Rak shiri changes again!

Read-only since Patch 4.1 is now live.
Ziarre
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore-US, Wyrmrest Accord-US

Re: Rak shiri changes again!

Unread post by Ziarre »

That's the same boat everyone who had a teal Rak'shiri that changed to white was in. Either we accepted the change in some fashion, or we had to abandon (and retame or not, as we chose). I understand the feeling...but at the same time, I'm selfish and don't want this bit of happy to go away.
Acherontia wrote:

It's like daring someone to go insult a bunch of kindly old nuns. You'll wind up going back to your friends with a story about how they smiled at your insults and tried to give you cookies, or something.

Shaiel - 110 Night Elf Hunter
Sahkar - 110 Mag'har Orc Hunter
Tumblr!

Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Rikaku wrote:I guess thats some consolation. Though I'm still upset about my beloved Rak'shiri losing what is undoubtedly my favorite coloration.

Yes yes I know, I can re-tame a new one. but it won't be my Rak'shiri =(
Exactly.....it's not Rak'shiri.....

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

Ziarre wrote:That's the same boat everyone who had a teal Rak'shiri that changed to white was in. Either we accepted the change in some fashion, or we had to abandon (and retame or not, as we chose). I understand the feeling...but at the same time, I'm selfish and don't want this bit of happy to go away.
I totally agree. When this change first went through, I felt sympathy for my ffellow hunters who didn't want the change. And I actually was on the "they shouldnt have changed Rak'shiri" boat. As much as I love the two combined, I didn't feel it was right to do.

I'm glad other people get their pet back, that's awesome. But I'll probably be perma-stabling my Rak'shiri now cause I can not really stand the blue-skin anymore XD Its just so sickly common on my realm.

Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Rikaku wrote:
Ziarre wrote:That's the same boat everyone who had a teal Rak'shiri that changed to white was in. Either we accepted the change in some fashion, or we had to abandon (and retame or not, as we chose). I understand the feeling...but at the same time, I'm selfish and don't want this bit of happy to go away.
I totally agree. When this change first went through, I felt sympathy for my ffellow hunters who didn't want the change. And I actually was on the "they shouldnt have changed Rak'shiri" boat. As much as I love the two combined, I didn't feel it was right to do.

I'm glad other people get their pet back, that's awesome. But I'll probably be perma-stabling my Rak'shiri now cause I can not really stand the blue-skin anymore XD Its just so sickly common on my realm.
It's so common on almost all realms.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

Yep, the teal skin is very common on realms and from what I saw on my server, the black and white color combo was pretty uncommon. I feel for the people who lost their former pet, but now those of us who fell in love with him as the black and white skin are in the same boat.

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

*blinks.*

...Rak...?

THEY FIXED YOU! YAAAAAAY! *tacklehugs Noah.* Thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou! Moonie's back to normal again!

I'm sorry to those of you who loved his black and white skin, but I for one am estatic my proper kitty is coming home. I can get rid of the faker I tamed and never touched. Moonie...you're back. I can play my hunter again....

*grins widely, overjoyed.*
Teevo
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Elune

Unread post by Teevo »

So I'm having a tough time fully understanding the skin changes. Can anyone give me a simple answer as to which of these cat models will be rare + unique skins between Rak'shiri, Sian-Rotam, and Shy-Rotam? I'd greatly appreciate it.

Special thanks to Pooksie for my Sig!

Mozag
Realm: Several on EU.

Unread post by Mozag »

The aqua skin and the white lion will be rares.

http://www.wow-petopia.com/look/ridingt ... naqua.html

http://www.wow-petopia.com/look/lionskinwhite.html

The white riding tiger skin (no link), the black and white saber cat and, I assume, the lavender skin will be regular mobs.

http://www.wow-petopia.com/look/ridingt ... addle.html

http://www.wow-petopia.com/look/ridingt ... ender.html

Please correct me if I'm wrong, anyone!

Edit: And I assume that the normal white cat skin will exist somewhere as well...

http://www.wow-petopia.com/look/tigersk ... white.html
Samarachan
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by Samarachan »

So, (sorry for nub doh question) Shy and Rak will have the same skin now? Means I can dismiss one of them? (have both on one hunter D: )
Teevo
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Elune

Unread post by Teevo »

Rare AND unique? or just rare?

Special thanks to Pooksie for my Sig!

