Obligatory "Where are you, rare pets?" Magic Luck Thread

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Ziarre
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore-US, Wyrmrest Accord-US

Re: Obligatory "Where are you, rare pets?" thread.

Unread post by Ziarre »

It does make me wonder...if posting here helps us remain steadfast, not giving up. At the very least, a little harmless superstition can't be bad! :lol:
Acherontia wrote:

It's like daring someone to go insult a bunch of kindly old nuns. You'll wind up going back to your friends with a story about how they smiled at your insults and tried to give you cookies, or something.

Shaiel - 110 Night Elf Hunter
Sahkar - 110 Mag'har Orc Hunter
Tumblr!

zedxrgal
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Posting on here seems to keep most of or a small portion of the insanity at bay. But not for everyone though. *snicker*

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Madwyn
Realm: Magtheridon

Unread post by Madwyn »

Karoma, Karoma. You are my last Cataclysm rare, and you have proven to be quite an elusive little devil. Show yourself tonight and I promise to take good care of you!

/cross fingers

= D

Edit: I circled her spawn points for 7 hours straight after posting this and no luck. The next night I flew over to Loch Modan to tame Ashtail. Afterwards, I started flying towards the stable master in Bloodgulch to empty up a spot for a future tame, and who do I bump into on the way? She was standing directly in from of the Crucible entrance. 10:30 PM on Magtheridon.

My spirit beast / Cataclysm rare collection is complete!

Now for a Red or Green Madexx..
Last edited by Madwyn on Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Slickrock2
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Slickrock2 »

Hmm...

Seeing the ss of blue Madexx, I think my red might get a dye job as well. So, blue Madexx, your job is not done yet. But first, Jadefang, let's get this over with and show up already, ok?
Vasken
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn (EU)

Unread post by Vasken »

Dear King Krush,

You know how much I love you. You're green! You're huge! You've got adorable itty-bitty-arms! I've been frantically camping your spawn points every night from 2-6 AM for the past few months. I've seen you killed, kited and skinned many times. Too many times!

Please spawn on top of me or something, will ya'?

Love,
The hunter who's contemplating taming a devilsaur from Un'goro instead.

Floof the Sambas!

Vasken - Troll Hunter - Argent Dawn EU

DeviantART || Skreel's Dragon Lair

Clou
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Area 52, Wyrmrest Accord, Moonguard

Unread post by Clou »

Aand I'm back to camping - lookin' for Miss Gondria this time; least it won't take forever to circuit all your spawn-points :3 It's early on, so I don't expect anything - I have no times to work with. So come out whenever you please, and we'll be happy to add ya to our troupe =)
saphia

Unread post by saphia »

just as i was getting ready to post here for my rare she turned up and at 4. 48 am server time I finally after a year or more of looking on and off and sevral camping sessions got my aotona and she is even more wonderful in the fleash than screen shots etc.
Clou
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Clou »

Grats =D

Hmm... I think I saw a Dwarf hunter earlier - hovering over one of Gondria's spawnpoints - he flew off though, and I've done a few laps, and not seen him since. There's a 77 Hordie hunter too - again, haven't seen him at the spawnpoints. I tend to assume people are after pets, even when they might just be questing xD I should ask (mindboggling!)
Vetiver
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Zul'jin US/Farstriders US

Re: Obligatory "Where are you, Karoma?" thread.

Unread post by Vetiver »

Wajjldkaat wrote:I hunt her to, haven't even seen her once! I've seen Sambas 4 times + 1 taming :<
jealous >.<

Thrawna Partyfavor Poliwrath Mint

...plus many, many more. <3

Rhapture
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Stormrage

Unread post by Rhapture »

I've been staring at lava for 2 days now. Current session is coming up on 12 straight hours. Any kind of turtle luck would be wonderful.

Many thanks to Sookie for the awesome signature and avatar

Kirrandria
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Kirrandria »

I seems to be having a lot of rare luck lately, but I'm really reluctant to pass it to you guys... not until this hunter I've been helping gets their Ghostcrawler! Come on, little crustacean, they've been here over 14 hours now! Please show up. You've got me here, and now I've posted on these forums...
Aeliel
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Aeliel »

Still circling for Karoma. Couldn't log in at 6hr from the last time I saw her dead (which would've been half an hour after midnight my time, and what with New Year's and all - yeah), so at 12hr I enlisted the boyfriend's help, just in case. I'd been doing some quests in the north after I found Karoma dead, so I passed by all of Sambas' spawnpoints while on my way to Karoma's. No Sambas.

