Horde on my server cheating with Tol barad

Saturo

Re: Horde on my server cheating with Tol Bard

Unread post by Saturo »

Just tried this on BF's rogue, and it worked. I was able to stay in TB. It did take several tries though, so I believe it's a rather rare bug. Amusingly, before 3.2 I had been able to do the same for WG.

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Adam-Savage
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Anvilmar

Unread post by Adam-Savage »

Ryai wrote:
Every time I denied joining a raid or dropped a WG raid I was always kicked out. Always. As were my friends. And for TB it ALWAYS kicks you out. I lagged/dc'd and was kicked out to org. I got on the bridge to far and was kicked out to org. You always get kicked out of TB, always.

Face it you can't win a BG every single time. Case in point, yesterday I got like 8 wins in a row on my Gobby hunter, Apricot. Day after that, couple wins and like 5/6 losses.

You can't win something every single time you play. But you CAN lose something every single time you play, as it's harder to get things set up in your favor, then it is for things to not be in your favor.

BTW: Did you make sure none of YOUR faction was dropping group? As it can happen and there can be sudden and vast changes of numbers as the game will NOT kick people from the other side when it happens.

IE: had a TB match of 5v5, then it became 8v8/10v10, then about 6 hordies dropped group and oh god we were outnumbered. And then -more- horde joined, and more joined when more ally joined. So make sure people aren't dropping group on your side or just afking out.
Really ?? Your gonna sit there and call me a liar ? Where you there when it happened ? I don't think you where.. I may not like the horde on my server but I would never make stuff about them or lie and say I did something when I didn't.

So you want me to prove it to you that the horde are cheating ? The MAX a raid group can be is 40 people.. I did a /who on the zone. I got back 49 people with 3 in the non pvp questing area. 49-3= 46 horde players..So if the max raid group allowed is 40 then why is there 6 extra players in the PVP zone of Tol Bard ? I can tell you why.. They get a kill and they drop raid and stay in the zone.. I confirmed this with my buddy who said he was able to do the same thing. Below is the screenshot that Is directly from my screenshot folder in wow. I couldn't think of a name to use so I Hijacked Saturo's.lol Sorry sat.

Cozzene
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Cozzene »

Ok, so it's a bug that one side is using. Can your side use it? Why aren't you? Fight fire with fire. If you're worried about being punished for exploiting, then unfortunately you'll just have to deal with it until it's fixed. If it's that game breaking, open a ticket or take it to the bug forums.
Ryai
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Ryai »

AdamSavage wrote:So you want me to prove it to you that the horde are cheating ? The MAX a raid group can be is 40 people.. I did a /who on the zone. I got back 49 people with 3 in the non pvp questing area. 49-3= 46 horde players..So if the max raid group allowed is 40 then why is there 6 extra players in the PVP zone of Tol Bard ? I can tell you why.. They get a kill and they drop raid and stay in the zone.. I confirmed this with my buddy who said he was able to do the same thing. Below is the screenshot that Is directly from my screenshot folder in wow. I couldn't think of a name to use so I Hijacked Saturo's.lol Sorry sat.

Because afaik Tol Barad can hold what was the cap they put in, 140? 132? I know they put in a cap of 100 something people for both sides, Adam. It's not 'One raid worth' because I was in a TB once that sure as hell had more than one raid but I was NOT cheating to get in and peiople sure as hell weren't afking out to cheat.

As Sat said she had to try several times for it to happen for her, so I don't think people are that desperate to keep trying and trying to cheat for such a well, flimsy way to hack the system when TB is so 'easy street' as it is anyways.

I'm not saying your a liar directly, I was just saying you were over reacting [sides I just said lies, I use lies for everything it's my trademark remark, ask Aria]. You're making it out that ALL the horde are cheating, when they might not be. Have you made sure that as I said ally aren't afking out, that there wasn't another raid there, even half full?

If you think they really are using an exploit you need to ticket game mods and you know alert it to the officials, but other than that it really doesn't smell that fishy to me, I mean how many people are really going to just /afk out and pray they get the glitch or whatever the hell it is they're trying for? As Saturo proved it's not that easy to replicate, so the people at hand are probably either A: from the same guild or B: just lowlifes or C: it's just a normal glitch.

