Favourite Spirit Beast

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.

Favourite Spirit Beast

Loque’nahak
48%
Gondria
10%
Skoll
27%
Arcturis
15%

Total votes: 62

Sphax
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Boulderfist Eu

Favourite Spirit Beast

Unread post by Sphax »

As the topic says what is your favourite spirit beast

Do you have it tamed?
How did you tame it? Share us your moment of triumph ! Also share us sad moments seeing someone else taming it infront ur eyes or finding it dead ;)

For me my favourite is Loque'nahak

My story was pretty funny :P

You all know Npcscan right? Well i was camping for like 5 days for TLPD after i got him i saw that there was a new spirit beast with patch 3.2 named Skoll i immidietly fell in love with that one so the next day i went to respec my marks tree to BM to tame it took me 2 days of camping with both my paladin and hunter ;) Well after that i went to Dalaran where my npcscan hit again for Loque but it was tamed by someone else already (didnt surprise me :p ) the next day i decided now that i had the flying mount i desired i should start gathering gold for my chopper which i got 2 months later :p

So i took the flight path from Dalaran too SB there i took off from that waterfall area in the middle and went east on my daily routine farming herbs and making gold. While landing to pick up an Adders Tongue i saw in the distance Loq. In the beginning i didnt believe myself cause my npc scan didnt went off :P so i instantly used call stabled took a devilsaur i had released it and put trap and tamed loq.

After that I saw it was destinied for me too be with Loq rather than Skoll that i camped for 2 days with 2 accounts

Thats why my favourite is Loq we are bond together forever and always <3

Renna is her name ;)

Whats your story

/cheers Sphax
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Re: Favourite Spirit Beast

Unread post by Vephriel »

Stunningly I don't actually like any of the 4 spirit beasts enough to tame one. ^^; I know, that's probably shocking coming from a hunter, but none of them have 'grabbed' me yet. :)

As for my favourite, I voted for Loque simply because he's unique in the fact that a new model was made for him. The others are all edited versions of already existing creatures. They're all quite nice though, I do like Arcturis and Gondria. I like the concept of Skoll, but since I hate the Northrend worgs he's probably my least favourite.
Mozag
Realm: Several on EU.

Unread post by Mozag »

I have to agree with Vephriel here. None of them have impressed me enough to want to go BM and tame one, though if they ever implement a spirit owl, I'll probably have to revise my statement.

I voted for Loque, simply because he is sleek and gorgeous, and as Vephriel again said, he's a unique model, unlike the rest of them!
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Ceredigion wrote:None of them have impressed me enough to want to go BM and tame one.
Heh, and I thought I was the only one. xD Most people look at me like I'm crazy when I say I have no interest in obtaining any of them. :?
Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master
Realm: US Grizzly Hills, Deathwing, Wyrmrest Accord
Location: Wandering aimlessly under the effect of the Curse of Burgy BlackheaLET'S BUCKLE SOME SWASH!!

Unread post by Ryno »

Sphax wrote:Do you have it tamed?
How did you tame it? Share us your moment of triumph ! Also share us sad moments seeing someone else taming it infront ur eyes or finding it dead ;)
My favorite is Loque, if for that the model, sounds, etc., are all just awesome.

My hunter has been BM since I learned about talent trees. One day, I log into him while questing in the basin. I fly around to my next quest... and I see Loque, just sitting there. I land. I pop a trap. I tame. And... that was it. I was like "o, i c u thar mr kitteh" and that was all. Kinda anticlimactic, but meh. I do still have him though, named him Novah. Love his sounds and model, hehe. I always pull him out for heroics once in awhile. ;)

Mozag
Realm: Several on EU.

Unread post by Mozag »

Vephriel wrote:
Ceredigion wrote:None of them have impressed me enough to want to go BM and tame one.
Heh, and I thought I was the only one. xD Most people look at me like I'm crazy when I say I have no interest in obtaining any of them. :?
I know what you mean! Though I can usually just fall back on the "But I'm MM, I don't have the ability to train him anyway!" argument. Usually keeps others quiet long enough for me to make my exit. :D
Sphax
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Boulderfist Eu

Unread post by Sphax »

Ceredigion wrote:
Vephriel wrote:
I know what you mean! Though I can usually just fall back on the "But I'm MM, I don't have the ability to train him anyway!" argument. Usually keeps others quiet long enough for me to make my exit. :D

hehe i know ur feeling i also never was interested in the spirit beasts but after i had him i completly fell in love with it and i deny respecing survival for no other reason than raiding but even then at trash i can play beastmaster :P so im happy :D
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

I do love Loque's look and think that he's the overall best designed of the spirit beasts.

