Random "Pet Theme" Challenge

Relate your epic tames and show off your pets.
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Re: The Themed Pet Challenge

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

Kay, so, I'm taming all of the pets tonight, but I'm gonna wait to give the report until tomorrow because screenshots at night time kind of suck. =(

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Cialbi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Cenarion Circle (US-Alliance)

Unread post by Cialbi »

TygerDarkstorm wrote:
Cialbi wrote:I think that Grunter would be most fitting. That, and I've found Grunter and given him away to random hunters on at least three different occasions, so I think that it's about time that I tame the spiky hog myself.

I'll then tame a Mudbelly Boar while I'm conveniently in Loch Modan, then go tame a raptor over on the Lost Isles and get myself a dog and a bat from Tirisfal Glades. I happen to already have that exact ravager, so that's one less trip to make!
Only goblins who haven't completed the starting area can get to the Lost Isles. If you're referring to the troll starter area, I believe they're the Senjin Isles or some such (forgot the exact name).
/palm

I meant Echo Isles.
Silly me :roll:
AKA Nazthandol, in <Petopians> (US)

Cute doesn't need an explanation.
_____

Avatar by LupisDarkmoon, and image caption by Kurasu. Thanks!

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Cialbi wrote: /palm

I meant Echo Isles.
Silly me :roll:
Hehe, sorry. I know I was thrown off at first, wanted to make sure you didn't discover some secret of how to get to the goblin isles or some such. :P

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Cialbi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Cenarion Circle (US-Alliance)

Unread post by Cialbi »

It involved Goblin Jumper Cables, and requires an ample supply of butter...
AKA Nazthandol, in <Petopians> (US)

Cute doesn't need an explanation.
_____

Avatar by LupisDarkmoon, and image caption by Kurasu. Thanks!

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

XD Heehee

[/center]
sabiitoothtiger
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord (US)

Unread post by sabiitoothtiger »

Name & Level: Morind, level 33.
Exotics: Not high enough level, so no.
Pet Slots: 12, but I'd like only three challenges if that's possible!
Restrictions: None!
Armory Link/Screenshot (Optional): http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/w ... ind/simple
Additional Notes: If you check out the pets she already has I've been trying to keep to a general color theme, if this'll give you any ideas. I'm up for taming anything you give me though!

Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Acherontia »

For Sabiitoothtiger:

Venomous Pets!

ImageImageImage

Blue Snake, Beige Scorpid and the Grey Spider

I wanted to give you the White Scorpid, but sadly you are too low-level for it :( This theme (for future reference) will also generally include a Wasp for Ferocity--but not the Firefly model. Since you only wanted three and are too low-level to tame the waspy-model wasps, I did leave it out :P Enjoy!

Vasken
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn (EU)

Unread post by Vasken »

Ooh. OOOH! Apologies about the slow response, took a while to try 'em all out! :D And apologies for all the images... Think I was a little too screenshot happy.

Firstly, tamed 'zee worg! Was quite convenient actually- both the spider and wolf are found in that zone. Huzzah!

The first thing that stood out were his EYES. Ghostly grey! Certainly livin' up to the goth theme. Found him quite adorable myself. His idle animation was a little headswoosh which caused his little cheekfluffs to quibble. ;3; /madeupwords.

Thought he was a simple bland black after squintin' at the thumbnail, but... NE! He's a light gradient between black-black and not-so-black. While I prefer the more dramatically constrasting worgs (like Ol' Ironjaw... Or the brownish worgs!), he still looked fantabulous.

Next up... 'ZEE SPIDER.

Will admit that... It's quite a creepy pet. Its red eyes glow and are easily spotted from a distance! And... It's creepy. The way it moves! It tiptoes up to mobs and is all: "BLESCREEEEEEEEEEEEE- *smoothers in webs*". Creepy! :lol:

After peering at the model, there were a few issues that irked me. The main one was this:

On the spider's abdomen, there was this strange... Lumpy, warty crease. Just looked a little out of place! It's not enough to put me off the pet... It's just... Odd. The red splotches on its abdomen looked a tad messy too.

Thirdly, 'zee scorpid! I've never had a scorpid before. :) Decided to yoink the one from Durotar!

