Quick update for the PetAbandon macro

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Cozzene
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Re: Quick update for the PetAbandon macro

Unread post by Cozzene »

After 20+ attempts, my mother has been unable to get the oil worg to tame... =\
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Cozzene wrote:After 20+ attempts, my mother has been unable to get the oil worg to tame... =\
I got it with the quest after about 3 or 4 tries....

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Cozzene
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Cozzene »

We're up to almost 50 worgs, maybe more, and the macro isn't working; it literally abandons the pet. Re logging does nothing; it's still an empty slot.

ETA; We've gone through a good 60 - 70 worgs, we're giving up. At least for now.
Mania
Administrator
Administrator

Unread post by Mania »

To mis-quote Ookla, that's a lot of worgs.
Cozzene
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Cozzene »

We completely wiped out all of the worgs. Three times.
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Hm....well I did have to download something earlier today.....they may have re-hotfixed it.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Cozzene
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Cozzene »

>| Poop. On a stick.
Akycha
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Akycha »

you try the non macro method?
White_Lama

Unread post by White_Lama »

Long time reader, first time poster (yay, radioshow-references <3 ) and I had a question about this macro and "The Lone Hunter".

I've been trying for a few hours to tame this wolf now and always seem to fail at it.

Is there a specific second I need to spam the macro, or is it just one click?

Could really use some help :(

EDIT: I'm only a level 42, so I can't really kill him while taming either, but I know there is a method which involves that.
Last edited by White_Lama on Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cialbi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Cenarion Circle (US-Alliance)

Unread post by Cialbi »

Well, until we get a report of a successful tame, it's uncertain whether or not this is really possible anymore. It did take both me and my friend a lot of tries back when we did these tames, but never spent hours trying before succeeding.
Pent
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Pent - Mt. Hyjal - Alliance

Unread post by Pent »

Cozzene wrote:We completely wiped out all of the worgs. Three times.
No clue if this will help with the actual Oil Wolf tame, but I was having problems with the pink bear til I realized something... so let me explain as simply as I can...

(PRE-STEP READINESS) You need TWO open slots in your Call Pet thingie. (not one... but two empty slots)

First, (STEP ONE) tame one of the beasts just like you would anything else, and then dismiss it. The Oil will go away once tamed, and dismissing it will throw it into your non-active pets.

Now you should have one empty slot left.

This is where magic could happen... (Step TWO) Start taming the beast and when you have about 2sec left on Tame Beast start cramming on the PetAbandon macro as fast as you can... the Wolf will be tamed and abandoned pretty much instantly.

Now, DO NOT LOG OFF YET...

(STEP THREE) Go to the next Oil Wolf and Start Taming (just like you did one step above)... if it tells you that you already control a creature THEN LOG OUT and back in and call the first Oil Wolf that you tamed out... and hopefully it will be called out with an Oil slick hairdo (A.K.A. SUCCESS) ... IF it does NOT say that you control a pet already then repeat STEP TWO and so on...

DO NOT log out til it tells you that you already control a pet.

PROTIP: Do not forget to take the PetAbandon macro off of your skill bar afterwards.

Hope this helps someone, but like I said.. I do not know if it will work the same way for the Oil Wolf.. but let us know of the results.
"Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." ~ Terry Pratchett

I need more hunters, IMO.

"A hobby should pass the time, not fill it." --Norman Bates "Psycho"
Cialbi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Cialbi »

Hmm, that's an interesting workaround. I think I may just have to test this on Shorelfon once he is high enough level (just for science, of course...)
White_Lama

Since I'm having no luck taming The Lone Hunter, I'll try taming him that way :)
Cozzene
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Cozzene »

Pent wrote:
Cozzene wrote:We completely wiped out all of the worgs. Three times.
No clue if this will help with the actual Oil Wolf tame, but I was having problems with the pink bear til I realized something... so let me explain as simply as I can...

(PRE-STEP READINESS) You need TWO open slots in your Call Pet thingie. (not one... but two empty slots)

First, (STEP ONE) tame one of the beasts just like you would anything else, and then dismiss it. The Oil will go away once tamed, and dismissing it will throw it into your non-active pets.

Now you should have one empty slot left.

This is where magic could happen... (Step TWO) Start taming the beast and when you have about 2sec left on Tame Beast start cramming on the PetAbandon macro as fast as you can... the Wolf will be tamed and abandoned pretty much instantly.

Now, DO NOT LOG OFF YET...

(STEP THREE) Go to the next Oil Wolf and Start Taming (just like you did one step above)... if it tells you that you already control a creature THEN LOG OUT and back in and call the first Oil Wolf that you tamed out... and hopefully it will be called out with an Oil slick hairdo (A.K.A. SUCCESS) ... IF it does NOT say that you control a pet already then repeat STEP TWO and so on...

DO NOT log out til it tells you that you already control a pet.

PROTIP: Do not forget to take the PetAbandon macro off of your skill bar afterwards.

Hope this helps someone, but like I said.. I do not know if it will work the same way for the Oil Wolf.. but let us know of the results.
We were trying this too, and no go. It would always start chanelling the tame without the "too many pets" message. We haven't been back since, though.
White_Lama

Hahah! Either I got very lucky (finally) or that version worked like a charm! So thank you very much Pent :D

Proof of my success:

Cialbi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Cialbi »

Ah, nice to see that it still works! Wonder if Pent's method is really necessary or not, but as long as it works...
Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Acherontia »

Lol, swordhead :D

Thanks for the info, Pent. Can anyone clarify what exactly about the mechanics of this helps? I don't see what's fixing it what with taming the other pet first, but quite a few people have said that it works!
Pent
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Pent - Mt. Hyjal - Alliance

Unread post by Pent »

Just went and tried the Oil Wolf with the way I posted...

I have an Oil Wolf already (named Limbo) in my stables... which is the first shot.

Then after ONE try...

and...

So, yeah...

(just tested on Burning Boars too... works fine even if you have to revive the first boar)
"Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." ~ Terry Pratchett

I need more hunters, IMO.

"A hobby should pass the time, not fill it." --Norman Bates "Psycho"
Ollof

Unread post by Ollof »

I just AbandonTamed Spiteflayer ( http://wow-petopia.com/look/carrionbird ... ellow.html ).
I didn't see him on the list here ( http://forums.wow-petopia.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7093 ) if you would like to add it.

Due to the fact that it is a rare; I have not seen it again to test if the fire on his head persists after death. Nor do I want to let him die to see if it will stay.

On a side note...I lost my flaming pig due to careless Rated BG zoning. I'm gona need to get another soon.
Comett
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by Comett »

I just got an oil-stained wolf, as Alliance, but without the quest, using the dismiss+Abandon macro technique.

Honestly did not think I'd get it. Gave up after a while and went to have a look for TLPD while I was in the area. A couple of hours later I check my pets to see if I have one suitable for a heroic random. Lo and behold, "call third stabled pet" button is there! I have no idea how soon I got the wolf or after how many attempts because I gave up due to latency (around 500 is the lowest I could get). I was disconnected due to *inactivity though so perhaps the wolf didn't show up til then?

Anyway, I'm very happy with my wolf and I'm very glad I got the chance to tame it before the opportunity was completely eliminated :) Thanks!