However.

I have never been interested in taming him for myself.

Arcturis, though, was another matter entirely. I love LOVE the concept of a dps bear and am willing to put up with the somewhat bizarre butt pixelation to have one. I have grown fond of Hippomenes, especially since he's a ghostly counterpart to Atalanta, my ghost saber, but they're both missing the deep warmth I have for some of my other pets.

Anyway, I did vote for Loque, as he and Skoll are the best designed spirit beasts, but Loque really is the poster boy for the spirit beast family. (Plus I have NEVER liked the look of the Northrend wolves.)

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

VelkynKarma
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Quel'Dorei, Nessingwary
Location: Saturo's necromancy class. Karma = World's Worst Necromancer.

Unread post by VelkynKarma »

I voted Skoll. The thought of a pet crackling with lightning really amuses me.

However like a lot of others here, I don't care about the spirit beasts enough to want to go tame one, so I will leave the taming race be for now :)

~VelkynKarma

Silinrul and Jiaphyon of <Ominous Latin Name>

A big thanks to Vephriel for the awesome signature :)

Help my Dragons

Aleu
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord.

Unread post by Aleu »

All the Spirit Beasts are interesting, but I love Loque the most. He's the original and the one with a unique model only shared with one other NPC. Gondria is just a Wintersaber model, Skoll as a Northrend Worg model and Arcturis has a 'druid like' model... AND I SWEAR HE HAS NO BUTT.

...I love my little Loque. <3

NEW SIGNATURE PENDING... SOON.
{Flight Rising}

Ranshiin
Realm: Eitrigg

Unread post by Ranshiin »

I like Loque'nahak, he is cool and obnoxiously loud during a dungeon hahahaha
Koona
Realm: Uldaman

Unread post by Koona »

Gondria and Loque' are both loud while they're fighting. I love them for that.

So...I've tamed Loque and Gondria...
Loque has a very unique look and I really love him for that...but I have to go with Gondria... Even if her model is not as unique as Loque's model, there's something special about hers. I just love how she looks like.

Gondria <3

Then #2 would be Loque'nahak :)

I don't like Skoll and Arcturis....Maybe because I'm more of a cat person... *shrugs*

Kaïna <3

Aquillian
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Steamwheedle Cartel

Unread post by Aquillian »

Loque will always be my favorite, and is my oldest and most adored pet. But Arcturis might be my favorite look - and yes I have Arcturis tamed as well. No real interest in the other two :)
lita
Realm: auchindoun

Unread post by lita »

Mine is Loque. I just loved him since day 1 for being a new model instead of a old cat with new skin. When I went to tame mine there was a hunter flying over every rez spot & a orc hunter being a jerk over trade to all the other hunters. At the time I was looking for King Krush when I flew by the orc hunter that happened to be afk atm when I saw loque spawn right underneath him I landed real fast drop a freeze trap & tamed I mounted up & was starting to fly away when the orc whispered me saying to get lost & find a different rez spot to camp out. I loled at him & flew away not telling the jerk I just tamed him right underneath him lol
Dragonpuff
Haiku Master
Realm: Duskwood (US)
Location: On an undisclosed island that is being shredded by giant boss fights

Unread post by Dragonpuff »

Loque is most definitely my favourite out of them all. Ghostly pets like Gondria and Arcturis have never really interested me (except for the slime, but... It's a slime!), and I really don't like the northrend wolf models, though Skoll is still pretty cool.

I managed to get my Loque out of sheer dumb luck. At first, I wasn't too interested in taming Loque for myself. He looked awesome, yes, but the horror stories of his spawn time and all the trouble one had to go to get him made me shy away. A little while before Gondria came to be, I had a scary thought. I knew that since the Spirit Beast family only had one super special pet so far, I knew more would be introduced later. What got into my head though, was the possibility of Blizzard retiring the Loque pet when they introduced a new Spirit Beast. I was like, "Oh my god, what if that happens? Then I'd never have that awesome cat for myself!" So, my quest began.

