Are there any wolves that still howl ?

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
malikith
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Re: Are there any wolves that still howl ?

Unread post by malikith »

Ive not really looked. I use the Armoured wolf almost always but i have sound off. If one persons armoured wolf then they all do.
Ryai
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Ryai »

malikith wrote:Ive not really looked. I use the Armoured wolf almost always but i have sound off. If one persons armoured wolf then they all do.
Worgs do NOT howl tho. They don't even have the rear back and howl animation. Coyote models are the ONLY wolves that vocalize.

Other creatures that do the howl animation w.o howl; Core Hounds, Saber Worgs, wild Hyenas. Some others probably. But only coyote wolves howl
Zeanah
Realm: Anetheron

Unread post by Zeanah »

I am so happy to be able to contribute something useful to this forum for once, other than drooling over all the shiny new pets other hunters find! I just finished an experiment this very morn, testing the howl idle sound on 2 rares. I spent the past two mornings taming Snarler & Mist Howler. I tamed both skins just minutes apart. I noticed on the first day after the tame, that the wolves rarely made their idle howl sound. Pre-cata, these 2 models did it quite often, hence my fondness for them. I spent great periods of time being idle with these wolves...same cute actions, sniffin, ear scratchin...but rarely a peep out of them. So I sent them to sanctuary & tamed the models again the next morn to repeat the "howl test", yeilding the same quiet results.
I am not suprised tho, many pet models got a re-do with cata, either in skin, animation or both. My ghost saber used to be silent, now all my kitty skins make THAT sound...you know what Im talkin about! Oh, back to wolves: I can also confirm that NONE of these models howl: Karoma, The Lone Hunter, OCJ, Deathmaw, Gorefang, Ghost Howl, Lupos & Death Howl.
Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nordrassil

Unread post by Gimlion »

The Mage Hunters and Demon Hounds used to do the howl animation but with a yippy sort of sound. I'm not sure about any more, but I've seen mine do this many times back in WoTLK.

Sig made by the Wonderful Serenith!

"You cannot judge me, I am Justice itself! We were meant for more than this, to protect the innocent. But, if our precious laws bind you all to inaction, then I will no longer stand as your brother." - Tyrael
Cristiana-Wolf
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Shu'halo

Unread post by Cristiana-Wolf »

On my human hunter, I've just got a normal old elwynn forest wolf. I've seen it sit and raise its leg to scratch its ear, I remember that animation, but having no computer for a year and a half I can't quite remember if I've seen the howl action. .-.
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Vanilla wolves howl. Worgs and any others do not.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

ashdawn
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by ashdawn »

Skoll has a howling animation, if this information helps in any way at all.
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

ashdawn wrote:Skoll has a howling animation, if this information helps in any way at all.
He doesn't make noises. Most of the wolves have the animation but they don't actually make a sound. Only the old school wolves do.

LisaaraPokefarm

Demonicow
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Echo Isles

Unread post by Demonicow »

before mop i think im not 100% sure but u could get your pet to make a sound by using kill command with no target or a friendly target they dont do that anymore
atm wolves in general only howl when using their primary ability and the saber worgs have a similar howl, skoll only does this when an ability is being activated but not all the time same as how a warlocks minions will sometimes emote when u click on an ability without being in combat.
"Y’know, Taurens are born hunters. You ever see a Tauren catch a salmon out of a stream? It really is quite exciting. You ever see a Tauren stalk a python? 'Course you haven't. That's because Tauren are so adept at blending in with their surroundings."

"Five curses and spite live in each gnome this truth cant be ignored, the best way to get rid of a gnome is to throw that Gnome Overboard.""

Armory
zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Ryai wrote:Other creatures that do the howl animation w.o howl; wild Hyenas.
Are you meaning untamed hyenas when you say this? The only reason I ask is all of my tamed hyenas have made the howling animation (without the noise) and they do it quite frequently. :lol: I even have SS's of it from back in the day. :D

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

You guys know this thread was necroed from 2011, yes? :D

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

I do not....

Cause this is Thriller!

*does the zombie dance*

LisaaraPokefarm