A new obsession (The Madexx-thread!)

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Ziarre
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore-US, Wyrmrest Accord-US

Re: A new obsession (The Madexx-thread!)

Unread post by Ziarre »

Spotted Madexx a little while ago, in the one color I didn't want--black. A guildmate had just dinged 84, however, and I knew his faves were blue and black...so I trapped him and bellowed in gchat for him to GET OVER HEREEEEE!
Acherontia wrote:

It's like daring someone to go insult a bunch of kindly old nuns. You'll wind up going back to your friends with a story about how they smiled at your insults and tried to give you cookies, or something.

Shaiel - 110 Night Elf Hunter
Sahkar - 110 Mag'har Orc Hunter
Tumblr!

Vetiver
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Zul'jin US/Farstriders US

Unread post by Vetiver »

Novikova wrote:Well, Madexx spawned for us - though he was in red, a color my friend wanted. I let him tame him. Now, c'mon green or blue...
that's interesting...a red madexx spawned on Zul'jin at the same time >_>

Thrawna Partyfavor Poliwrath Mint

...plus many, many more. <3

Novikova
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

Freaky! And you can stick a fork in me - I'm done. I think blue is my fave, but I got green! Green is good. :D And now I can let other hunters take him home. Phew.
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

Novikova wrote:Freaky! And you can stick a fork in me - I'm done. I think blue is my fave, but I got green! Green is good. :D And now I can let other hunters take him home. Phew.
Yay, grats!!! Same thing happened to me - wanted green the most, but got brown (my second favorite). I thought briefly about checking again for a green one, but Vulkoor's really grown on me. Maybe someday, a long time from now, I'll get him a green mate, but for now, he's too awesome to try to replace. :)

Huge congrats to you!!! I know you were looking just as hard as I was, so it's great to see it finally worked out for you. :D

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Gumballs
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Gumballs »

I've definitely been bitten by the Madexx bug. ,_,

Been looking on and off for him. I'm actually camping the TLPD on my warrior so I'll spend an hour in storm peaks on him then log on my hunter to do a lap for Madexx. I'm slowly going insane.

I want red the most. Red > Black > Tan > Green > Blue.

I would be happy at the moment to tame any colour though. Even though I really hate the blue and green but maybe one of my least favourite colours will surprise me. However I do think if I get any colour but red I will continue to do flybys, only taming him again if it's a colour I like more.

Here's hoping for red. <3 I'm really wishing the RNG gods will reward me for my dedication and give me either TLPD or Madexx soon! Grats to everyone who has already tamed him (I have not even seen him tamed on Winterhoof-US) and good luck to all those looking!
Rejoined the hunt after a lengthy break... feels good!
Novikova

Hehe yeah. I thought about going back for a blue one but I know a few hunters are looking for him too (Some of them any color, some want blue too). I guess it just isn't in the cards for me. That's ok! The green is awesome - black too! I'm toasted on camping and yeah. I was apparently there so much, so long general chat cheered when I got the green one. XD Malachite can hang out, I think.

And huge grats to you too! You had a time of it catching him as well.

And Gum, I hope you get your red. :D We had a red one pop on FM and a kind hunter took him home, since he was camping there with me. Red is pretty rad. I was surprised by it. The black one makes me think classic rock for some reason. I was half tempted to name him ZZ or something. I'm old.

Edit: I half suspect his rarity is due to the Wastes being so BUSY. Lots of quests and nodes - it's easy for him to get killed. I nearly lost my greenie. That and his spawn timer seems to range from 9.5-28 hours. Not exactly a short one and the most common times were 2-4AM.

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Jyzen
Realm: Doomhammer

Unread post by Jyzen »

So i finally understand the fuss about this guy. i only saw the brown version is it looked so fugly i couldn't understand why anyone cared. But it actually comes in different colors?
Novikova

Jyzen wrote:So i finally understand the fuss about this guy. i only saw the brown version is it looked so fugly i couldn't understand why anyone cared. But it actually comes in different colors?
Correct, like mine is green. There's red, black, and blue as well. I really wanted blue, but ... the black and green are growing on me too. Here's a screenie of Novi with hers and a realmbuddy with his Terrorpene. >>
Attachments
WoWScrnShot_122810_005923.jpg
WoWScrnShot_122810_005923.jpg (512 KiB) Viewed 1115 times

Miyon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Currently on hiatus

Unread post by Miyon »

So, that Madexx.. When killed, does his corpse stay out pretty long before despawning and is he unskinnable or is that all just myths?

Pokemon X/Y FC: 1779-1244-0605

Pent
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Pent - Mt. Hyjal - Alliance

Unread post by Pent »

Miyon wrote:So, that Madexx.. When killed, does his corpse stay out pretty long before despawning and is he unskinnable or is that all just myths?
My quote brought over from another thread... the answers you seek are in this:
Pent wrote:Here is how the Madexx spawn works...

He spawns. If you are not right there when he spawns you won't see him or his corpse.

He isn't phased, but if a hunter from another phase hits him first he will phase out of the other phases and completely into the phase he is getting attacked from.

Also, if you are flying around in circles trying to camp him... realize that one good loop around his well known spawn points takes close to 1min-2min, and in that time he can spawn, be tamed or killed... and if he is killed he will more than likely get skinned pretty quick because skinners go there to skin the other scorpions all the time. (edit: He is skinnable, seen him skinned about 3 times)

He exists, but he spawns smack dab in the middle of a quest area AND an archeological site so getting him will take time and patience.