Boyfriend comes to Twilight Highlands and also starts looping. "No Karoma" he says "want me to go north and check for Sambas? I have him cached, but I can look."
"Go ahead, but I checked about two minutes ago as I was moving south and he wasn't up. You can't really miss him if he's up anyway, he's a big conspicuous lion..."
Boyfriend flies north, heading for the rightmost spawnpoint. And sure enough, Sambas was up.

*scritches thread behind the ears* Who's a good lucky thread? *pets thread*

(Now gimmie Karoma. I got to stare at her dead body twice already. Every time NPCScan blares and I frantically press the button to target only to see her dead is a little bit more heartbreaking.)
-=[ Dreams of Iso'rath ]=-
-=[ Image ]=-
Sochi
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary

Unread post by Sochi »

Dear Thread,

Still searching for that lion. Haven't seen one hair on his tawny hide. Not a whisker, nor a tail-tip. Feeling oddly impatient on this hunt, not exactly sure why. I was calmer seeking Krush, and during that I was NPCscan-bombed more than a few times.

I'm not one to back down easily, not one to give up. I'm feet-in-the-cement-stubborn, to be honest. But I don't mind a wee bit of luck on my side. I seldom seem to get it. So, Thread, if you'd be so kind, grant me my wish for this first hunting of the new year.

With thanks,
Shaon
Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

Okay, green Madexx. It's a new year, which means new possibilities. One of these possibilities you should very seriously consider is appearing in front of me like your bronze counterpart did. I saved some of my New Years pie for you. You know I love you a LOT and want nothing more than to bring you home. So, if you would be so kind as to join me, I would be eternally grateful and forever yours.

Love,
Rhyela

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Dialga
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Dialga »

Now I know what they mean by they spawn right under you.

Chillin in Abyssal, convinced Ghostcrawler is long gone. Talking on phone with mother, giving New Year phone hugs, when suddenly, hey what's with my arrow on the ma-HOLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY HE PHASED RIGHT UNDER MY SEAHORSE

Ice Trap, Hysteria, Abandon, tame (Holy cr-p Nerfbat hurts), and bam. I thank my mother with a quivering voice for making me lucky, while she gives an amused chuckle.

Good New Year's indeed. Also 11:20 pm PST SWC was the tame. Happy hunting!
Ryai
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Ryai »

Dear King Dred.

Rosalyn is oh so very sorry for all the times she had to kill you in DTK. But people always want to kill you and she could not risk being kicked from group. Please find it in your tiny, reptilian heart to forgive Rosalyn, and tell your big brother King Krush, that Rosalyn very much wishes to give him a good home.

P.S. She has Dragon flanks and Crocolisk tails to spoil him with.

p.p.s. she is also looking into obtaining gnome burgers.

Please send Krush, Rosalyn's way soon <3

that was actually fun to write lol
saphia

Unread post by saphia »

rubs thread for luck come on loquey my dear one its time you came out of hidding afterall I have been looking for you since wrath came out and have never seen hide nor hair of you I am sorry I had to go and do other things for a bit But this time I will keep looking till you come out to me. well other than sleep that is as I have already spent all night looking for you and if I dont sleep now I wont be able to give you all the nice food and play games with you like I promise you I will.
Clou
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Clou »

*pets thread* Done the 'Zul'drak Gondria' route so many times, I've ceased needed to flip open the map xD Would be nice if I had at least a vague timeframe to work with, mind. I'm happy to camp/circle for hours, but if there isn't even a chance of a spawn for 12 hours, I could go get a few levels. Ah well - she'll show up eventually.

Hopefully xD *extra thread-pet*
saphia

Unread post by saphia »

If it is of any help I spoted gondira early morning server time several times so I would sugest you check her spwan points at say 8am to 10am or so server time for her. Strangely I also always saw her at the same spawn point by the wall as you go upto the second level if I remeber correctly.
Clou
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Clou »

This thread is SEXY *luffles it* Got me my little purple spirit-kitty at 9.27am server time, after a 9-and-a-half hour camp. Flailed off my mount, landed clumsily. Plopped a trap, failing to watch my surroundings - tagged her, and hit tame. Had a random mob saunter over and sit on my trap; thank Loas that Gondria hits like a wet noodle compared to Krush.

She really is very beautiful; I know people are lovin' the Cata beasties, but with this being my first 'proper' Hunter, I'm still besotted by even the 'out-of-date' skins xD