King Krush and fear

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Morkc
Realm: Earthen Ring

King Krush and fear

Unread post by Morkc »

So I've been on the hunt for King Krush and have prepared myself with a mix of stamina scrolls, LW drums, haste food, and haste elixirs to the point where I have close to 29K health and a cast time of 16.4 secs for tame beast. Earlier today I was in the Basin camping for Krush when my NPCscan goes off alerting me of his spawn. I already have my haste buff from the food so I quickly use all the other consumables I've prepared. I open the attack with a scorpid sting followed by a bestial wrath (for fear resist) and abandon pet macro. I start the tame after all this and as soon as my Beast Within buff drops I get feared. Unfortunately, by the time I was able to tame another pet and try again he was killed by someone else.

I was under the assumption from what I've read that he fears every 9 or 10 secs. So I had thought that I would have no issues with the his fear ability since his fear should have went off before The Beast Within drops. Was I wrong in thinking that his fear is on a specific timer? Or maybe I just did something wrong. One thing I have read on Krush's wowhead comments is that his fear timer may not start until he comes with melee range. If that comment is true and I had popped Bestial Wrath before he entered melee (which I don't remember if I did or not) it would make sense that I was feared right after my 10 secs of BW were up. Is anyone able to confirm any of this?

Since my failure I've decided to change my gear a bit. I've dropped from 29K to 27.5K health buffed but I've gotten my tame beast cast down to 14.9 secs. If his fear is completely random it would mean that I would be susceptible to it for about 6.5 secs after the BW global cooldown. If that's the case I was thinking of gemming and enchanting to lower that number even more.
Dakonic
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Baeglum

Re: King Krush and fear

Unread post by Dakonic »

If i were you i would get a preist to come along with me and use fearward, or you can even build up aggro on krush then start tame so the preist could maybe pop in one heal without pulling off aggro.
Dragon Cave: http://dragcave.net/user/Dakonic
Formally known as "celestial88"
Image Image Image Image
Morkc

Unread post by Morkc »

I don't think the lack of heals would've an issue as I was doing fine on health. It would be cool to have someone around to help me but unfortunately I don't know anyone who is kind enough to wait the hours needed for him to spawn. Since I started my hunt I've went through 45 Baked Manta Ray so that would put me at 45 hours hunting. I'm afraid that when I do see him spawn again I won't have the luxury of waiting for a friend to fly out to me to help also. That being said, one of the reasons why this tame means alot to me is because solo taming Krush is probably the most challenging tame in the game right now. Because of that I don't think I would take the aid of another class even if it was offered. However, I have no qualms about taking advice from others to better understand the tame and so I can try again a bit smarter. Right now I'm just curious as to his fear mechanic so this way I'll know if I either need to time my actions better or prepare my gear with more haste.
Dakonic
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Baeglum

Unread post by Dakonic »

Just do /who sholazar and see if there are any preists close to you. Ask when you see him, or just ask someone if they will help when you do find him.
Dragon Cave: http://dragcave.net/user/Dakonic
Formally known as "celestial88"
Image Image Image Image
Rhyela
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

I can say with near certainty that his fear is a melee-range fear, think...a warrior's intimidating shout (which is I think 8 yards?). When I first tried to tame him, I blew my BW/tame macro at max distance, and got feared almost immediately after TBW was gone. I didn't figure that out til AFTER someone came and killed him, of course. The second time I found him, the three tame attempts went as follows: 1) aggroed Farunn on accident, FD; 2) made sure not to aggro anything but he got some mean crits in, FD; 3) recruited my brother's resto shaman, and with haste buffs + 17.5k hp + heroism + earth shield, I finally managed to get him. The successful attempt went like this: distracting shot (just to be on the safe side with a healer around), scorpid sting, melee range-->tame macro. Of course, he charged me on the last attempt which interrupted my tame, but thankfully he did it early enough that with heroism and all that, I still had enough time to avoid the fear.

But yes, TLDR - his fear does seem to be melee range. Definitely try to wait until he gets up close before beginning your macro. The way I see it, he'll blow his first one upon entering combat with you while TBW is up, and the second one won't come for approximately 10 more seconds. So if your tame beast is short enough, you should be able to avoid that second fear. Good luck to you, you'll need it. I would suggest enlisting help but I understand that isn't always possible. However, I think unlike you and some other hunters, I wanted him more than I wanted the right to say I did it myself. I was willing to do whatever it took, even if it meant enlisting my entire guild to help, lol. I lurves my Apollyon.

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Kroxis
Realm: Daggerspine -US

Unread post by Kroxis »

I did it solo by getting the entire cast time of tame shorter than the duration of beast within. Sadly I forget what that magic number was however. His fear may have a CD but it feels to me random when he uses it the first time. Stacking more haste will make your next attempt less RNG. Good luck!
Morkc

Unread post by Morkc »

I finally got him last night and I would have to say that the time when he casts fear might just be subject to the RNG. On my second attempt at him I opened with a scorpid sting and started my BW/abandon pet macro when he was within melee range followed by a hasted 14.2 sec tame beast. He managed to fear me again before finishing the tame. I was lucky enough to get another trash pet quick enough to get another shot at him. This time I did the scorpid sting and started my BW/abandon pet macro at max range followed by a tame beast. I was able to get him without being feared. I would have to say that after my three attempts to just stack as much haste as possible to shorten the time between when the beast within drops and the finishing of the tame. Thanks to everyone for their comments and their help. I feel really good that I was able to accomplish taming Krush solo.
Last edited by Morkc on Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

Morkc wrote:I finally got him last night and I would have to that the time when he casts fear might just be subject to the RNG. On my second attempt at him I opened with a scorpid sting and started my BW/abandon pet macro when he was within melee range followed by a hasted 14.2 sec tame beast. He managed to fear me again before finishing the tame. I was lucky enough to get another trash pet quick enough to get another shot at him. This time I did the scorpid sting and started my BW/abandon pet macro at max range followed by a tame beast. I was able to get him without being feared. I would have to say that after my three attempts to just stack as much haste as possible to shorten the time between when the beast within drops and the finishing of the tame. Thanks to everyone for their comments and their help. I feel really good that I was able to accomplish what I did solo.
Congrats on your awesome tame!!! Those few seconds after TBW are some of the most heart-pounding, forehead-sweating moments in a hunter's life (go tame bar, go go GO GO GO!). Then comes the RELIEF and sense of happiness after that target reticule turns blue! I was grinning like a moron for several minutes after taming my Krush, it was awesome.

So again, CONGRATULATIONS!!! :D

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Phyra
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Ysera

Unread post by Phyra »

I hear mention of the 'Macro'. I would absolutely love some tips/help in order to craft a macro that can help me tame him.

Thank you in advance! :D

Also, Wyvren Sting -- does that help much of any? Is he immune as he is with ice traps?
Nevyc
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: VentCo

Unread post by Nevyc »

Big grats. Few things are as rewarding as finally getting that pet you want.
Impulse
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Tichondrius US

Unread post by Impulse »

Grats, I also went through your trouble while ago to tame mine :P
Even with decent amount of buff + haste gear it's still can be difficult. I got a bloodlust from random shaman in the zone and gave him couple hundred gold for his service. I did not want to delay any longer before someone spots him and mess things up.