Random "Pet Theme" Challenge

Relate your epic tames and show off your pets.
Pawtrack
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Venture co., Duskwood, Hydraxis, Draka

Re: Random "Pet Theme" Challenge

Unread post by Pawtrack »

TygerDarkstorm wrote: Image
Am I the only one who noticed the heart on his forehead?

Not to be completely off-topic, I think I'll give this a go!
Name & Level: Velyana, level 27 (but quickly getting higher, so pets up to 30 or so are okay)
Exotics: Too low
Pet Slots: 21 slots, so no worries XD
Restrictions: Not too many dungeon pets, please.

Death leads to life
Life leads to death

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

Pawtrack wrote: Am I the only one who noticed the heart on his forehead?
:O I've never noticed that before! How adorable. ^_^
/huggles Thraze

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

TygerDarkstorm wrote:
Pawtrack wrote: Am I the only one who noticed the heart on his forehead?
:O I've never noticed that before! How adorable. ^_^
/huggles Thraze
Hmm, I always saw the giant Skull in the larger pattern. :lol:
Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Acherontia »

I'll roll yours momentarily Pawtrack :D Vephriel, was your theme okay by you?

For Pawtrack (Velyana):

Gothix Pets!

(Remember, the themes will be reused, but the pets will vary!)

ImageImageImageImageImage

Black Owl, Diseased Black Bear, Brown Bat, Brown Spider, and the Black Stormcrow.

If the Daggercap Hawk turns out to be too much hassle, feel free to take the blue Plaguehound from Tirisfal instead; I wanted a Ferocity pet in there, and the dog would work too.
Attachments
Pet Themes.png
Pet Themes.png (188.66 KiB) Viewed 3659 times
Last edited by Acherontia on Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Yes, I'm in the midst of working on it. ^_^ Should be reporting back tomorrow, possibly tonight if I have time. :3
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

This sounds fun and might be "rehabilitative" for my Hunter XD

Name & Level: Rikaku lvl 85
Exotics: Yes
Pet Slots: 4
Restrictions: No TBC spiders please. Their sounds hurt my ears and I actually enjoy listening to WoW when I play XD
Armory Link/Screenshot (Optional): There's a pic of my NE in my siggy. but her armory is also here. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/m ... aku/simple
Additional Notes: None? XD *waits to see what comes*

Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

For Rikaku:

Bioluminescent Pets!

ImageImageImageImage

Green Runed Dog, Purple Shale Spider, Green Sporebat and Purple Firefly!

Oh, and that's fine Vephriel no rush--I just really wanted to make sure you saw it & were okay with the theme :D The thread's moving rather fast, I have a feeling some "rolls" will get lost in the rush lol!
Last edited by Acherontia on Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Acherontia wrote:Ha! I love seeing that your "available stable slots" just went down by two :lol: Awesome review/screenshots--you've actually tempted me to try out a moth!

Your new theme:

The Color Blue!

ImageImageImageImage

Blue Spiked Crab,
Blue Runed Dog, Blue Old-World Wind Serpent, and Blue Old-World Worm!

:D I love my new moth, she's sooooooo cute. I remember taming a blue one a long time ago and being like "meh." I love the pink and brown moth so much. And Sorbet looks so good with Venjin I can't picture abandoning her. XD

This blue theme should be fun. I'll get on it either later tonight or tomorrow. ^_^

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Cialbi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Cenarion Circle (US-Alliance)

Unread post by Cialbi »

Acherontia wrote:I'll roll yours momentarily Pawtrack :D Vephriel, was your theme okay by you?

For Pawtrack (Velyana):

Gothix Pets!

Black Owl, Diseased Black Bear, Brown Bat, Brown Spider, and the Black Stormcrow.

