Ok, ok, you were all right!!!

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Rhyela
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: US - Ysera

Ok, ok, you were all right!!!

Unread post by Rhyela »

I was stubborn to take the dive, but after taming Arcturis, I was intrigued by the spirit beasts. Now that I have Loque'nahak, I'm a convert. I did abandon Arc because I don't like bears, no matter how glowy and cool they are (and the neat spirit-puddles he leaves behind as he walks). But oh, Loque'nahak, how thou hath stolen my heart! I find his appearance odd, almost unattractive, but yet...that's what I like about him! I like his wide jaws and thin legs. I like how his spots are actually more like squiggles. I like his blue-flamed mouth and eyes, and I love how that light shines through the spots on his neck! And then, there's his roar. It's such a deep, commanding roar, I loved it as soon as I heard it for the first time.

So yes, fellow Petopians, you were right! I submit! Spirit beasts ARE awesome! <3

And I didn't think the day would come, but I believe I am happy with my five pets. For a long time I was shuffling them around, taming this and abandoning that, but now there's not a single pet in my stable that I want to get rid of. Apollyon may not be tromping around Sholazar anymore, but he's still King of my stable! Dante (L'n) is next on my list, with Sheldon (turtle), Surge (silithid), and Tetsusaiga (cat - Echeyakee specifically) all taking third place. I obviously won't get rid of Apollyon EVER, nor can I abandon Dante. And I most certainly would not be able to choose any of the other three to abandon! My stable is now much more, it's my family. <3 :hug: /cheese

Sorry for the rambling, just wanted to share my thoughts! :D

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Kryte
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Re: Ok, ok, you were all right!!!

Unread post by Kryte »

Congratulations. Speaking as someone who goes through pets like a lab goes through fur, it's nice find a pet (or group of pets) that you can be content with.
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Haha, I hear you completely. xD

Never had an interest...then tamed Gondria, then HAD to have Skoll, and now I'm searching for Loque. >.>
Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master
Realm: US Grizzly Hills, Deathwing, Wyrmrest Accord
Location: Wandering aimlessly under the effect of the Curse of Burgy BlackheaLET'S BUCKLE SOME SWASH!!

Unread post by Ryno »

Edrawr wrote:So yes, fellow Petopians, you were right! I submit! Spirit beasts ARE awesome! <3
P. Dawg is glad you like his work. ;)

VelkynKarma
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Quel'Dorei, Nessingwary
Location: Saturo's necromancy class. Karma = World's Worst Necromancer.

Unread post by VelkynKarma »

I totally agree, I wasn't in the spirit-beast race until I got Loque'Nahak and now I love my Rhylnar to death :D I keep an eye out for Skoll a lot too.

Three of my five stable slots seem permanently reserved now...I don't think I'll ever ditch my hyena, devilsaur, or Loque'nahak. I currently also have a wasp and a tallstrider, but either one would be ditchable to me, to be honest. We'll see what happens in the future...

~VelkynKarma

Silinrul and Jiaphyon of <Ominous Latin Name>

A big thanks to Vephriel for the awesome signature :)

Help my Dragons

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I feel like we should all belong to some Spirit Beast Converts Anonymous group or something. xD

"Hi....my name is Vephriel. I never thought I cared about Spirit Beasts before. Now I.....I tamed one. And, and I can't stop. I just need more! D:"
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

The only spirit beast I like is Gondria. I absolutely hate Loque'Nahak. He's ugly, and the roar is incredibly annoying. I guess I could learn to like Skoll too, but only because I like wolves, and especially the northrend model. I'd be missing out on a great spell tough...

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

seclipse
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Garithos

Unread post by seclipse »

i first tamed loque, then gondria, then skoll, and came across arc a few days back. then i though to myself... when was the last time i actually used any of them. im a SV raiding hunter and i only use my wolf to raid. so i released them all sept loque since he was my first and my fav and went and tamed some pets ill actually use for soloing/PVP lol

i was a spirit beast convert, but then i just realized im wasting space.
if they ever buff BM back up and make it usefull for what i do and make the spirits worthwhile ill gladly go camping for them again
Foru21dr
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Tanaris (Alliance) Nessingwary (Horde)

Unread post by Foru21dr »

I am also joining this group. I was an MM hunter until recently. I don't raid with my main so I could go for the exotics. I didn't necessarily want spirit beast, just "some" exotics to play with as BM. Well that some has changed to almost all of my stable slots.