But if it's a glitch or an exploit the only way it'll be fixed is if you go about and bring this up to the people that can actually do something about it.
Adam-Savage
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Cozzene wrote:Ok, so it's a bug that one side is using. Can your side use it? Why aren't you? Fight fire with fire. If you're worried about being punished for exploiting, then unfortunately you'll just have to deal with it until it's fixed. If it's that game breaking, open a ticket or take it to the bug forums.
I can't confirm if my side is doing it myself but I've heard from others that we are. I would have to do a /who on the alliance as well when the next match is going.

@Ryai. I don't see how I made it seem like all the horde where cheating. I've clearly said many times the horde on MY server. Also the screenshot I posted speaks for it self. You have 46 players in the match and 40 are actually in a raid group. If STILL don't believe me then make a alt on my server and do the /who yourself and you will see what I seen provided there doing it again. For them being in the same guild there where alot of players from the same guilds so it was organized and not just a bunch of random horde players that got in.
Ryai
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Ryai »

AdamSavage wrote:For them being in the same guild there where alot of players from the same guilds so it was organized and not just a bunch of random horde players that got in.
Then guess what.

You can report the guilds for exploiting. Report buttons do exist for reasons like this Adam, it's not all about reporting people named KnockedUp, FuckYou in accents or flying mages with no skill in pvp.

As it's been said reporting and getting this to light is the ONLY way to stop crap.
Adam-Savage
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Ryai wrote:
AdamSavage wrote:For them being in the same guild there where alot of players from the same guilds so it was organized and not just a bunch of random horde players that got in.
Then guess what.

You can report the guilds for exploiting. Report buttons do exist for reasons like this Adam, it's not all about reporting people named KnockedUp, FuckYou in accents or flying mages with no skill in pvp.

As it's been said reporting and getting this to light is the ONLY way to stop crap.
I plan to. I'm gonna open a ticket about it to.
Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Acherontia »

Your math is a bit wrong, as the max a /who will show is 49. You can't say, it says 49, and as 3 were in the peninsula, it means the island was 46.

What you need to do is get it at a time when you have less than 49 in the zone, and check and see if there's 49+ on the opposite faction--if they have more, they're cheating. Sorry, I shoulda specified the 49 limit.

Hopefully if they ARE cheating, it'll get dealt with fast--I'd definitely put a post on the PvP forums at least, to call attention to it.
Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

You can have multiple raid groups legitimately going in TB at once. The problem comes if the sides somehow get unbalanced.

Your screenshot doesn't prove much on its own; you'd need a screenshot showing the alliance numbers in TB from around the same time for it to make your point. On a higher populated server, I'd imagine that multiple raid groups in a particular TB battle are more common than not. Heck, even on Dethecus, we can spill over into a second raid - legitimately - on both sides.

That's not to say that this isn't happening on your server; it's just that you haven't shown us proof that it's happening, so it's hard to tell what the case is.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Adam-Savage
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Kalliope wrote:You can have multiple raid groups legitimately going in TB at once. The problem comes if the sides somehow get unbalanced.

Your screenshot doesn't prove much on its own; you'd need a screenshot showing the alliance numbers in TB from around the same time for it to make your point. On a higher populated server, I'd imagine that multiple raid groups in a particular TB battle are more common than not. Heck, even on Dethecus, we can spill over into a second raid - legitimately - on both sides.

That's not to say that this isn't happening on your server; it's just that you haven't shown us proof that it's happening, so it's hard to tell what the case is.
I hadn't thought of that. I didn't know you could have more then one raid group for Tol Bard..

on a side note.. when did you gain the rank of mod ?
Ryai
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Ryai »

AdamSavage wrote:I hadn't thought of that. I didn't know you could have more then one raid group for Tol Bard..