I hit the internet, did all the research, and mapped out a spawn point route for myself. At the time, I did not have my epic flying yet, so I was tottering around SB, watching other Hunters blow by me through the sky. I was a very sad Blood Elf. I got my brother (who had his epic flying) to try looking around the spawn points too, but after a few days of not seeing any of the rares in the area, I was getting disheartened. So, thinking it would be my best chance, though it would take longer, I decided to log out at a 'hot spot', the point in the trees near the gorillas and wasps, and check back every hour to see if I would get lucky. After another day of that, I was an even sadder Blood Elf.

On a whim a couple days after, I logged in early in the morning, just to check, you know? I wasn't expecting anything. But right in front of me, the big, beautiful kitty beast of my dreams was sauntering around with his monkey friends. My heart skipped a couple beats. I started to shake. Trying to remember what exactly I needed to do in what order (it took me several precious seconds to get it all straight in my head, I was so buzzed), I dropped my trap, let an arrow fly, then started to tame. He froze in that ice right in front of my face. No other player appeared to ruin my tame. I had my Loque, and it was the most exciting tame I had ever done. Very next thing I did was stumble over to my brothers room, wake him up, hold out my hands and say, "Look at me shake. I'M SHAKING."

He was so confused. XD

Taz'dingu of the Petopians Guild, Nesingwary Server

Here there be Dragons (and Eggs)

Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master
Realm: US Grizzly Hills, Deathwing, Wyrmrest Accord
Location: Wandering aimlessly under the effect of the Curse of Burgy BlackheaLET'S BUCKLE SOME SWASH!!

Unread post by Ryno »

dragonpuff wrote:sauntering around with his monkey friends.
Another reason Loque is cool. He's the only one that really likes to hang out with other beasts.

Karathyriel
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Not playing anymore.

Unread post by Karathyriel »

I thought I was the only one who doesn't give a damn about those spirit beasts but obviously, there are more people thinking about those lines.

I never even thought about taming one of them.

I'm a roleplayer and, in my humble opinion, a hunter is someone who loves and cares about animals and nature. That's why I so hate to do these "Kill 15 whatever"-quests, It's not what a hunter would do. In order to tame a wild beast, wich means you have to gain his trust and love, you can't run around in a killing frenzy and I so love the debuff you get when you kill animals in the tundra. So, in my opinion, some strange, magical creatury just doesn't fit when it comes to a hunters companion. This goes for core hounds as well, even warpstalker and devilsaurs are a bit of a stretch for me.
When I read the news about Cataclysm, I cheered for the human hunters and I almost cried about the forsaken hunters. In my roleplayers view of Azeroth, there is no way a living, breathing creature would befriend a walking, stinking, rotting corpse with a gun. It would, on the other hand, be just to cool, if every pet tamed by a forsaken would get a diseased look instantly, only the spirit beasts left out of this. A diseased spirit? Yeah, right... But that may be only my opinion.

Edit: But I have to admit that I was really pissed of when I found out that you could tame a worgen if you hadn't done the quest already and knew how to do it. I have to admit, a werewolfy creature by my side... No chance to resist that temptation! :) But I already had done the quest and after all, noone was allowed to keep it.
Last edited by Karathyriel on Sat Jan 16, 2010 2:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dragonpuff
Haiku Master
Realm: Duskwood (US)
Location: On an undisclosed island that is being shredded by giant boss fights

Unread post by Dragonpuff »

Ryno wrote:
dragonpuff wrote:sauntering around with his monkey friends.
Another reason Loque is cool. He's the only one that really likes to hang out with other beasts.
I know, right? Loque's posse, ain't nobody mess with them.
...Unless some skinner comes around and massacres them all. Oo''

Taz'dingu of the Petopians Guild, Nesingwary Server

Here there be Dragons (and Eggs)

swimgremlin
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Stormreaver

Unread post by swimgremlin »

I think they should make a spirit beast of something you can't currently tame. Like an elk, dimentradon, dragon whelp or even treant
Jadvya
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard US

Unread post by Jadvya »

Loque. I like the fact that he's solid but has the ghostly glowing eyes and mouth, he's got a unique model, and he's harder to track down than any of the others, not to mention his roaring is really awesome.