Bad is a play style

Agravaine
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Bleeding Hollow

Re: Bad is a play style

Unread post by Agravaine »

That's the awe-insipring work of a brilliant humorist. Don't believe a word he says. :lol:

Araela
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Thrall

Unread post by Araela »

Loethlin wrote:
Cathyliz7 wrote: To sum up, I agree with the rest of you. He's a noob and a troll, and should reroll at least his class if not his game.
He's not a noob. He's a joker. :P And trolled you quite successfully, seeing as you got so worked up over that.
That guy writes things that are supposed to be funny. Satire, if you will. You, and some others, took it way too seriously.

Relax, friends :)

I think that "rant" was funny as hell. I heard people complaining like that over and over on EVERY game I've played. They were ALSO usually the holier-that-thou rp bi... people. He summed them up perfectly.

Don't get me wrong, I was laughing the entire time I was reading it. Not worked up, just stating that perhaps if he truly feels that way he should reroll. ;-)

I have edited my original reply to have big bold letters at the top stating that my reply was a troll to the troll. Since that was apparently lost. I've been posting quite a bit on these forums as of recently, but I guess people don't know me very well yet to know when I'm being serious and when I'm not!
Last edited by Araela on Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cerah
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Alterac Mtns, Maelstrom, Nesingwary, Silver Hand

Unread post by Cerah »

Gimlion wrote:
Cerah wrote:I can't really just dismiss the OP as a Troll, since they have written over 1000 posts in this forum. Anyone who came here for the sole purpose of bitching would only have a couple posts.
Redith is not the one who originally posted this. He is posting it here to get our opinion on something he saw elsewhere.

Honestly, I think some of the points he makes, particularly about playstyle choice and the harsh community is spot on. It was not until the comment about Polymorph did I know he was either a. clueless about any other class/dungeon mechanics, or b. a very, very, VERY 'good' troll. As I read on, it became apparent that option 'b' was more and more clear. But at least he used punctuation correctly, spelled pretty much everything correctly, did not use 'dude/leetspeak', and did bring about SOME valid points.
Now I feel stupid for missing the rather large letters at the start of the post. -_- Sorry about that, Redith. I was just skimming the boards before school, but I still have no idea how I missed that.

Visit Pop Seagull Publishing
Original Canadian Science Fiction, Fantasy and Horror
Sleep is Temporary. Reading is Forever!

Mania
Administrator
Administrator

Unread post by Mania »

I edited the original post a little to make it more clear where this came from.
Royi

Realm: Ysera

Unread post by Royi »

Cerah wrote:
Gimlion wrote:
Cerah wrote:I can't really just dismiss the OP as a Troll, since they have written over 1000 posts in this forum. Anyone who came here for the sole purpose of bitching would only have a couple posts.
Redith is not the one who originally posted this. He is posting it here to get our opinion on something he saw elsewhere.

Honestly, I think some of the points he makes, particularly about playstyle choice and the harsh community is spot on. It was not until the comment about Polymorph did I know he was either a. clueless about any other class/dungeon mechanics, or b. a very, very, VERY 'good' troll. As I read on, it became apparent that option 'b' was more and more clear. But at least he used punctuation correctly, spelled pretty much everything correctly, did not use 'dude/leetspeak', and did bring about SOME valid points.
Now I feel stupid for missing the rather large letters at the start of the post. -_- Sorry about that, Redith. I was just skimming the boards before school, but I still have no idea how I missed that.
dont feel stupid Cerah, the post was originally just copied without the large letters.
:) ~ Formally known as Royi ~
Redith
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: several

Unread post by Redith »

/crys in a corner
there were large letters from the start /still feels like an ass
Makoes
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

I believe that a person has a right to play the game how they want to, However, I also believe that since this is a MMORPG, meaning you play with other people, you also have a responsability to the group or people you play with. When you play with other people you are expected to help the group to the best of your ability, infact, it is like a job. If you only do one part of your job and ignore all the other parts, you will be fired because slacking makes more work for other people, and they dont pay to play to pick up other peoples slack. If all you want to do is use one spell, maybe an mmo isnt the right game for such a person to play, or if they only want to use one spell, then perhaps they shouldn't group with other people, or find a guild that supports that kind of playstyle.

As for pvp, well, the better you do, the better you are rewarded. Yes, even though you both pay the same amount to play, if one person decides to put in the effort to get the good pvp gear and ratings that is their choice, and if the other decides they dont want to put in the effort, well, that is thier choice.

This game was made for all players to be able to play, how you play it is YOUR OWN CHOICE, and not the reponsibility of Blizzard. So, a person who wants something, works towards that goal, but a person who does not want to work towards it will not get it. In many ways this game is like real life, if you sit on your ass and do minimum work, your not going to go anywhere but if you get up and work towards goals, you will be rewarded.

