Adding more to The Pack?

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Araela
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Thrall

Adding more to The Pack?

Unread post by Araela »

Alright... I keep going back to it... and I keep turning away... because I can't figure out who (if anyone) to get rid of from my pets....

In this thread (EDIT: Not sure why, but my thread was deleted. :( )someone asked why I didn't have Timber in my pack. Oh Timber, Lupos, Ghost Howl, and Death Howl, how I truly wish I could add one of you to my mix!

I really don't know who to drop for yet another wolf, or if I should stick with what I have. I love wolves a TON, and while I have many as you will see in my signature, I don't know if I should continue hunting for them!

So I have two questions!

1) In comment threads on Wowhead, I have seen that many people believe Death Howl is actually "whiter" than the other wolves. Is this true? If so, I will probably go searching for him if I add another wolf to the mix.

2) Who should I get rid of, if anyone? Here is a list of my "Will not ever leave stables" pets:
  • Any current wolf (Snarler, Ironjaw, Old Cliff Jumper, Deathmaw)
    Any spirit beast (All of them- Loque'nahak, Skoll, Karoma, Ghostcrawler, Arcturis, Gondria)
    King Krush
    Terrorpene
    Sambas
    Rak'shiri
    Lord Kri
    Princess Huhuran
    Olm the Wise
    Nuramoc
    Chromaggus
The others are kind of up for debate. I'm still getting used to the Death Ravager who I just got, and I like him, so I think I will keep him. I have two dragonhawks (ZA and Sunwell) but as a Blood Elf I really like using dragonhawks. If I had more stable slots I'd probably tame every one I could.

As for Jadefang, Madexx, and Aotona, I love them a lot but rarely use them I might actually use Jadefang more now that BM isn't horrid. In hind sight, it probably would have been easier to make a "Would probably be willing to part with" list, but meh.

You can find my armory page at the link in my signature if you want to look and see who I have, or if I should just keep everyone and not worry about Death Howl/Lupos/Timber/Ghost Howl.

Thank you for your opinions, Petopians!
Last edited by Araela on Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wassa
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Re: Adding more to The Pack?

Unread post by Wassa »

No advice on which pet to release for Timber, but on the topic of Death Howl being "whiter," he isn't. All white worg models are the same skin. People might think he is due to the lighting in Felwood and the fact that he sticks out like a bright beacon in such a dark, dull zone.
Last edited by Wassa on Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

A rare visitor to this forum now that I don't play WoW anymore, but forever a Petopian.

Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Death Howl is the same as the other "blue" worgs. He's whiter than some by comparison, but he's not a unique skin.

That said, are there any pets you'd be able to tame on an alt, as opposed to giving them up completely? Or....just tame Timber on a lowbie alt and start a second pack, since you're pretty set with what you have? :D

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Araela
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Araela »

Kalliope wrote:Death Howl is the same as the other "blue" worgs. He's whiter than some by comparison, but he's not a unique skin.

That said, are there any pets you'd be able to tame on an alt, as opposed to giving them up completely? Or....just tame Timber on a lowbie alt and start a second pack, since you're pretty set with what you have? :D
I do have Lupos on a lowbie alt - but the idea of taming other pets on an alt is awesome. I will consider that!
Kerafirewing
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Sisters of Elune (Used to be Uldaman)
Location: Grooming my pets by the stable master in the Tauren District.

Unread post by Kerafirewing »

I have multiple hunters on my account and am trying to be somewhat different with what I get on each. I went as far as to sit down and look through petopia and take into account what race each is and what I might want to tame vs what I have already tamed. I have a list of what I definitely want on each and how many spaces the toon will have left after getting them. I will tip my hat to you for choosing to make a Pack though. I adore wolves more than anything myself and want to have as many of them as I can. So yes, if you have another hunter toon, just get the ones you are missing on them and have fun with what you have on your main. If you can live with that solution, then all is good and some wolves have a good home instead of having to face Deathwing alone.

Edit: ROFLMAO. Is it safe to say that someone is a Star Trek fan? Love that Skoll is named Riker and Loque is Sisko and Gondria is Odo. I will have to share that with a couple of my guildies. :headbang: *highfive*
My precious guardians
Other hunters: Tobias, Roxie, Kynsia, Jaystus, Kegtapper, Noriana, Cleo, Lakota, Romulus, Roxie, Solari, Sahkura, Syren, Ladywolf
Loethlin
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Defias Brotherhood EU

Unread post by Loethlin »

Kerafirewing wrote:Edit: ROFLMAO. Is it safe to say that someone is a Star Trek fan?
Why would it be unsafe? :o
I'm proud to be a Trekkie! *points to avatar and signature*
Vetiver
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Zul'jin US/Farstriders US

Unread post by Vetiver »

i read in a wowhead comment somewhere that on max graphic settings ghost howl is a tiny bit transparent...but my graphics card is old and wow won't let me turn it up past "fair" hehe. if you have the ability to crank your quality up, maybe go check him out?

Thrawna Partyfavor Poliwrath Mint

...plus many, many more. <3

Samarachan
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by Samarachan »

Gonna go check it out, will post pix. (if he's there D: )
Araela
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Araela »

Haha! Yes, huge Trekkie here. I'm actually a part of STARFLEET: The International Star Trek Fan Association. We do a lot of charity work and have conferences and summits throughout the year. :D I love it!!!

I have my current signature which I just made yesterday, but I believe I am going to make a Star Trek one here integrated with mine. :D
Samarachan
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by Samarachan »

Transparent? Nope.

Off to teh Felwoods!
Araela
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Araela »

Sigh. The more I look at the white ones, the more I want one. >.< WTB more stable slots!!!!
Vetiver
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Zul'jin US/Farstriders US

Unread post by Vetiver »

well boo to jerks on wowhead then. T_T

Thrawna Partyfavor Poliwrath Mint

...plus many, many more. <3