If the Daggercap Hawk turns out to be too much hassle, feel free to take the blue Plaguehound from Tirisfal instead; I wanted a Ferocity pet in there, and the dog would work too.
Figured it was worth mentioning that the Daggercap Hawks aren't that difficult at all for Alliance. Take the boat from Menethil Harbor up to Northrend, and stay on the boat until it is as far north as it will go. At this point, you are to do something exceedingly stupid; go skinny-dipping in shark-infested glacial waters! You should shortly find yourself staring at a Spirit Healer on a small rise littered with Alliance and Vrykul corpses. Accept the spirit healer's offer, and sit around until Resurrection Sickness goes away. You aren't in any danger in that area, so feel free to go AFK for a few minutes. Once you are feeling better, you'll be able to find Daggercap Hawks to your east, a safe distance from the patrolling Vrykul. Tame, hearth, and you're done!
AKA Nazthandol, in <Petopians> (US)

Cute doesn't need an explanation.
_____

Avatar by LupisDarkmoon, and image caption by Kurasu. Thanks!

Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Every time I've brought a lowbie to tame them, they managed to pull the Vrykul dudes too :lol:
Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

Argh, sorry mine is taking so long! I'm trying to figure out a system for uploading screenshots. >.<

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

LupisDarkmoon wrote:Argh, sorry mine is taking so long! I'm trying to figure out a system for uploading screenshots. >.<
Photobucket or Imageshack?

[/center]
Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

The problem is my internet. I can't upload images - it takes forever. I can if I upload it onto the other computer, though, but that's time consuming.
Oh well! I'll start working on that as soon as I can.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

That sucks Lupis. =(

[/center]
Siliverin
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nazgrel, Nesingwary, Dalaran

Unread post by Siliverin »

SO for my lovley safari theme i had a lion, croc and rhino :) it went quite well here is how it went :D

Bastet: Gold Lion ( i know this model is male but first thing that came to mind xD )
I headed to barrens to tame this lovley cat. the only thing that bugged me is the mane loked a little boxy and their coloring looks blotchy. of course this is just imo. you can see it in the profile screenie. like most cats, very good dps, killed scorpids like it was nothing and imo unique in a way since i dont see many of this color running around. He did well fighting alone with no help, didnt need me to heal him throughout the fight. all in all just wish i didnt see the blotchy color and boxyish mane xD

Sobek: Brown cata croc
So i love the cata crocs hence why i have gorebite :) great when it comes to tanking i dont think he lost a bit of health while fighting. i love these guys to death since they seem to have.. puddgt cheeks i guess you could say heh and they remind me of babies in a way. i suggest croc's for tanking pets if someone wants something but not sure what, they are great :) i had alot of fun with him :) not really anything bad to say about them or the model. they dont have an aoe attack except thunderstomp when they get it but other then that he held aggro like a champ and didnt loose any health really. i already have my boy though :)

Roflstomp: White Rhino
So i went into stormpeaks to get this guy. the name was just a random thing xD now rhinos make AWSOME tank pets. all around he kept aggro good, never lost health, and they are huge which for me is a bonnus LOL. the things i noticed on the model, certian parts of them seem like boxes.. not sure if you can see it in the screenie i have attached, but they are. that bugged me a bit xD. all in all had alot of fun with his special ability and would love to keep a rhino but i like having open spaces.

i dont run randoms or pvp so this is just going off of what i do on a normal basis which ranges from nothing, to killing random stuff, farming mats and maybe dailies xD

Ill take another when u have time :)

Siliverin- lvl 85
exotics; sure
restriction: no silithids, gorillas monkey or spiders ( they creep me out xP )
Attachments
Bastet: Tame
Bastet: Tame
WoWScrnShot_020311_152745.jpg (810.9 KiB) Viewed 3659 times
profile view: Kitty
profile view: Kitty
WoWScrnShot_020311_183223.jpg (519.92 KiB) Viewed 3659 times
tameing of Sobek: Croc
tameing of Sobek: Croc
WoWScrnShot_020311_153258.jpg (828.17 KiB) Viewed 3659 times
sobek fighting
sobek fighting
WoWScrnShot_020311_183337.jpg (478.46 KiB) Viewed 3659 times
taming roflstomp
taming roflstomp
WoWScrnShot_020311_155950.jpg (430.68 KiB) Viewed 3659 times
roflstomp, roflstompin a scorpid
roflstomp, roflstompin a scorpid
WoWScrnShot_020311_182757.jpg (445.96 KiB) Viewed 3659 times
Sig by Kurenio!
Anansi wrote:But OJC is just Old Jumper Cliff, a cranky old crazy guy who hops around making grunting noises to scare away children and small animals. Not sure if he's tamable, probably not.
Siliverin
Credit to Seilahyn and Kurenio for the avatars
Pawtrack
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Venture co., Duskwood, Hydraxis, Draka

Unread post by Pawtrack »

Cialbi wrote:
Acherontia wrote:I'll roll yours momentarily Pawtrack :D Vephriel, was your theme okay by you?