However, I do agree that pvp battlegrounds are unfair, with things like lv 60-69...a 60 is going to die fast against a lv69...if it were lv60-64, and 65-69 etc, I think that would make things more even-footed there.

Everyone in the game starts out equally, with a lv 1 character, where they decide to go from there, how they decide to play, what goals they decide to set are of thier own choice. Blizzard made a very complex and wonderful world where our choices effected how we grew, leveled and the rewards we got for what we did.
Blizzard also made this game an MMORPG, and whenever you play with other people, just like in real life, there are acceptable and unacceptable behaviours, and ignoring these will result in conflict (badmouthing, kicking etc).

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Royi

Unread post by Royi »

meh whatever,

66% of all lengthy posts are plagerized anyways
46% of those plagerized posts are actually plagerized themselves
30% of those plagerized posts of plagerized posts are actually plagerized themselves
20% of those plagerized posts of plagerized posts of plagerized posts are actually plagerized themselves
13% of those plagerized posts of plagerized posts of plagerized posts of plagerized posts are actually plagerized themselves

85% of internet statistics are mostly made up
Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

And 7% of posts- PLAGIARIZED PLAGIARIZED PLAGIARIZED PLAGIARIZED PLAGIARIZED PLAGIARIZED PLAGIARIZED.

(Sorry. My brain isn't functioning right today.)
Kirjava
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Draenor

Unread post by Kirjava »

Firefly and Serenity are awesome, love them both. I'm still a little sad that we never get to find out about Shepherd Book's past though, that irks me a little. Then again it seems to be the usual "whedon-itis" of his shows being cancelled too soon because they dont immediately get the following they deserve.
Back OT, I also had no idea the guy had a blog, I'm going to have to check that out, I'm especially bored at work today anyway so that works out well :D
Royi

Unread post by Royi »

Azunara wrote:And 7% of posts- PLAGIARIZED PLAGIARIZED PLAGIARIZED PLAGIARIZED PLAGIARIZED PLAGIARIZED PLAGIARIZED.

(Sorry. My brain isn't functioning right today.)
eh close enough, the next step was 8.58% if you were curious
Cialbi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Cenarion Circle (US-Alliance)

Unread post by Cialbi »

Makoes wrote:However, I do agree that pvp battlegrounds are unfair, with things like lv 60-69...a 60 is going to die fast against a lv69...if it were lv60-64, and 65-69 etc, I think that would make things more even-footed there.
Not much better at max level, given the importance of resilience. If you ask me, players should be given a base amount of resilience that scales with level (or doesn't kick in until 85), and the resilience on a full PvP set be lowered by the same amount. Thus, while there still will be incentive to get PvP gear if you want to PvP (set bonuses, anyone?), you won't be as ridiculously easy to kill as you are right now if you have no resilience.

I understand the sentiment that PvP gear is to be earned, but must PvP gear be necessary to enjoy PvP when the only way to get it is to PvP? I'm sorry, but constantly dying in BGs because you can't survive a one-on-one fight against someone with resilience and some competence, can be killed in three hits by a rogue, and DoTs from a warlock mean that you will die unless they get dispelled... that is not enjoyable, and I see little need for being so heavily reliant on resilience.
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Cialbi wrote:
Makoes wrote:However, I do agree that pvp battlegrounds are unfair, with things like lv 60-69...a 60 is going to die fast against a lv69...if it were lv60-64, and 65-69 etc, I think that would make things more even-footed there.
Not much better at max level, given the importance of resilience. If you ask me, players should be given a base amount of resilience that scales with level (or doesn't kick in until 85), and the resilience on a full PvP set be lowered by the same amount. Thus, while there still will be incentive to get PvP gear if you want to PvP (set bonuses, anyone?), you won't be as ridiculously easy to kill as you are right now if you have no resilience.

I understand the sentiment that PvP gear is to be earned, but must PvP gear be necessary to enjoy PvP when the only way to get it is to PvP? I'm sorry, but constantly dying in BGs because you can't survive a one-on-one fight against someone with resilience and some competence, can be killed in three hits by a rogue, and DoTs from a warlock mean that you will die unless they get dispelled... that is not enjoyable, and I see little need for being so heavily reliant on resilience.
^ This

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Acherontia »

Maybe the game should automatically analyze the way I am playing, and stack a buff on the group that allows us to clear heroic dungeons no matter what buttons I press. They could call the buff "Independent Thinking" or "Creative Use of the Game Space."
I lol'd.

Well-written satire by that player :lol:
Palladiamorsdeus
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Scarlet Monastary, Sentinels

Unread post by Palladiamorsdeus »

Yeah, that guy was just being funny. He's run into plenty of people who actually play or think that way, and decided to satire it. It's amusing.

Thanks go to Saturo for the signature.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

OHMIGOD PEOPLE CAN'T UZ TELL HEZ FULL OF GOOD IDEAS! HES LIKE JEBUS!

XD