As far as the Spirit Beasts, Loque was the first that I got. Someone else had spotted him and asked if anyone wanted. I thought what the heck, I would love to try one and she directed me to him to tame. I don't like the looks of him that well, but like the others, it's his roar that I find so thrilling.

Then came skoll. Never intend to get him, but was cruising around Storm Peaks to see if I could find the lost drake. Skoll NPC went off and I thought.. damn I have to go get him. Now I tell myself my stable is full and no more pets. Don't know how long that will last :-)
Nesingwary Petopians - Bitka, Quïll Xendral, Ximbol, Saehi, and Tryxter
Nesingwary Petopian Alliance - Sorree and Xylda

http://dragcave.net/user/foru21dr My Cave
Valinai
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Dentarg

Unread post by Valinai »

My husband laughs at me whenever he asks "what are you doing?" and I say "looking for Skoll" or "looking for Loque".

He just doesn't get it! I know you all do. <3
Kroxis
Realm: Daggerspine -US

Unread post by Kroxis »

I converted with gondria, then on the hunt for King Krush stumbled upon Loque, so of course I jumped at the chance to get Arc and Skoll, Ironicly abandoning Gond and Loque for them.

The original reason I avoided them was that they were cats. I disliked cats from day 1 for how popular they were.

However as soon as we get more slots Im at least getting gondria back.

On the other thing of note Im also content with my main 3 which oddly dont include the SB's. Sillithid, disembodied jormunger and Krush
Ryai
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Ryai »

Actually I never liked cats that much not because of their popularity, but because of well .. how small they are to cows. I dislike small pets with Ryai :<

Anyways it is fun to see how a spirit beast can convert someone to BM :) does make a nice change. And I'm glad for all who've gotten the beasts they want :D

Tho for some reason I don't get why people still gloat to me in WoW when I try to congratulate them- seriously they tell me they have all 4 like I should worship them or they're better than me O_o

>_> srsly when did those people start thinking having spirit beasts = they're better than you?
Kastarakovski
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Saurfang, Icecrown, Ysera, Nesingwary

Unread post by Kastarakovski »

Ryai wrote:Tho for some reason I don't get why people still gloat to me in WoW when I try to congratulate them- seriously they tell me they have all 4 like I should worship them or they're better than me O_o

>_> srsly when did those people start thinking having spirit beasts = they're better than you?

It's unfortunate but some hunters out there have an overly-developed ego. And the vanity that goes with it.
Don't let them get you down. It's obvious that someone refused them Telaari Grapes at some point in their lifetime...

Shandorei
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Magtheridon

Unread post by Shandorei »

Edrawr wrote:I was stubborn to take the dive, but after taming Arcturis, I was intrigued by the spirit beasts. Now that I have Loque'nahak, I'm a convert. I did abandon Arc because I don't like bears, no matter how glowy and cool they are (and the neat spirit-puddles he leaves behind as he walks). But oh, Loque'nahak, how thou hath stolen my heart! I find his appearance odd, almost unattractive, but yet...that's what I like about him! I like his wide jaws and thin legs. I like how his spots are actually more like squiggles. I like his blue-flamed mouth and eyes, and I love how that light shines through the spots on his neck! And then, there's his roar. It's such a deep, commanding roar, I loved it as soon as I heard it for the first time.

Omg I nearly cry now.. not really but .. xD Loque'Nahak, the creature I adore the most.

over four days playtime of camping now, still only two sightings... And I've seen King Krush once, but I helped another hunter get him instead of wasting him and kill him.

Alright ... This signature was made by Saturo, and it was based on my old character! But now I rolled a new character and got my profile renamed! :D