For Pawtrack (Velyana):

Gothix Pets!

Figured it was worth mentioning that the Daggercap Hawks aren't that difficult at all for Alliance. Take the boat from Menethil Harbor up to Northrend, and stay on the boat until it is as far north as it will go. At this point, you are to do something exceedingly stupid; go skinny-dipping in shark-infested glacial waters! You should shortly find yourself staring at a Spirit Healer on a small rise littered with Alliance and Vrykul corpses. Accept the spirit healer's offer, and sit around until Resurrection Sickness goes away. You aren't in any danger in that area, so feel free to go AFK for a few minutes. Once you are feeling better, you'll be able to find Daggercap Hawks to your east, a safe distance from the patrolling Vrykul. Tame, hearth, and you're done!
Alright, thanks for the tip! Already got one of those for my bro on horde, so it shouldn't be too hard as an alliance. Will get to taming soon! :D

Death leads to life
Life leads to death

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

All right, blue theme challenge tame. :D

All of these pets are wonderful looking, I felt so sad that when I tamed them, it took me a while to come up with names for them.

Anyway, on to the reviews!

First up is Donaghy the worm! ^_^ (I've just started watching 30 Rock and Alec Baldwin's character is my favorite.)

I've never thought to tame one of the old world worms, I've always seen them as sort of goofy and ugly looking. Donaghy has a certain charm about him though. The blue color on these guys is rather nice, and as I thought, these blue challenge pets look good next to Venjin. ^_^

Everything these guys do is adorable. They slither cute, they swim cute, and they fight cute. Their Acid Spit ability is useful and only on a 7 second cooldown. Sadly I lost some love for worms for a while after they made Burrow drop aggro so that worms could become AoE DPS pets. I've regained my love for worms, but I see little use for an AoE DPS pet for what I do (I suppose on certain encounters it might be good). I know some people use worms as tanks still and I think that's great. :D

Next is Icicle the wind serpent.

Wind serpents are another pet I used to hate until their debuff got changed and I saw some of the screenshots of them from the original pet challenge. I've learned to fall in love with them and I think I like this old word model better than my outlands blue one.

These old model deep blue wind serpents are gorgeous and there's quite a few different faucets to their coloring. Their coloring shows best in bright lighting situations, but they're a beautiful blue-black base color with teal eyes and body markings. I even love how regal Icicle looks. ^_^ :hug:

Wind serpents are fabulous pets for survival hunters as well as a group composition that's caster heavy. I have a dragonhawk on my main huntress and I usually carry him around in my SV team. The nice thing about them as well is that they'll boost your DPS (and/or your raid/dungeon group) and put out great damage and even offer you Roar of Recovery should you choose to spec into it. I'm sure these guys could be useful in an organized PvP situation, I'm not so sure I'd haul them to a random BG. Overall they're great pets though. :D

Next is Bluebell, the blue deep sea crab.

Venjin has a red crab named Cake (get it? Crab Cake. Bad pun, I know >_<) that she used for PvP in WotLK. Looks wise, I think the new spiky crabs look a little bit more fierce than the older crab models and a little more high res, although the older models have their share of charm too.

These blue crabs are another of those that have some neat coloring to them. They're blue on top with little black spikes and claws, and their 'tummy' is a light greyish color; kind of pretty really. The blue of their shell even has some purple tones to it.

For animations, I've always liked crabs. They have a cute little scuttle and when they swim they use those big front claws like giant paddles. They're also fairly quiet and nonactive pets, great for people who like that sort of thing.

Pin is a handy ability, the only issue I have with it is that it's a channeled melee. If you're not big on micro-managing your pet, this may get you into a bit of trouble if you time it wrong or are a little late to get your pet to either yourself or a teammate in need of assistance. Being tenacity means these guys can tank a bit, but if you leave pin on autocast, you'll quickly pull aggro as they can't generate threat while channeling the ability. These guys were one of the go-to PvP pets in WotLK; I'm not too sure where they stand now.