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Teevo wrote:
Rare AND unique? or just rare?
Just rare. Rak'shiri will once again share a skin with Shy-Rotam, and as you can see Echeyakee has always been the white lion model alongside Sian-Rotam.
Sasrei
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: US - Icecrown, Nesinwary

Unread post by Sasrei »

Im happy for the people who loved the Aqua skin but I did love my little black and white girl..

well I guess Teeka will just be changing into a new mob.. maybe the golden cat will pop up some where.

thank you Ashaine and Kurenio!!!!

Tessara
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Silver Hand US (Horde)

Unread post by Tessara »

~*SIGH*~ So much for camping the skin I'd always wanted for hours... Now I'll just be tossing this cat away once the newest changes hit. At least pets are going to level up tp our level now or I'd be extremely ticked off since I'd spent the time & effort to get him to 85. Time to find out where the sabre white tiger skin gets re-implimented...

Pyrotess - <Dreadblade Asssassins> - Silver Hand US
"Good, Bad, I'm the girl with the gun."

Yaone
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Lightbringer

Unread post by Yaone »

I am going to say sorry in advance, but I really am glad they changed Rak'shiri back.
Nubhorns
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: WrA

Unread post by Nubhorns »

Kind of disappointed that a vast majority of people wanted Rak back the way he was - we get him changed, and there's even more fussing from people who liked the white skin.

Because it's "unique" and "rare" and oooh, who cares if the people who tamed Rak originally truly loved him, I want my sparkly skin back! I'm not inclined to be mean, but I think the people who had him first and loved him for what he was have more validity to their claims. :/

Little less Pokemon Trainer, more Hunter, yes? I understand that those with white Rak may have bonded with him, but he's shed his spring coat back into something more comfortable, and I think he'd like it quite a bit if you'd love him for who he is, not what skin he wears. ;P

|| deviantART || armory || magistream ||

Raydex-of-the-dawn
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Dawnbringer

Unread post by Raydex-of-the-dawn »

Taluwen wrote:
Rikaku wrote:

It's so common on almost all realms.
Really? I've seen it like...twice...on Dawnbringer! I see more Sambas than bright blue. D:

Tessara
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Silver Hand US (Horde)

Unread post by Tessara »

Kalliope wrote:
Taluwen wrote:Damnit. ><; I wanted Rak'shiri cause it was a white tiger. Now Rak'shiri isnt unique anymore.
She wasn't unique before; she was the same as the night elf starter cat. :)
I think she meant UNIQUE as in it was the ONLY tameable version by those of us who don't play Nelfs and begin with that pet in tow. ;)

After my initial unhappiness, I'm at least glad that Blizz will be allowing those of us who have always loved and wanted the white tiger sabre skin to still tame it (even if I am still slightly miffed that we don't seem to have a rare version yet). I know that I for one, have wanted this skin since I first cried when I found out that the guardians of Darnassus weren't tameable. :(

Pyrotess - <Dreadblade Asssassins> - Silver Hand US
"Good, Bad, I'm the girl with the gun."

Mippster
Realm: Frostwolf

Unread post by Mippster »

I'm glad Rak'shiri is back to its original color.
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

Nubhorns wrote: Little less Pokemon Trainer, more Hunter, yes? I understand that those with white Rak may have bonded with him, but he's shed his spring coat back into something more comfortable, and I think he'd like it quite a bit if you'd love him for who he is, not what skin he wears. ;P
Same could be said to those who cried when the skin was initially changed and they felt their beloved pet was "lost." It's the same thing for those of us who fell in love with the black and white skin and now have to tame it on a common mob as opposed to the rare. He gained a personality and now I'm hoping not to lose it by having to tame a new cat.

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Falcon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Falcon »

D'oh! Now I'm going to have to get certificates of ownership for my two Rak'shiris because their names won't make sense anymore. :lol: Ashkah (my night elf huntress on Shadow Council) finally got high enough to tame her last night, too. I'm really glad Rak'shiri's back (or going to be, rather!) to her aqua skin, I find it to be quite beautiful, so both Yue and Tui are going to be staying with their respective huntresses. And I'm happy that Ash will still get to have Yue after all since Rak's current skin's being put onto the frostsabers. Woohoo!

Now I'm going to have to camp her again later just to see her in the wild as her aqua self since I never saw her before her color change. And if this happens one more time, poor Rakkie's going to have an identity crisis. But aqua or white, I personally don't care which she is, to me she's Rak'shiri and that's all that matters.

Or Noah could always give her the Maddex treatment and make it to where she could spawn in either color? Just a thought that suddenly hit me.