Suggestions for the next expansion!

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Re: Suggestions for the next expansion!

Unread post by cowmuflage »

I would not call centaurs "Neutral" as they pretty much hate all most every body and Tauren more so. All so Naga I don't think would want to be allyed with the horde or alliance they have a pretty huge army as it is.
Kayb
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Kayb »

As far as new races go, things like Murlocs and Naga are highly unlikley, they're too far spread and theres too much overall hate towards them from a ingame story perspective.

Unless they do a complete 180 and retcon some lore in a major way. Which, is just as likely I guess, look what they did with Draeni and Worgen afterall.
Check out some arty stuff?
http://admiral-lilwall.deviantart.com/

'Words do not win wars. That is a tragedy.'

http://lilwall.net
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

i could see the murloc intregrated into the alliance, and the Nagas into the hordies... i mean there could come some new threat that made their vast armys useless.. or there could be "traitor" nagas and murlocs who wanted to join the horde and the allience to fight the undead army approaching on their lands too.

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nordrassil

Unread post by Gimlion »

I'm sorry but I would NEVER see Murlocs or Naga joining EITHER sides... Do you realize how many times you have to kill BOTH of these races, if not for what they've done then just to spite their race???? Both think they are an abomination, and like the DK's, unless some major force (such as Tirion) convinces us to let them in our ranks, which is doubtable at best, then I almost guarantee we'll never see them playable. And what about actual game mechanics? How the hell is a naga to ride mounts? I mean it's one thing having a faction w/o mounts, but making a race that cannot mount at all is just ridiculous.

Sig made by the Wonderful Serenith!

"You cannot judge me, I am Justice itself! We were meant for more than this, to protect the innocent. But, if our precious laws bind you all to inaction, then I will no longer stand as your brother." - Tyrael
Protego
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Azuremyst

Unread post by Protego »

I wouldn't mind a Hunter-like class. And I'm not gonna believe the end of Warcraft until I hear it from the officials themselves!
Robot Wars is renewed for 6 episodes! I love some Exotic pets! And I hate spiders for.. "pets"!

Davarra
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Kargath, Suramar, Eitrigg, Korialstrasz, Nagrand

Unread post by Davarra »

Cerah wrote:However, everyone I've talked to pretty much hate the water zones, and it is kind of an unwritten Law of Video Games that any water-based level or dungeon will be, without exception, a giant pain in the ass (for a prime example, the Water Temple in The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time). So I severely doubt that we'll see any water-themed expansions, as much as I would love playable Naga. Maybe a content patch, but not an expansion.
I liked the Water Temple in OoT actually. I also really enjoyed Kedge Keep in EQ. I was the guild's designated camper for anything we needed there since I knew it so well and was always willing to go park there and get it done. I just can't bring myself to like the water physics in WoW...it's one area I feel EQ really smokes WoW.

Sig and av by the very talented Kurenio!

fatman
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Aman'Thul (both sides)

Unread post by fatman »

A suggestion for implementation ASAP: Glyph of Prairie Dog - Mage polymorphs opponent into a Prairie Dog!
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

Taluwen wrote:
Kayb wrote:It'll be the Emerald Dream or the South Seas imo
They scrapped the Emerald Dream so not a chance. Besides, druids would never EVER allow outsiders within....nor would the Emerald Dragonflight.
\

Emerald dream haven't been wrapped up yet. Read the book. There is something bigger than the satyr that started the nightmare.

and the druids aren't owners of the emerald dream. Saying that is like saying shaman are the lords of the 4 elemental planes.
Kayb
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Kayb »

yeah i'd still say the dream or the south seas are the two most likely candidates.

i'd rather they opened up the rest of the known world of Azeroth (south seas areas) before heading into other planes of reality.

not to mention we've only seen one half of the world so far, i'd be keen the see the other side as well!

Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Gimlion »

Kayb wrote:yeah i'd still say the dream or the south seas are the two most likely candidates.

i'd rather they opened up the rest of the known world of Azeroth (south seas areas) before heading into other planes of reality.

not to mention we've only seen one half of the world so far, i'd be keen the see the other side as well!
Actually we haven't, the boats and map just don't do it much justice. The map is like old maps from the medieval, flat representation of a spherical world.

"You cannot judge me, I am Justice itself! We were meant for more than this, to protect the innocent. But, if our precious laws bind you all to inaction, then I will no longer stand as your brother." - Tyrael
Kayb
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Kayb »

as shown by in game globes, and stated by blizzard themselves, the map of azeroth we've seen is just one side of the planet. there is more out there somehwere, boats and zeps have gone west of kalimdor, and likewise they've gone east from the EKs, none have ever returned or been heard from again. its cited somewhere on wowpedia

*edit!*

after looking for said citation, it doesn't appear to be there anymore, so perhaps something changed somewhere along the lines, still there are the various globes in the game showing another side. true enough they are hardly a basis for claiming the concept as fact, but nothing outright say there isn't either ^_^

Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Gimlion »

Huh, AFAIK (Which could be diddly squat) ;) Azeroth used to just be one big continent surrounded by ocean until the Well of Eternity/War of The Ancients shindig. Then with the splitting it was just Kalimdor, EK, NR, and a few islands. I could very well be entirely incorrect, but I thought I read somewhere that it was just the three main continents.

Edit: So I found the quote from WoWpedia you were referring to.

The world of Azeroth may have lands located at the other side, beyond the Veiled Sea to the west of Kalimdor, and beyond the Forbidding Sea to the east of the Eastern Kingdoms. No one is sure or has knowledge of what (if anything) lie on the other side of Azeroth. At least one land, Pandaria, has not been located yet, so it could lie on the other side of the world. "A handful of ships have ventured from Kalimdor away from the Maelstrom — to the north, west, and south. None have yet returned."

While I take this with a grain of salt, it could mean there are other lands. However, I'm assuming that these boats that took north got either sunken by the Borean Naga, Kvaldir, A Kraken, froze, or got attacked by Undead. It is possible they missed NR and came back around, but I'm sure they would have been spotted/landed unless the South Seas took them.

Which brings me to the ones that left south. They either got caught up in the South Seas or hit the back side of NR circumnavigating, and could not make it back alive, at least imo.

And the ones that left to the west either could have hit a hostile country (Particularly a Horde one/Ghostlands if Nelf ships) on EK.

While it is possible there is another land, I'm not entirely convinced. This standpoint is mostly from the Night Elf stand point, as it would be rather hard to head west from Org. on a boat. Granted it could be from both factions, but the outcome is much the same.