Because afaik Tol Barad can hold what was the cap they put in, 140? 132? I know they put in a cap of 100 something people for both sides, Adam. It's not 'One raid worth' because I was in a TB once that sure as hell had more than one raid but I was NOT cheating to get in and peiople sure as hell weren't afking out to cheat.
Even a dev mentioned a while ago they had put a max pop cap for the BG to prevent another WG fiasco 2.0.

I remember old days.

I remember 4-7 full alliance raids to 2-3 horde raids.

It was not pretty >.>
Kalliope

AdamSavage wrote:
Kalliope wrote:You can have multiple raid groups legitimately going in TB at once. The problem comes if the sides somehow get unbalanced.

I hadn't thought of that. I didn't know you could have more then one raid group for Tol Bard..

Yep, it's possible! It's also a pain in the butt, especially as a healer.

Yesterday. :mrgreen:

YouTube Edition

Adam-Savage
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

So if 49 is the max and there was more then 49 there wouldn't the entire /who list show only Tol Bard ? I'm wondering how many are in the non pvp area questing or whatever. It said only 3 which is low for this time of day.
Kalliope

It probably got cut off due to capping out, so in order to get an accurate number for the peninsula, you'd have to specifically search for Tol Barad Peninsula.

YouTube Edition

Adam-Savage
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Kalliope wrote:It probably got cut off due to capping out, so in order to get an accurate number for the peninsula, you'd have to specifically search for Tol Barad Peninsula.
hmmm..That would help figure out who is where better. The next battle is starting soon so I will have to check both sides for numbers.
Adam-Savage
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

So right now the horde have 40 players in Tol Barad and the alliance has only 28-29...

Kalliope

The bottom of the horde list is on the peninsula...looks like the alliance outnumber the horde, if anything. xD

YouTube Edition

Adam-Savage
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Kalliope wrote:The bottom of the horde list is on the peninsula...looks like the alliance outnumber the horde, if anything. xD
Look where the scroll the button is.. I'm at the END of the list. I highlighted a player to use a reference point to where I am in the list.

Last edited by Adam-Savage on Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ryai
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Ryai »

I'm still confused. For the horde list, there were more horde in TB Pen. For ally I only saw 1.

Anyways the other thing is, was this at the start of the event? Because if it wasn't as I said ally could have just AFKED OUT Adam. People do that all the time, I've had it happen to me in TB and other BG's, People QQ and whine it's to hard and give up even when there's still a chance to turn things around. If you're whoing during the middle of the game it's possible people dropped out and others just aren't queued for TB.
Adam-Savage
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Ryai wrote:I'm still confused. For the horde list, there were more horde in TB Pen. For ally I only saw 1.

Anyways the other thing is, was this at the start of the event? Because if it wasn't as I said ally could have just AFKED OUT Adam. People do that all the time, I've had it happen to me in TB and other BG's, People QQ and whine it's to hard and give up even when there's still a chance to turn things around. If you're whoing during the middle of the game it's possible people dropped out and others just aren't queued for TB.
*sigh* The ones I posted up are near the end... The horde numbers where 40 and the alliance where 29. In plain English it was a 40 vs 29 match...40 Horde VS 29 Alliance. I even jumped on vent and got a guild member to verify the number of people in tol bard on the alliance side. I checked 4-5x to make sure these where correct numbers and to get a better idea of the numbers during the battle..I'm not the only one player who has noticed this. As I said before.. more and more people are starting to notice and are commenting on it.

Here is one of the screenshots with a red circle around the little box thingy.. This marks the position in the list.. When you scroll down the little grey boxes goes down as well. Recheck the shots and you will see the position in the list is different each.. I'm putting quite abit of effort to prove my point and it's getting quite frustrating that I have to keep going out of my way to prove a point..To me what I have in the screenshots shows clear as day how many are on each side..Start counting the number of names starting from the first shot and keep going. I had a small overlap to use as a reference to where I was in the list..If you still don't see 40 horde then I give up..It's a lost cause.

EDIT: I used far less info on the battle net forums and nobody there is having an issues understanding me.. I have no idea why I'm hitting a brick wall here.. It's not like I'm making this up.. I have better things to with my time then to do this. I've been playing the game long enough to know when this many people are talking about something like this then there is something up for sure..