Am I being a bit odd?

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Novikova
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Am I being a bit odd?

Unread post by Novikova »

Since my stables are juuuuuuust about full and I don't know how I feel wrestling 99 million other hunters for Sambas just yet (He's turbo cool and all but... Maybe I'll be happy just cheering for peeps who got him), I decided to try for a minisquee to match big squee spiders. They're just so friggin' cute I tamed a yellow and a purple one too.

So, the oddity. I wanted the minipet to go with my armada of squees. I parked Novi, missed her by 5 minutes this evening - d'oh! No matter. Parked her after playing with my druid a bit. Got up nice and early (~6:30 my time, 4:30AM server) and AWOOOOOGAH! There she was in the cave! Jadefang! I always thought of her as a she. No idea why. I didn't see anyone else camping or any hunters in the area, so I tagged her and killed her. Got my minisquee to match!

But a part of me feels kinda guilty for it. I'm sorry Jadey. :( At least I have you tamed too! And I have no idea why. Has anyone else felt a bit odd about killing a rare for a drop? Especially say, Jadefang? I adore having both a minisquee and a regular sized squee but ... yeah. It feels weird! I'm too soft and squishy in old age.
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Neko
Realm: Moonguard, Kirin Tor

Re: Am I being a bit odd?

Unread post by Neko »

There is nothing wrong with getting little Jadefang if no one was around and no campers. Also Congratulations on your Big Squee and Little Squee. :D
Draenei, 25000 years old and that's not even middle aged.
Wajjldkaat
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Ragnaros

Unread post by Wajjldkaat »

Haha I feel like you there!
Found Jadefang when i flew over the cave. I flew inside and got there,
when I was about to kill her I went lika "wth are you doing??" "You are a hunter, and you kill a rare you don't have?!"
this ends up with me having a new hunter pet instead :D haha
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

The first time I found Jadefang, I wasn't 85 yet, so the minipet was my only option :)
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

I tamed first, killed second. And as there was no one around for miles when I got my second Jadefang (yay Christmas day!) I definitely don't feel bad about doing it. I might feel bad later on if a different tameable rare gets a minipet, mount, or whatever, though. ... maybe. Depending.
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nordrassil

Unread post by Gimlion »

Meh, I personally would kill Jadefang, as I much prefer the purple Shale spiders. Granted I would only do this if no hunters were around for the tame (among killers, most of the time it doesn't matter for them, they would steal the kill from me if they had the chance, though if someone was there legitimately camping the mini-pet, i would wait my turn). Honestly, I wouldn't feel guilty about it as I spent the time camping her (I consider JF a her too, as with most Shale Spiders), and put in the effort to find her just as much as someone camping her for the tame, and either way Jade would have her spawn timer reset, so I don't much get why so many hunters jump down the throat of other hunters that had a tough time deciding between kill (for achievement or pet or etc.) or tame, because either way the pet would be gone for the duration of it's spawn timer, so either way they would have missed the pet.

Sig made by the Wonderful Serenith!

"You cannot judge me, I am Justice itself! We were meant for more than this, to protect the innocent. But, if our precious laws bind you all to inaction, then I will no longer stand as your brother." - Tyrael
Comett
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by Comett »

Lol, nothing wrong with it, but I did feel a twinge of guild/remorse/something going against my "hunter instinct" in killing a rare tamable. xD Ah well. That's what respawns are for.

Royi

Realm: Ysera

Unread post by Royi »

I wouldnt feel bad. Jadefang is a special breed, only one spawn point and in a place where no passerbyers are going to go by.

A good thing is that you KNOW if someone is camping Jadefang, because they would be right up in that cave. If they're not there then he's free to nab yourself a Mini-Squee.

I dont think of it as "killing", think of it as taming Jadefang, then using a Gnomish-Recombobulator device to shrink him to pet size :)
:) ~ Formally known as Royi ~
Novikova

Aw, thanks. I love 'em! Squees! :D And that's good. It kind of goes against my 'let the rare be' mentality. It's definitely nice when rares have one to three spawnpoints because then usually I can patrol them fast or just park my butt there. Shrink ray is a good way to think of it.

I felt kinda bad lookin' at a dead Jadefang and hearing all the horror stories. >< I like all the squees, but I didn't quite have room for a pinky.

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Vetiver
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Zul'jin US/Farstriders US

Unread post by Vetiver »

it was an impostor Jadefang, and baby Jade was trapped inside that monster! you saved her!!

Thrawna Partyfavor Poliwrath Mint

...plus many, many more. <3

Royi

Realm: Ysera

Unread post by Royi »

Novikova wrote:I felt kinda bad lookin' at a dead Jadefang .
Its not dead, its taking a nap. Good things happen when rares take naps sometimes.

Back while camping for TLPD a few weeks ago, I found Skoll, and since no one was around to tame him, I let him take a "nap" (theory about # rares up). 20 minutes later I got my TLPD :)
:) ~ Formally known as Royi ~
Novikova

Ehehe, aw. Thanks. She's just pining for the fjords I guess. :3 I have no idea why I felt a twinge of guilt about doing it. I love minipets. Well, that's a lie. I know perfectly well why. But now I can go back to not hurting squees.

Cozzene
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Cozzene »

I killed her for the pet. Then I felt SO guilty looking at her lifeless body. Ugh.
I actually just tamed her 15 min ago, and stated so in General, where an angry rogue who "missed the jump" then whispered me. I named her Maexxna. I don't now how to say that... MAYX-nah? may-EX-nah? MAX-nah? So, I call her Max.