Personally found the colouration... Stunning! The black/orange works so darn well! Sat and watched him for a little while in awe before noting his idle animation. He does the most adorable wave! He's all "YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY! *clawflail*". It's so adjshsjfjsf. ;_;

It soon became apparent that... I didn't match the pets! Being the lunatic I am, I hastily raided my RP-gear wardrobe and eventually managed to find a matching dress. Huzzah!

"YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY DRESSS! *clawflail*"

After giggling at the happy-wave for several minutes, I quickly dragged all three pets into the nearest pond and...

Didn't realise scorpids had a swimming animation! Was suprisingly smooth too- they propelled themselves forwards with their tails. The spider and wolf had one too, but the screenshots I'd taken refuse to upload to imageshack! *shakesfist* As predicted, the spider's swimming animation was... Creepy. LEGS ALL OVER THE PLACE, FHGHHFJF. And the worg's was... Nothing exciting. D'oh!

Can't really say much about their combat either. At my level, you rarely notice a difference between pets! The spider was a tad screechy at times, but certainly nothing compared to Chromaggus! And the scorpid was, well...

"YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY NERUBIAN! *clawflail*"

And... Some screenshots! Forgot to grab some in Duskwood's graveyard (the perfect gothic place!), so hopped along to the random tomb in Orgrimmar. The worg one refuses to upload, gah! :(

Tried to take one of the scorpid, and...

"YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY CANDLE! *clawflail*"

Think I'll be keeping them all until I'm struggling for stable slots. Mr. YAAAAAAY's my personal favourite out of the group though. The idle animation cracks me up every time! And sorry for the length... Must... Cover... EVERYTHING! Certainly will try to hunt down a more gothic set to match these pets. :lol:

Thanks for the rolls! Might try to yoink another at a later date!

Floof the Sambas!

Vasken - Troll Hunter - Argent Dawn EU

DeviantART || Skreel's Dragon Lair

Mozag
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Several on EU.

Unread post by Mozag »

Please meet Googie.

Googie was created with just this game in mind, since I figured why the hell not?

I willl not be playing Googie for the next few days, as I need to do a couple of things first, but if you give me a challenge, I'll do my best to start posting stuff within the week. Googs here has no pets planned at all, so I can do as many of these challenges as possible. That way it'll be fun to see who stay in her stables by the time she reaches 85. BM will be the name of the game, once she gets there, and there are no limitations on pets whatsoever.

Name & Level: Googie, level 1, but once I start on her, I'll be leveling her to Outland, at least. So you can give me pets between levels 1 and say, 65, for now.
Exotics: Not yet.
Pet Slots: 25.
Restrictions: Only level restrictions for now.
Cerah
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Alterac Mtns, Maelstrom, Nesingwary, Silver Hand

Unread post by Cerah »

I'll give this a try on Leata, my Dwarf Hunter.

Name & Level: Leata, lvl 30 MM
Exotics: No
Pet Slots: 3-5
Restrictions: No monkeys, gorillas, tallstriders, or pets from families she already has.
Armory Link/Screenshot (Optional): http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/m ... t#11084055

It might take me a while to do my reviews. I have schoolwork, and I'm trying to get the Elder title on my Druid atm. (she's lvl 72 now, 3 more to go!)

Visit Pop Seagull Publishing
Original Canadian Science Fiction, Fantasy and Horror
Sleep is Temporary. Reading is Forever!

Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

I'll roll for both of you shortly :) (Am mid-Stone Core run atm, so it'll be ~20 minutes or so.)

Just for future reference, for restrictions please don't link the pets--the Armory linking is purely if you want a theme to try and match your char :) Just list the families she's got in the future, if possible. Thanks!

Vasken, I LOOOVE the screenshots. Were they altered (softened, maybe, in some)? They look great, and really bring out the pets' personalities :D Your writing style cracks me up too, that was a joy to read through :D Thanks!
Siliverin
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nazgrel, Nesingwary, Dalaran

Unread post by Siliverin »

Ohh ill take a challenge :)

Name & Level: Siliverin Lvl 85
Exotics: Yes/
Pet Slots: (how many slots you have free for this project--the average theme is 3-5 pets): 3
Restrictions:no monkeys, gorillas or spiders... ( they creep me out)
Armory Link/Screenshot (Optional): http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/n ... rin/simple
Additional Notes: i really like epyptian/jungles themes i guess u could sy.. but ill take whatever you roll up :D
Sig by Kurenio!
Anansi wrote:But OJC is just Old Jumper Cliff, a cranky old crazy guy who hops around making grunting noises to scare away children and small animals. Not sure if he's tamable, probably not.
Siliverin
Credit to Seilahyn and Kurenio for the avatars
Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

For Mozag!