And last but not least, Rockefeller the blue runed dog.

Dogs...the ferocity version of crabs. =P Anyway, these guys are really cute. The colors on them are great. I love the dark blue fur with the light blue highlighting and the white mane and tail. It's a little weird how their ribcage and trachea seem to light up, and their back legs look a tad funny in design, almost like they're too skinny or something.

These guys are pretty adorable in the animations department as well. They do a really cute little jump animation while they're idle and the way they run is amusing to watch.

As for their special ability...see my view of it on the crab's review. Pin can be great...but to me it feels too hit and miss.

Another fun little bunch of pets to tame. Venjin's once empty stable slots are going to start filling fast I think. :lol:
I think I'll keep Donaghy around for a little while at least, there's just something about him I like. I let Bluebell go because I have Cake and I just can't give him up. I've traded my outlands wind serpents for Icicle. I'm torn on whether to keep Rockefeller or my little Bayne.

Another please. :D

Name and Level: Venjin, 80
Exotics: Yes
Pet Slots: 9
No Restrictions

[/center]
Nubhorns
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: WrA

Unread post by Nubhorns »

I still have to knock my singular pet challenge out too, but more to do can't hurt. ;)

Name & Level: Veeka, 85
Exotics: Fine by me.
Pet Slots: More than 5, so whatever number you'd like. :P
Restrictions: Like the single pet challenge, I don't really want to camp for anything. No spirit beasts either.
Additional Info: I'm a priest set collector, for what it's worth.
Attachments
Hello boring screenshot!
Hello boring screenshot!
WoWScrnShot_020411_060354.jpg (205.74 KiB) Viewed 3659 times

|| deviantART || armory || magistream ||

Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

I love your reviews, TygerDarkstorm. They're thorough enough, and descriptive/pretty enough that I now DON'T have to go out and tame certain pets to check them out! :P The pics are awesome. I actually thought blue might clash with your troll due to the pink hair, which was worrying but could have been interesting too, but the blue skin sets them off nicely :D

For Siliverin:

White Pets!

ImageImageImage

White Eagle, White Cat, and the White Crab!

For TygerDarkstorm:

Undead Pets!

ImageImageImageImage

Diseased Gray Bear, Plagued Boar, Undead Hawk, and Diseased Wolf!

For Nubhorns (Veeka):

Egyptian Pets!

ImageImageImageImage

Green Scarab, Black Panther Cat, Brown "Hawk" and and Brown ... um... JACKAL! Yeah, it's a jackal.

(There's no "house" cats, no "jackals" and no "hawks" so just pretend? XD)

Cerah
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Alterac Mtns, Maelstrom, Nesingwary, Silver Hand

Re: The Themed Pet Challenge

Unread post by Cerah »

Acherontia wrote:

For Cerah (Leata)!

Be aware that due to your species restrictions, plus the level limit, you've eliminated everything BUT color themes, so I'm going to have to do one of those. In the future, people, limit your "restrictions" to a couple (2-3) families if possible, please, and in a list. It took me a very long time to piece-by-piece eliminate each theme, and then several color themes, due to the level limit + restrictions list--so limit your limits please folks :lol: And a reminder--the Armory link isn't to be used to list your restrictions, but rather only if you want a pet to match your char, as per Page 1's rules :) Thanks!

A GRAY Theme!

ImageImageImage

Gray Tarantula, Gray Parrot and the Pale Bat

See, this is why I stopped doing the challenges. I really don't understand why it's considered such as pain in the ass for me to not want duplicates of the same pet on one character. I tried being reasonable, picking the hunter who has the least number of pets for this particular challenge -- I'd even be willing to level her up a bit more, but that's still apparently not good enough.

Don't expect any reviews from me. I'm not putting the time and effort into doing these challenges anymore if I'm treated like public enemy #1 for actually wanting variety in my pets.

Visit Pop Seagull Publishing
Original Canadian Science Fiction, Fantasy and Horror
Sleep is Temporary. Reading is Forever!