay started sneaking in closer to the building. She stopped abruptly when she saw the water elemental, but could hardly prevent a laugh a second later when she saw what it was. "Hehe... Freezing those things is always fun.", she whispered, inching in closer.

"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

Kozri
Swamp of Sorrow

The rogue inched along as well, sticking to the shadows. He glanced at the elemental, nodding. There was at least a mage in the cave, judging by the guard. Whether there were others in there, he wasn't sure, but the orc said something about only a few sets of tracks. One of them had to be Azu's, at least.
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Decay - Swamp of Sorrows

Decay inched up to the wall of the building, squeezed up against it, and held up three fingers for Kozri and the orc(military meaning: on the count of three). She got in a position, ready to leap, and held up first one finger, then two, and with the third she rushed forward with a frosty attack, aiming at the elemental.

Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

Kozri
Swamp of Sorrows

When Decay rushed the elemental, he darted inside, looking around. An undead was in the cave, likely Azu's captor. There were numerous vials of liquids, books, and a cage in part of the room where Azu likely was. He glanced to see how Decay was doing, then angled to strike the undead, still in the shadows.

Azunara
Swamp of Sorrows

When Azunara looked up and saw the elemental ambushed, she brightened, looking at her captor, "I told you!" She said, leaping up as best as possible.
Lupis
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Lupis »

((In a heroic, back soon))

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising

Mustafah
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Draenor EU

Unread post by Mustafah »

Mustafah - Swamp of Sorrows

Mustafah was ready to strike, waited for the command.
Last edited by Mustafah on Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lots of thanks for TygerDarkstorm for the awesome sig!! =D

Mustafah wrote:Playable Pandaren with racial camel mount!!!
Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

((Erf, Mustafah...That's some serious god-moding going on there. Kozri hasn't even struck yet, and Lupis isn't here. What you're doing is control her character, which is kind of rude. Could you please do a few edits? It's okay, a lot of people make that mistake of god-moding in battle.

You're better off wording things like, "Mustafah fired an arrow, aiming for the neck." If you notice, Saturo never said she hit the elemental, that she was just aiming to attack it. That way, it becomes Lupis' choice to decide if it hits or not.))
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

((Yep. Seriously Mustafah, read the guide Azu posted. -.-

http://forums.wow-petopia.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=5644

Someone told me I ‘god-moded’. What on earth is that?

God moding is when you take control of someone else’s character and hurts them or puts them in a condition impossible to get out of. If you use your powers to lock someone in a “XYZ” situation that they can’t get out of, that’s god moding.

How do I prevent it? When does it happen mostly?

God moding is frequent in battles. Here, an example:

“Azunara leaps at Saturo, and tears apart with her claws, dancing on her corpse.”

Ta-da. I just forced the other person, Saturo in this case, into a situation they can’t get out of: Death. However, if I did this instead:

“Azunara leaps at Saturo, aiming to tear out her throat.”

Saturo still has a chance to dodge, strike back, or if she wants, let the attack hit. It’s up to her, and you haven’t cross any lines.
))

Mustafah
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

(Aye. Right. Sorry im pretty new to this i make mistakes. I will edit it, sorry once again =/)

Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

((Nah, it's fine. Everyone makes mistakes, and you're new. The good thing is you're willing to learn and fix your mistakes instead of getting upset and insisting you're right. God moding in battle is relatively common mistake, don't worry that much. You wouldn't believe some of the mistakes I made when I was learning. >.>;))
Mustafah
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

(Alright, I try again) Mustafah aimed to the undead's neck, counted to three, and shooted. (How is it?)

Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

((Better.))

Lupis
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Lupis »

Dalinda sighed, a block of ice suddenly forming around her to fend off the incoming attacks. While in the ice, she examined those who had entered. Her elemental was frozen, so the death knight had to be a frost master. The human looked like any normal rogue - easy to dispose of. And the orc was a hunter. She didn't like hunters. He had a big devilsaur as a pet, which was even more annoying. Needless to say, she was outnumbered, but getting rid of one of them would be easy.
The ice would hold for a little longer before breaking.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising

Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

((So Decay froze the elemental? Yay me! :) ))

Decay - Swamp of Sorrows

Decay walked in, standing next to Kozri. "What do you want me to do? I think I can shatter that ice, if you want me to try."