Scifi Pets!

ImageImageImageImageImage

Yellow Spiked Raptor, Green Warp Stalker, Blue Sporebat, Green Ravager and the Blue Spiked Crab.

Behold, the Scifi/Alien Pet theme! These are pets that look otherworldly, or perhaps technologically-tampered. This does NOT include the OL Chimaera or, more particularly, the Boss Silithid, due to the "no exotics" restriction--but if you go BM later, feel free to include one of each to complete the theme :lol: Once you're high enough, too, you could also consider a Nether Ray!

For Cerah (Leata)!

Be aware that due to your species restrictions, plus the level limit, you've eliminated everything BUT color themes, so I'm going to have to do one of those. In the future, people, limit your "restrictions" to a couple (2-3) families if possible, please, and in a list. It took me a very long time to piece-by-piece eliminate each theme, and then several color themes, due to the level limit + restrictions list--so limit your limits please folks :lol: And a reminder--the Armory link isn't to be used to list your restrictions, but rather only if you want a pet to match your char, as per Page 1's rules :) Thanks!

A GRAY Theme!

ImageImageImage

Gray Tarantula, Gray Parrot and the Pale Bat

For Siliverin:

You're going on Safari!

ImageImageImage

Brown Cata Croc, Brown Lion and the White Rhino!

Normally this theme could also include leopards, hyenas and buzzards, but we'll leave it at this for now ;P

Enjoy guys!
Mozag

Unread post by Mozag »

Oh, this is going to be fun! I've wanted that blue crab for SO long, but it never fit anyone. Now's my chance! *skips about happily*
Ooh, and a trip to Bloodmyst Isle in the books. Can't wait!

Reports will follow as soon as I get started on her.
Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Yeaaah, sorry for the long journeys to distant lands where you will surely die a lot--I think the boat-guards aggro now too >.> If it turns out to be too difficult no worries, but on the other hand, I always assume that Petopians enjoy going to extreme lengths for pets :lol:
Mozag

Unread post by Mozag »

Acherontia wrote:Yeaaah, sorry for the long journeys to distant lands where you will surely die a lot--I think the boat-guards aggro now too >.> If it turns out to be too difficult no worries, but on the other hand, I always assume that Petopians enjoy going to extreme lengths for pets :lol:
You assume correctly! I'm sure I'll figure it out when the time comes. Besides, I LOVE the long, difficult lowbie runs. They're even more fun than camping for rares. :D Also, that ravager is the same model as the one my first ever hunter had for ten levels, so it'll be good taking a skip down memory lane again!
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

These are so fun and creative! I'm glad Gaz has some spare stables at the moment, can't wait to give this a try. :D

Name & Level: Gazini, Level 50 Troll Huntress
Exotics: Sadly not yet :(
Pet Slots: 5
Restrictions: Preferably no Crocolisks since Gazini already has every colour available to her. xD
Additional Notes: Her stables already have most of the 'typical' Troll pets, so perhaps a theme that leans away from that would be fun since it would be totally new for her.
Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

For Vephriel (Gazini):

Creatures of the Northern Woods!

Perhaps normally more suited for a Tauren, but for some reason it seems right >.<

ImageImageImageImageImage

Gold Bald Eagle, Red Fox, Silver Worg, Dark Brown Bear and and "Mountain Lion!"

(Just pretend she's a puma and not a lioness, eh? :lol: I'd probably put a lynx instead, but I imagine if you have the standard "trollish" pets, you probably already picked one up!) Enjoy :D

Edit--changed post title to better reflect its contents.
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Re: Random "Pet Theme" Challenge

I'm loving this new challenge; taming the multi-pet themes is (are?) so much fun! :D

That said, I had the bug theme. :)
This theme was a lot of fun, a couple of the pets are ones I'm familiar with, the other two, not as much, so good fun all around. ^_^

First up was the pink wasp.
Decided to name her Sorbet, it was the first thing to come to mind and it stuck. :) I've been on the fence about wasps, tried Huhuran and immediately found that her skin was not for me. >_< The silithid wasp model surprised me, I really love Sorbet. I used to think the pink color was just sort of bleh, but it's actually quite pretty once tamed. I love the color and design of her wings, the face style, and the black back patterns.