My patience is wearing very thin.
If left unskinned his corpse will stay out for a little bit longer (2-4min longer from experience) than a normal corpse would.
"Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." ~ Terry Pratchett

I need more hunters, IMO.

"A hobby should pass the time, not fill it." --Norman Bates "Psycho"
Miyon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Currently on hiatus

Unread post by Miyon »

Pent wrote:
Miyon wrote:So, that Madexx.. When killed, does his corpse stay out pretty long before despawning and is he unskinnable or is that all just myths?

He spawns. If you are not right there when he spawns you won't see him or his corpse.

He isn't phased, but if a hunter from another phase hits him first he will phase out of the other phases and completely into the phase he is getting attacked from.

Also, if you are flying around in circles trying to camp him... realize that one good loop around his well known spawn points takes close to 1min-2min, and in that time he can spawn, be tamed or killed... and if he is killed he will more than likely get skinned pretty quick because skinners go there to skin the other scorpions all the time. (edit: He is skinnable, seen him skinned about 3 times)

He exists, but he spawns smack dab in the middle of a quest area AND an archeological site so getting him will take time and patience.

If left unskinned his corpse will stay out for a little bit longer (2-4min longer from experience) than a normal corpse would.
Thank you! :) but about the bolded sentence, what exactly do you mean by that? Say if I find a madexx and wanting to find another hunter to come and tame, won't he be able to see it, or have I misunderstood you?

Pokemon X/Y FC: 1779-1244-0605

Shade
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Alliance: Garona; Horde: Nordrassil

Unread post by Shade »

I didn't know that!

I spent about two weeks hunting him. In that time I saw a blue one get killed by a rogue, tamed the green version, then later the saw and tamed the brown.

Neither were my fave color so I kept looking. Saw another green spawn and I think I saw a brown's corpse (but it was so late in the morning and I was half asleep I could have dreamed that one.

Yesterday had a warrior tell me they saw the blue five mins before I logged in. I looked around but never spotted him, his corpse or a hunter with him-maybe he phased out.

Five hours later I check in from helping my sister level her lowbie and NPC gives me a heart attack.

Rhyela

Unread post by Rhyela »

Darn all you people and your green Madexxes! I have brown and while I do really like him, I really love that green color. I do not want to do that crappy camp again, only to have some other color spawn. If only there was a way to will the green one to spawn when I wanted it to. :lol:

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

The more I see this thread and the more I see that scorpid the more enthralled I become with him and have to have him. I'm doomed.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Rhyela

Unread post by Rhyela »

zedxrgal wrote:The more I see this thread and the more I see that scorpid the more enthralled I become with him and have to have him. I'm doomed.
Avert your eyes, before it's too late!

It probably already is. His image has been burned into your brain, and now you won't be able to sleep soundly until you have a Madexx of your own. The great thing about Madexx is that he has a simple beauty. You will see tons of the other rares, but that's what makes Madexx truly stand out.

Oops, I probably shouldn't have said all that. :lol:

Pent
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Pent - Mt. Hyjal - Alliance

Unread post by Pent »

Miyon wrote:
Pent wrote:

Thank you! :) but about the bolded sentence, what exactly do you mean by that? Say if I find a madexx and wanting to find another hunter to come and tame, won't he be able to see it, or have I misunderstood you?
It means if you attack Madexx it pulls him completely into your phase and only other hunters in your phase will be able to see him. I am not sure if resetting (Feign Death) with reset his phase or not, but I have been with a guildie who saw Madexx go from being "there" to not being there... and then about 30sec later another hunter said in General Chat they tamed him in the same spot we were at.

I don't think there are THAT many phases in that location... two for sure... three maybe.
"Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." ~ Terry Pratchett

I need more hunters, IMO.

"A hobby should pass the time, not fill it." --Norman Bates "Psycho"
zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Rhyela wrote:
zedxrgal wrote:The more I see this thread and the more I see that scorpid the more enthralled I become with him and have to have him. I'm doomed.
Avert your eyes, before it's too late!

It probably already is. His image has been burned into your brain, and now you won't be able to sleep soundly until you have a Madexx of your own. The great thing about Madexx is that he has a simple beauty. You will see tons of the other rares, but that's what makes Madexx truly stand out.

Oops, I probably shouldn't have said all that. :lol:
You are only speaking the truth my dear. I'm so smitten and doomed. Smitten. That will be it's name. Smitten. Sounds cute. Now to make the mad dash runs to get to level 84. CURSE YOU MADEXX AND YOUR HYPNOTIC LOOK!! /shakesfist

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Rhyela

Unread post by Rhyela »

I doomed myself. I have decided that I'm going to camp for a green one now. I must have it. Must! There is no going back now. Let us hope I get it quickly, I feel my sanity slipping and I haven't even gone (back) out to the desert yet.

Good luck to you and to me!

Novikova

Well, I gotta have that blue. :( It's a deadly affliction. I just need to get my last rare knocked out before classes start.

Slickrock

Unread post by Slickrock »

green>blue/red for me...

and in competition with another fellow petopian for the green...
Account has been closed at user's request.