These guys are pretty active so if you're looking for a quiet pet to stand by your side, a wasp is probably not for you. I love the humming sound there wings make, almost seems kind of relaxing. They're not noisy fighters either, making standard silithid noises.

I could see the two second stun being kind of useful (being BM puts it at a 31.5 second CD), but situational, I think as its stun would put DR up for intimidation and any other stun your team in PvP might use. It might be useful in PvE to help try and peel a stray mob off a healer or squishy DPS.

On to the beetle. :D

For some reason the name Charles popped out at me and thus he has been named. XD
Beetles are one of those pets I'm kind of familiar with; I have a beetle and turtle on my main huntress.
For someone who's terrified of bugs in real life...I LOVE these beetles. I think they're absolutely adorable and have a ton of charm and personality to them.

I love Charles' coloring; these black and red guys look great and their coloring lights up differently depending on your lighting situation. I'm a big fan of the 'old world' beetle models; I love the new ones as well, but there's just something special about these guys.

Beetles are fabulous tank pets and I recommend one (or a turtle) to anyone looking to solo tough elites (I'd recommend a bear or MD+Mend Pet glyph for multi-target tanking). Shell shield and cower make these guy hardy as can be. Being tenacity they won't do much in the damage department so their niche is definitely for tanking, be it extreme soloing or picking up in a group when the actual tank goes down.

Now the silithid. I forgot how bouncy these guys can be! :lol:
I haven't run with a silithid in a long time, although I had one in WotLK for PvP. Once I found out the tan skin was turning common, I swapped out my regular silithid for a boss model.

I used to own a silithid of this exact color funnily enough, so I took a trip back out to Un'Goro to revisit my buddy Banana.

It's hard to get a still screen of an idle silithid, they're always bouncing everywhere. While this might annoy some people, I find it rather amusing (and far less annoying than the random kerthunk the boss models do when they idle).
When they walk, they hunch their bodies over and look like they're pouting almost, how funny! XD

I believe these guys were designed after the bug guys in Starship Troopers (and if not, they bear an uncanny resemblance XD). The yellow color is pretty neat even though Banana doesn't match Venjin at all. :lol: Like all silithid style bugs, he also has a black pattern on his back/carapace. These guys are handy PvP pets and can even be useful in PvE if you're missing a priest. Venom Web Spray can also be used to save a clothie from a rogue mob trying to go smash them in the face. :D

And last but not least, the moth. ^_^
I've never had a moth before, just couldn't find the use/appeal for one. I feel like a changed hunter now. XD
Oh my goodness is this little brown and pink moth ever the most adorable little thing!

I've never thought of a moth as ferocious before, but I think little Faerie will be kicking ass and taking names. :lol:

I can see Serenity Dust coming in handy too and its spell lock lasts longer than a nether rays. Another plus is they can cast it from range, one downside is that it's on a 42 second cooldown (and that's as BM). One HUGE bonus to serenity dust is that the moth WILL smart cast it only when the mob they're attacking is casting an interruptable spell. Win! :D Take this with a grain of salt though as if you leave it on autocast for PvP, you may only end up having the moth interrupt something trivial, but I still consider it a huge bonus that the moth can smart cast at all. ^_^

This challenge was so much fun Ache! I know for sure I'm keeping Faerie, and Sorbet will probably stick around too. Charles and Banana are neat, but I have a boss model silithid and beetle for Venjin already. :D
I'm game for another if you don't mind. :)

Name and Level: Venjin, 80
Exotics: Yes
Pet Slots: 9
No Restrictions

[/center]
Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Re: Random "Pet Theme" Challenge

Ha! I love seeing that your "available stable slots" just went down by two :lol: Awesome review/screenshots--you've actually tempted me to try out a moth!

Your new theme:

The Color Blue!

ImageImageImageImage

Blue Spiked Crab,
Blue Runed Dog, Blue Old-World Wind Serpent, and Blue Old-World Worm!